These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Black Screen Error

First post
Author
Arakoinae Veldor
Aphelion Monks
#1 - 2016-06-30 02:11:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Arakoinae Veldor
Ever since these new patches today I been getting this annoying black screen error when I enter stations. I imagine it's from the stupid station animation they added. Is anyone else having this problem. I mine often and it eventually hangs up causing me to restart. The game is unplayable for me now, I hope they fix this. I have the latest nvidia drivers and direct x 11. GTX 760 video card, Core 2 quad 9300. I also have a problem with player portraits, Many of them are blank. I did a reset cache in options but the problem persists. Everything was working fine before the patches. I also did a verify in options but no corrupt files.
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#2 - 2016-06-30 02:24:10 UTC
I'm using this computer my parents gave to me for my high school graduation back in 1997, where I got no training or skills since I spent all my time being cool and going to keggers. Lucky for me I found a discount ISP that takes empty cans for payment! But, now you're so-called "improving" the game, none of it works on my fabulous machine (I'm using XP SP1 by the way since I'm so very dank). So, CCP, make the game the way it was ten years ago 'cause that ran perfectly. It's so screwed up now with all your improvements it won't run on a decent computer like mine!

(Did Kurt Cobain really die? When did THAT happen?)

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

pajedas
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-06-30 02:29:46 UTC
Arakoinae Veldor wrote:
Ever since these new patches today I been getting this annoying black screen error when I enter stations. I imagine it's from the stupid station animation they added. Is anyone else having this problem. I mine often and it always hangs up causing me to restart often. The game is unplayable for me now, I hope they fix this. I have the latest nvidia drivers and direct x 11. GTX 760 video card, Core 2 quad 9300. I also have a problem with player portraits, Many of them are blank. I did a reset cache in options but the problem persists. Everything was working fine before the patches. I also did a verify in options but no corrupt files.

I had the cursed Black Screen the first login after the latest patch. I hit "Clear All Cache Files" and it's been working fine every since.

I would try it again :-)

🐇

Arakoinae Veldor
Aphelion Monks
#4 - 2016-06-30 02:31:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Arakoinae Veldor
pajedas wrote:
Arakoinae Veldor wrote:
Ever since these new patches today I been getting this annoying black screen error when I enter stations. I imagine it's from the stupid station animation they added. Is anyone else having this problem. I mine often and it always hangs up causing me to restart often. The game is unplayable for me now, I hope they fix this. I have the latest nvidia drivers and direct x 11. GTX 760 video card, Core 2 quad 9300. I also have a problem with player portraits, Many of them are blank. I did a reset cache in options but the problem persists. Everything was working fine before the patches. I also did a verify in options but no corrupt files.

I had the cursed Black Screen the first login after the latest patch. I hit "Clear All Cache Files" and it's been working fine every since.

I would try it again :-)

I did that a couple times but it's not fixing nor the portrait errors. It's not a log on error it's when I enter station from space
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2016-06-30 02:34:51 UTC
Thanks. We're aware of this issue and are looking into it.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

pajedas
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-06-30 02:35:31 UTC
Arakoinae Veldor wrote:
I did that a couple times but it's not fixing nor the portrait errors. It's not a log on error it's when I enter station from space

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Mine was the same, the interior of the station was black.

Have you tried entering and leaving the Captain's Quarters?

I actually did that once before I cleared the cache.

🐇

Arakoinae Veldor
Aphelion Monks
#7 - 2016-06-30 02:35:55 UTC
Thanks
Johnno Ormand
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-06-30 03:22:18 UTC
I'm not sure if this is related, but I get a "black" screen every time I undock. The client window title then adds a "Not responding" text caption next to the toon name. This occurs on both my desktop PC and laptop PC running Windows 10.
Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#9 - 2016-06-30 13:35:10 UTC
This happened to my corpmate last night and it actually cleared itself up after about a minute. We suspected something was loading from disk or getting downloaded, but that is just a guess. He'd been in a station earlier on with no problem (Fliet III, our home station). The station where he got the error was the Poksu station in Oto - does that have different graphics for the station interior?
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#10 - 2016-06-30 14:01:41 UTC
Simple solution!

Send a drone in first to turn on the lights!

Just launch a drone, target the station, and press "F".

Black-screen problem solved.

--Gadget

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."

Arakoinae Veldor
Aphelion Monks
#11 - 2016-06-30 17:37:00 UTC
I like humor but the bottom line is I can't play anymore I go black screen 75% of the time when I enter a station form space. Been trying everything I can think of to fix. I spent for 2x 6 month account and i'm on my first couple weeks. I can't access anything. It's definatly the patches that caused some kind of error in my system. Never had this problem ever.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#12 - 2016-06-30 17:48:51 UTC  |  Edited by: DaReaper
misread, ignore post

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Arakoinae Veldor
Aphelion Monks
#13 - 2016-06-30 18:43:02 UTC
I see a vision in the near future. Look into the crystal ball. "Free to Play" Micro
pajedas
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-07-01 02:24:07 UTC
Arakoinae Veldor wrote:
I see a vision in the near future. Look into the crystal ball. "Free to Play" Micro

I know it's a pain in the ass, but have you tried reinstalling the client?

It's always my last resort.

Hope you get it fixed soon, sucks starting off that way.

I've played since May of 2003 with very few software issues...Goons on the other hand Evil

🐇

W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-07-01 02:33:33 UTC
I had this happen last winter way before this patch ever went live. When I logged in the station environment was there but once I re docked just black. All the buttons where still there though. Updated my drivers, cleared the game cache, and restarted the computer and it was fixed.

Knowing your luck you're probably running a hardware / software setup CCP didnt test for and they are working on fixing it though going by how it sounds.

PC gaming at its best.