These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

NPC Station removal

Author
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#1 - 2016-06-30 16:08:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitori Tenchi
Dear CCP,

You have longed to move people deeply dependent on NPC station and their economy to a more player driven aspect for the game. You made Citadels, and while it's a step in the right direction, their implementation is on going.

I'm not sure how you planned it all to go down, but I'm not sure you realize the power you now hold over the denizens of New Eden. You introduced the Docking/Undocking camera in the latest patch. If you were to make that camera mandatory for NPC stations and optional for Citadels I'm convinced a vast majority of players would use Citadels instead. You now have a means to accomplish something you've wanted to do for years. Get to it. Just my two isk.

Hitori

Edit:
P.S.- If I've outed your conspiracy by accident, you have my apologies.
Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-06-30 16:33:26 UTC
Don't end your posts with your name. It's literally right there to the left of it.
Amnika MonSulu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-06-30 16:39:03 UTC
Pax Deltari wrote:
Don't end your posts with your name. It's literally right there to the left of it.

Seriously, who ends their post with their name?

And really, I think they would be best served to crash the Jita market if they wanted to get everyone into Citadels.

Bob
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#4 - 2016-06-30 16:42:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitori Tenchi
Pax Deltari wrote:

Perhaps it escaped your attention that the post is written in what is known as a Letter format. A letter was something that back in the old days was put in an envelope and mailed through a post office to correspond with someone. Proper letter etiquette was to sign your name at the bottom.

Perhaps you are just too young to know what a letter is, or maybe you just wanted to be snide, either way I hope you have learned something.
Roci Nantes
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2016-06-30 16:54:37 UTC
As a "newer" player I have a legit question of why people care? I've never seen a reason that they should be removed that didn't involve someone laughing like a maniac, slobbering at all the ways they could rip off, and mess with other players.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#6 - 2016-06-30 17:04:42 UTC
Roci Nantes wrote:
As a "newer" player I have a legit question of why people care? I've never seen a reason that they should be removed that didn't involve someone laughing like a maniac, slobbering at all the ways they could rip off, and mess with other players.

Uhhhhh... that is kind of the entire point of the game.

Even as a newbie you have some power to do what you described (hint: social skills).
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#7 - 2016-06-30 17:12:30 UTC
Roci Nantes wrote:

Maybe my title is a bit misleading. Removing NPC Stations isn't entirely possible. However removing the centralized trade hubs is, and it's something CCP wanted to do. You will always need NPC stations because any player owned station has a glaring fault. What if the player quits EVE? Suddenly everyhting in the station shuts down due to lack of maintenance. If there isn't another Citadel in the system where does everyone's stuff go? That's why you need NPC stations.

I maybe should have called the thread Decentralizing trade hubs and player reliance on NPC stations.
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#8 - 2016-06-30 17:14:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitori Tenchi
double post
Maekchu
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-06-30 17:27:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Maekchu
Gunpoint Diplomacy
Somewhere in space
30/06/16

Dear Hitori Tenchi,

I write to you this letter, because of your latest remarks regarding letter format on forums.

Letter format is a formality used in the real world to represent a sense of professionalism. However, in the world of video games and video game forums, the format makes little sense. Forums are a place for informal discussions and banter. In addition to the informal nature of forums, all posts are attached with the information regarding the creator. So in conclusion, ending your post with your name/signature is still dumb.

I hope you still will enjoy your interaction on the forums and may you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Maekchu
Hitori Tenchi
R3D SHIFT
#10 - 2016-06-30 17:34:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Hitori Tenchi
Maekchu wrote:
Gunpoint Diplomacy
Somewhere in space
30/06/16

Dear Hitori Tenchi,

I write to you this letter, because of you latest remarks regarding letter format on forums.

Letter format is a formality used in the real world to represent a sense of professionalism. However, in the world of video games and video game forums, the format makes little sense. Forums are a place for informal discussions and banter. In addition to the informal nature of forums, all posts are attached with the information regarding the creator. So in conclusion, ending your post with your name/signature is still dumb.

I hope you still will enjoy your interaction on the forums and may you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Maekchu

I'm afraid you're mistaken. There are many letter format types. Ranging from professional to friendly. There many forums that are professional, and not just informal. I do get your point however, thanks for joining the fray. Your irony is not wasted.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#11 - 2016-06-30 17:40:23 UTC
I just missed a golden joke.

Instead of writting "Somewhere in space", I should have written "Next to you in a cloaky Proteus".

Damn :(
Roci Nantes
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2016-06-30 17:41:42 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Roci Nantes wrote:

Uhhhhh... that is kind of the entire point of the game.

Even as a newbie you have some power to do what you described (hint: social skills).

Is it? I think it is fair to say player vs player interaction is the point of the game but that doesn't have to be destructive. I can promise you there are large portions of the player base that don't actively want to 50 v 1 roflstomp everyone in a rookie ship.

I think some of the creative ways people choose to attack other players is amazing, in this game. Tracking, planning and the logistics to organize people into a group and strike a target, even in highsec, is impressive and they deserve those kills.

I can see some fun in not having the major trade hubs, but I think they can kill that with nothing more than taxes. Make it considerably less profitable to sell in a station and it will force most of the money mongers to find a new place.

If someone comes in and undercuts your market, well time to break out the war-machine and remove them.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#13 - 2016-06-30 17:47:31 UTC
NPC stations are not gonna go away, however outpost will eventually

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#14 - 2016-06-30 17:58:52 UTC
I support this product and or service.

I also support removing NPC stations post haste.

I'll just join up with whichever large wardeccing entity finally gets to claim sov in high sec once the dust clears o7

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-06-30 18:25:50 UTC
Hitori Tenchi wrote:

Perhaps you are just too young to know what a letter is, or maybe you just wanted to be snide, either way I hope you have learned something.

Lol Eve Online - Where being young is an insult.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#16 - 2016-06-30 18:46:12 UTC
Removing NPC stations... oh i can see the backlash

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2016-06-30 22:45:37 UTC
Removing NPC stations and stargates in favor of player-built deployables such as citadels, stargates, mining platforms, etc., is a dream CCP has. If they do that, I hope they also remove NPC security services such as CONCORD, gate/station guns, customs officers and navies. I mean, they want everything to be player-based, right? Twisted
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#18 - 2016-07-01 00:47:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
Dear Hitori,

There are a LOT of people who say a LOT of things then claim it's absolute GOSPEL fact. Asking CCP about what these people say isn't a real good idea. You should ask THEM why they say what they say.

Fred

PS "PS" doesn't get periods. It's just "PS".

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2016-07-01 02:04:39 UTC
While they may trim down the number of NPC stations a bit, they exist for newer players who don't have the means to put down their own citadels.

- Aiwha, Savior of the Spacemarshes, Grandmaster of Disaster, Lord of the Dance, MD, Ph.D, SVC, TRA, NPC, XYZ esq.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Knitram Relik
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-07-01 02:41:58 UTC
Threw major sticking point for this is where would the agents go?

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it's really hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

12Next page