These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tribal Liberation Force on verge of historic victory

Author
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#61 - 2016-06-23 17:37:32 UTC
Ah, the Minmatar. The ones who started the war have finally 'finished' it. After every other Empire has had their satisfaction already, including their own hated enemies.

Your victory is hollow, just as it was for the Caldari, the Gallente, and ourselves. We will be back, stronger than ever, as your forces get fat and eventually leave you when the profits dry up.

But there will always be the Praetorians standing against savagery. We cannot be bought or sold.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2016-06-23 18:09:00 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
Ah, the Minmatar. The ones who started the war have finally 'finished' it. After every other Empire has had their satisfaction already, including their own hated enemies.

Your victory is hollow, just as it was for the Caldari, the Gallente, and ourselves. We will be back, stronger than ever, as your forces get fat and eventually leave you when the profits dry up.

But there will always be the Praetorians standing against savagery. We cannot be bought or sold.

Empress Tash-Murkon may choose to sell your services to the highest bidder : D

It's all about the ISK now noble warrior of the Empire.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#63 - 2016-06-23 18:27:02 UTC
Careful Aldieboo, Mittens might sue if you try to steal his patented "not winning fast enough" line. Besides, you can't have it both ways, either the victory means something (it doesn't) or you're fighting for nothing just as much as everyone else. Might want to pick one, or at least split them into different posts so the hypocrisy isn't quite so readily apparent.

Oh, and pretty sure Tash-Murkon would buy and sell you however she wanted if she knew you existed.
Kalo Askold
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2016-06-23 18:27:46 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

Aldrith those are some strong words for someone that rarely undocks and when you do its to bring a cruiser against some little trash frigate.

I give the counter point that you yourself are the fat one and are projecting yourself on others.
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#65 - 2016-06-23 18:44:48 UTC
I am fighting so that I will be sharp for the moments where it truly matters. Besides, there are still Imperial citizens in the warzone who suffer under occupation, and I do my best to help and protect them.

And I am fairly certain the presumptive Empress checked the names of the pilots that her champion might have faced in the Trials. She might not have had to know my name for long, but she certainly knows who I am, as does most of the Empire.

You, on the other hand, did not even get sent a letter of thanks and a polished chunk of rust for all your efforts in service of your Republic. Probably because you haven't much of a concept of loyalty, abandoning your post the more discouraged you get about the path of your people and your inability to change it towards your radical ideal of burning Amarr worlds and broken interstellar treaties.

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#66 - 2016-06-23 18:51:28 UTC
Kalo, you're an idiot and you couldn't fly an interceptor under a titan's guns, let alone take me in an even fight.

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#67 - 2016-06-23 19:23:00 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
We cannot be bought or sold.

What about my collection of Praetorian action figures ? I even have the special edition Rodj Blake with disapproving frown action.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#68 - 2016-06-23 19:32:42 UTC
Well, guess the wars over according to Aldrith, when will I get the joy of destroying your mining barge? Either way those who would leave have already joined your ranks. Enjoy your new "friends."
Jennifer Maxwell
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#69 - 2016-06-23 20:03:27 UTC
With this victory, some Minmatar captains may be tempted to make the travel to Black Rise and Placid in the search for more "honor" or "glory" in assisting their Gallente allies.

I would like to discourage this course of action. We Caldari, beyond your tenuous alliance with the Gallente Federation, have no reason to want to go to war with you.

You are on a mission to free your people? Well let me assure you; they aren't here. Slavery is as illegal in the State as it is in the Federation and the Republic. Not even our tentative allies can keep slaves with them when entering State borders.

As such, since there are no slaves here to free, any intrusion into State space will be assumed to be done with hostile intent, and will be acted upon accordingly.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#70 - 2016-06-23 23:02:32 UTC
I'd take more stock in that warning if I didn't regularly face and kill Caldari forces in our warzone, when I was active there. "Do as I say, not as I do" doesn't really work if you aren't arguing from a very particular position of authority.

Not that I disagree with the general sentiment. I have no quarrel with the Caldari. I'm just amused by the hypocrisy.
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#71 - 2016-06-23 23:26:59 UTC
There is no such thing as hypocrisy in the militias; to be a hypocrite you require a unified voice. Instead you have a massive case of split personality, with the number of personalities being equal to the number of pilots in the militia.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2016-06-24 01:24:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
There is no such thing as hypocrisy in the militias; to be a hypocrite you require a unified voice. Instead you have a massive case of split personality, with the number of personalities being equal to the number of pilots in the militia.

We are all acting as independent agents and do not really receive our orders from the brass anyway. Our personal values and ideals factor into our decisions more than the values of the state we supposedly work for.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kalo Askold
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2016-06-24 09:11:04 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
Kalo, you're an idiot and you couldn't fly an interceptor under a titan's guns, let alone take me in an even fight.

The only even fight you think of is bringing a T3 dessie vs a frigate or when your group loses to bring a capital vs frigates. Quit embarrasing yourself.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#74 - 2016-06-24 14:01:16 UTC
Kalo Askold wrote:
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

The only even fight you think of is bringing a T3 dessie vs a frigate or when your group loses to bring a capital vs frigates. Quit embarrasing yourself.

So a commander decides to fly a superior doctrine against an inferior one, ensuring the field is held and casualties among his own forces are low.

I say impeach the incompetant idiot!

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#75 - 2016-06-24 14:23:07 UTC
I'm not disagreeing with you but isn't dropping a capital on a bunch of frigates a bit much? More so along the lines of third parties coming in for a free carrier kill than anything else. Seems like an unnecessary risk.
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#76 - 2016-06-24 15:26:33 UTC
Kalo Askold wrote:
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:

The stars burn, the universe turns, and Kalo is a terrible loser and a worse winner.

Just some of those eternal constants.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2016-06-24 16:49:05 UTC
Jennifer Maxwell wrote:
With this victory, some Minmatar captains may be tempted to make the travel to Black Rise and Placid in the search for more "honor" or "glory" in assisting their Gallente allies.

I would like to discourage this course of action. We Caldari, beyond your tenuous alliance with the Gallente Federation, have no reason to want to go to war with you.

Diana Kim.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2016-06-24 17:08:41 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you but isn't dropping a capital on a bunch of frigates a bit much?

That's a weird question to me. Where I'm from, we drop a bunch of frigates on a capital and ask if that's a bit much.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#79 - 2016-06-24 17:17:45 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you but isn't dropping a capital on a bunch of frigates a bit much? More so along the lines of third parties coming in for a free carrier kill than anything else. Seems like an unnecessary risk.

It's not when there's twenty of them camping your station being loud and annoying.

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#80 - 2016-06-24 17:47:00 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
We cannot be bought or sold.

What about my collection of Praetorian action figures ? I even have the special edition Rodj Blake with disapproving frown action.

You mean the frown that I'm making right now?

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori