These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Ancient corps, Celes,M0o,Atuk,Euphoria R,Outbreak,Bnc,Reikoku,Evol

Author
MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#1 - 2016-06-18 21:13:44 UTC  |  Edited by: MECHcore
Hello curious warriors !

There are more elite corps from the past that i could name, but the ones i mention are not that much or not around anymore ( correct me if im wrong )

All corporations in the title where at some point known to be the best, and every corp mentioned has atleast clashed with another one on the topic list.

Myself being an ex Celestial Apocalypse player ( been member for 4 years ), and wondering whats left of the players in those named corporations.

So my Q is after 12y+ of playing, are there still some vets around from the good old times that have been in one of those corporations ?
Or maybe other ones that i forgot ?

Other very good ones still exist like Veto i think and for sure Black Omega Security, but the days where corporations could make a difference and making the headlines looks to be over.

Nowadays im wandering through cold hard space doing not much, near to hibernation, wondering where all my buddies from the past are, even enemies !

So atleast give a shout out, the new gen must not forget us and what happened in the past !!

PS im sure i forgot some other well known old timer corps, so forgive me for that Blink
PMolkenthin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-06-18 21:20:54 UTC
Some of the corps in your title are still out there. Big smile
MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#3 - 2016-06-18 21:36:13 UTC
PMolkenthin wrote:
Some of the corps in your title are still out there. Big smile


Good to BDCI still around !! FRICK "Sharks With Fricking Lasers" and NSN " North Star Network" are known names also !
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#4 - 2016-06-18 22:27:01 UTC
Tank CEO logged in last year sometime iirc. So some of the old m0o guys are still around.


Some of us 13 year olds are still going strong though. I know of a few including myself. Now I just sit in station and talk about the good old days mostly though.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Primeryissecondary
BLOPSEC
#5 - 2016-06-20 01:54:06 UTC
Morts is still around. Formed in 2004:)

We are currently reforming but we are still out there.

/Prim
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#6 - 2016-06-20 06:56:01 UTC
We need retirement home station or channel, where all of those old players could dock up and talk about good ol' days.
Estios
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-06-27 14:14:15 UTC
I have literally (last night) just re-subscribed out of curiosity. I was in ATUK from 2004 until it closed and havent played EVE in about 8 years.

Strangely it doesnt look all that different? Mind you I cant remember what on earth Im doing.

Hi
Mysa
EVIL PLANKTON
#8 - 2016-06-27 17:05:49 UTC
Primeryissecondary wrote:
Morts is still around. Formed in 2004:)

We are currently reforming but we are still out there.

/Prim

'
You cant reform something that was in any state of a form or shape Shocked
MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#9 - 2016-08-27 15:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: MECHcore
Estios wrote:
I have literally (last night) just re-subscribed out of curiosity. I was in ATUK from 2004 until it closed and havent played EVE in about 8 years.

Strangely it doesnt look all that different? Mind you I cant remember what on earth Im doing.

Hi


Hello there oldtimer !

You might remember the year of 2006 fighting Celestial Apocalypse maybe, it was glorious, 2 archenemy pvp corps fighting slugfest style each time !

A 06 Celes vid from the past =

Celes vs ATUK
(Nearly lost my Eagle there )

You guys made one aswell before forming Destructive Influence, a damn awesome vid made by ATUK =

ATUK Who We Where !

Nothing but respect from an former archenemy :)


On a sidenote i have tons of old vintage eve pvp vids, i uploaded a bunch but there are many more i have stored, offcorse 99% is not made by me, i post them out of respect for EvE and the community, old EvE players/Corps/Alliances, if they have a problem with it they can always contact me ingame, and if their the legit owners, ill remove the certain vid from YT.
Taishoku Mayaki
Feeling Cute Today
#10 - 2016-08-27 16:23:03 UTC
Reikoku and Evol are still going, BNC are not in any meaningful way.

"Right-O, lets get undocked and see what falls off the ship"

Krxon Blade
Apogee Group
#11 - 2016-08-28 11:11:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Krxon Blade
Huffff, wffffffa?
Muffles, puts his moldy denture, coughs, puts denture back again, creaks with old bones.
Grabs handmade walker, enters porch
Old wets? Someone mentioned old vets? No? Yes?
Good, goooood!
Ahh good ol times ... coughs .. of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKk2ysyNrA
Walks around, yells at dirty Fedo.
Now everything is easy and shiny. Spits on the floor, pickups denture back in.
Did I tell you a story about ... scratches head ... about ... mumbles ...
... silence .. hmmm ...
Ha? What am I doing here?
Who are you?
What are you doing in my hangar?
Go away punk! Or I'll call Concord!
Threatens with his fist ... slowly walks back into his rusty badger...

My old EvE related Flash games and stuff

Solecist Project
#12 - 2016-08-28 11:26:38 UTC

I salute you guys ... o7
... and I rarely do that!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#13 - 2016-08-28 11:58:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Reinhardt Kreiss
Tbh. All this talk about how super cool earlier corporations were etc is all a bit nonsense. The difference was that back then we didn't have many players just yet so it was a) much more effective to be part of a larger group and b) much easier to stand out and make a name for yourself. On top of that, the game mechanics were hilariously naive meaning there were loopholes for the loopholes within the loopholes meaning you could pull some hilarious silliness.

They were good times though and I do long back to them but for different reasons.
flakeys
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-08-28 14:24:38 UTC
MECHcore wrote:


the new gen must not forget us and what happened in the past !!





As someone who also played around that time i have a hard time seeing why the new gen should even slightly care about what we did or did not do in the old days.We where just having fun playing a game as are they these days.The game might have changed over the years but thinking we where better in any regards then the new kids is being a bit narrowminded.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#15 - 2016-08-30 00:35:55 UTC  |  Edited by: MECHcore
flakeys wrote:
MECHcore wrote:


the new gen must not forget us and what happened in the past !!





As someone who also played around that time i have a hard time seeing why the new gen should even slightly care about what we did or did not do in the old days.We where just having fun playing a game as are they these days.The game might have changed over the years but thinking we where better in any regards then the new kids is being a bit narrowminded.


You are so wrong with your answer there, with all due respect, i saw someone with 20m SP destroying a 150m SP guy.

The SP someone has doesn't make him better, what matters is some experience, pvping, dedication, knowing your ship, and the situation overall in battle, and not panicking when your in a pvp situation.

Offcorse the higher SP guys can have a more expensive ship/setup and more iskies, does that make them a better pvper ? I say no :)

I consider myself as an average pvper that has seen hes best times, a relic from the past, and wherever i will go i wanna be a footsoldier, not been treated different from everyone else there.

Yes i have alot of SP, but there are peeps out there with less SP that are better pvpers then me, my glorious endavours from the past are done, but im gonna try soon once again to catch up with EvE as it is nowadays.

My policy, give respect and you shall receive it back.
New or old i do not care.

I also keep my former statement, this time as a meta, have you ever listened to your grandparents ? :)
MECHcore
Saiyans United
Death from Above..
#16 - 2016-08-30 01:32:28 UTC  |  Edited by: MECHcore
People of the New Eden realm, somehow the post got sideways.

So back to the topic i suggest, some other good old corporations right here !
Huff Technologies and, EvE Defense Force, Yakuza are oldies aswell :)
Someone remember Teddybears corp ( Zarquon Beeblebrox ) from 04 in Outer Ring / Syndicate ? ;o

Im curious if some people from all those corporations mentioned are still around.

Im all ears !
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#17 - 2016-08-30 06:24:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rodj Blake
All of those corps are noobs compared to PIE P

Thanks for the trip down memory lane though!

M3G4, MASS and Oracle are three other corps from those days that deserve a mention.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#18 - 2016-08-30 12:01:40 UTC
Nostalgia!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

pr013ct 0v3rk1ll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2016-08-30 12:23:49 UTC
I still remember to this day watching my first alliance tournament ever (2008 or so). Waiting for the Goons to show up, 5 seconds until they are DQ'd they all warp in with t1 battleships, fitted only with t1 gear. Lol
flakeys
Doomheim
#20 - 2016-08-30 13:12:17 UTC  |  Edited by: flakeys
MECHcore wrote:
flakeys wrote:
MECHcore wrote:


the new gen must not forget us and what happened in the past !!





As someone who also played around that time i have a hard time seeing why the new gen should even slightly care about what we did or did not do in the old days.We where just having fun playing a game as are they these days.The game might have changed over the years but thinking we where better in any regards then the new kids is being a bit narrowminded.


You are so wrong with your answer there, with all due respect, i saw someone with 20m SP destroying a 150m SP guy.

The SP someone has doesn't make him better, what matters is some experience, pvping, dedication, knowing your ship, and the situation overall in battle, and not panicking when your in a pvp situation.

Offcorse the higher SP guys can have a more expensive ship/setup and more iskies, does that make them a better pvper ? I say no :)

I consider myself as an average pvper that has seen hes best times, a relic from the past, and wherever i will go i wanna be a footsoldier, not been treated different from everyone else there.

Yes i have alot of SP, but there are peeps out there with less SP that are better pvpers then me, my glorious endavours from the past are done, but im gonna try soon once again to catch up with EvE as it is nowadays.

My policy, give respect and you shall receive it back.
New or old i do not care.

I also keep my former statement, this time as a meta, have you ever listened to your grandparents ? :)


Did you even read what i wrote?I'm expecting you didn't or you wanted to answer someone elses post because you're response has nothing to do with my statement.

You made it seem as if us oldies where special and the newbies should remember us for that , i was telling you that that is not the case and that like us back in the days they are creating their own adventures and stories.Where you get the 'SP discussion' from is beyond me though ... unless you're sniffing glue then sure i completely understand.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

12Next page