These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CCP Whatever Happened to Ring Mining?

First post
Author
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#21 - 2016-06-14 19:30:26 UTC
It was basically that you would mine planetary rings and as way to get moon goo. i think it was building on the old concept from exodus of ;system wide asteroid belts' as for comet mining my idea is below

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2016-06-16 21:46:46 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Ring mining would be, umm, interesting, wrt moon goo. Because most don't produce that much isk per month (most).

However, _something_ will be happening with moon mining in the mid term future.

As for on grid boosting, it's going to be talked about. I have a discussion topic up about it.

Thanks Steve !

I hope that the only change is not just the citadel things in the fall/winter....though I am looking forward to that. I had always hoped that the concept of ring/comet mining would remove the passive nature of goo and allow CCP to seed other types of goo throughout null and make it interactive vs passive. With new citadels offering up new taxation options for alliances and corps, I can only hope they move in this direction.

Cheers.

~Regan~
Hawke Frost
#23 - 2016-06-17 00:19:59 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
As for on grid boosting, it's going to be talked about. I have a discussion topic up about it.

If they're still in the "durrr I like turtles" phase on that subject, please tell us so we know what not to play this summer.
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2016-06-17 10:15:02 UTC
Didn't read entire thread, but there are going to be drilling platforms. So there's that.

Also, is there a meaning to a "ring mining" besides it being a buzzword for "mining that will suck not"? Was there some sort of meaningful prototype at least?
Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#25 - 2016-06-17 10:51:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Honk
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#26 - 2016-06-17 13:54:04 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Ring mining would be, umm, interesting, wrt moon goo. Because most don't produce that much isk per month (most).

However, _something_ will be happening with moon mining in the mid term future.

Something about Industrial Arrays iirc. 'Bout time, too.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#27 - 2016-06-17 14:28:05 UTC
I heard the idea a while ago about comet mining, the idea would be there's a trail of gas behind the comet to be mined, an outer layer of ice, an inner layer of minerals, then moon goo at the core. It travels at 1000 m/s, so it needs to be webbed to slow it down, and damages ships that get too close. Needs to be scanned down to find
MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
Warclone Initiative
#28 - 2016-06-17 21:08:11 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
ube smoked wrote:
hahahahahahahahahaha

CCP keeping a promise?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!

It was promised? Link?

Yeah, that was not promised more like ccp Greyscale dreaming out loud. Had this crazy idea of cities in space too. Structures you could link to each other building your own customized space city that would be able to move too!Shocked

Ring mining sounded more feasible and a good option to replace what's mining now.

Ring mining was actually proposed as a solution to Moon Goo being a "money printer". I think that with the reduction to the necessity of the goo that has subsequently reduced it's value, ring mining is probably on the back burner since the situation has been mostly resolved.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Previous page12