These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NO DROP FOR GANKERS?????

First post
Author
Vabrava
Omni Paradox Securities
LootGoblins
#101 - 2016-06-10 03:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vabrava
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Drago Shouna wrote:
Good, you deserve **** all, move to low/null and fight like men.

Unless that's where are, if so ignore the above.

You must be a carebear full of hate!
We all do pvp, probably much better than you do, gank for us in the way we make some isk!
And we are spread in eve, low, hs and null pvping, hs is the place we use to make isk, not ony ratting or
PI as you probably do.
Pathetic!

Your idea of pvp is only to shoot at targets that can't shoot back and if they can, only with overwhelming force. High sec gankers are cowards.
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#102 - 2016-06-10 06:35:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Vabrava wrote:
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Drago Shouna wrote:
Good, you deserve **** all, move to low/null and fight like men.

Unless that's where are, if so ignore the above.

You must be a carebear full of hate!
We all do pvp, probably much better than you do, gank for us in the way we make some isk!
And we are spread in eve, low, hs and null pvping, hs is the place we use to make isk, not ony ratting or
PI as you probably do.
Pathetic!

Your idea of pvp is only to shoot at targets that can't shoot back and if they can, only with overwhelming force. High sec gankers are cowards.

It's a game. There is nothing real going on.

So settle down carebear. No one is really getting hurt no matter whether highsec, lowsec or null. Being a 'coward' makes no sense. Everyone is just sitting at a computer no more or less coward than anyone else, because it's all just fictional.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2016-06-10 08:29:24 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
It's a game. There is nothing real going on.

So settle down carebear. No one is really getting hurt no matter whether highsec, lowsec or null. Being a 'coward' makes no sense. Everyone is just sitting at a computer no more or less coward than anyone else, because it's all just fictional.

No, it's not. Every peace of ore has a real value as someone spent his RL time to suck it form an astroid. And spent his time on honing the skills required to do so while you focused on fighting. So if you hunt freighters for money you are stealing like in RL.

Please note that I don't include fighting or ganking in low or Null. If you take the risk it's your own choice to risk you goods and ships. It's really telling, that these activities are not in low or Null where everyone who wants to can shoot the offenders at leisure.
I'm no carebear but shooting freighters for profit is IMHO cowardice^10. You know that your target can't shoot back and you don't need to risk anything. The ships for ganking pose no real loss. So in the end you are stealing without risk and are calling everyone who labels you robber a carebear. THEY have the balls to risk a 1,5B Isk freighter + cargo with no guns while you risk 20M ISK and whine that life is hard?

Ganking is part of EVE but stop glorifying or making lame excuses that nobody gets hurt! Every single ISK has a RL value payed in RL money or RL time.
clamslayer
Doomheim
#104 - 2016-06-10 08:29:58 UTC
Years ago I made billions smart bombing afk ships on gates in Jita before the autopilot mechanic was changed to allow docking to station at the end of a route. I am positive that ccp made a change to what dropped in Jita when a ship was destroyed. Forcing me to move on to trading with the billions I earned smart bombing afkers
Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#105 - 2016-06-10 10:33:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Geronimo McVain wrote:
No, it's not. Every peace of ore has a real value as someone spent his RL time to suck it form an astroid. And spent his time on honing the skills required to do so...

EULA 10b. (we all agreed to this):

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game.

It's just a game and if you truly think you are building value (aside from adding value to the product for CCP) through a "time is money" argument, then it's really time to step away from the computer. If you want to build value for yourself, go do it IRL. The real cowardice is escaping through a video game and substituting entertainment as success. It's all just fiction and means absolutely nothing from a value perspective outside entertainment value.

Calling people cowards for playing a video game while also playing that same game is the typical rubbish that we've come to expect from carebears. Your mining has no more or less value than a gankers ganking. It's all just for fun (and hopefully not put above RL priorities for success).

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2016-06-10 13:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:
No, it's not. Every peace of ore has a real value as someone spent his RL time to suck it form an astroid. And spent his time on honing the skills required to do so...

You have no interest in the value of your time spent playing the Game, for example, by the building up of the experience level of your character and the items your character accumulates during your time playing the Game.
N
It's just a game and if you truly think you are building value (aside from adding value to the product for CCP) through a"time is money" argument, then it's really time to step away from the computer. If you want to build value for yourself, go do it IRL. The real cowardice is escaping through a video game and substituting entertainment as success. It's all just fiction and means absolutely nothing from a value perspective outside entertainment value.

Calling people cowards for playing a video game while also playing that same game is the typical rubbish that we've come to expect from carebears. Your mining has no more or less value than a gankers ganking. It's all just for fun (and hopefully not put above RL priorities for success).
Well, how do you call people which risk nothing and prey only on the weak, stupid and helpless? And if the ISK in Eve don't have any real value why is this thread here? If they have no value why do you need loot ingame? You are telling me it has no value so CCP could stop dropping any loot from ganks in high and you wouldn't care?
Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#107 - 2016-06-10 15:28:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:

N
It's just a game and if you truly think you are building value (aside from adding value to the product for CCP) through a"time is money" argument, then it's really time to step away from the computer. If you want to build value for yourself, go do it IRL. The real cowardice is escaping through a video game and substituting entertainment as success. It's all just fiction and means absolutely nothing from a value perspective outside entertainment value.

Well, how do you call people which risk nothing and prey only on the weak, stupid and helpless? And if the ISK in Eve don't have any real value why is this thread here? If they have no value why do you need loot ingame? You are telling me it has no value so CCP could stop dropping any loot from ganks in high and you wouldn't care?

No, I'm saying calling anyone a coward because of how they play a game in which items have no value (as we all agreed) is just stupid.

So what do I call people who risk nothing?well if they are playing, then they are just Eve players. No one is risking anything in this game. It isn't real.

Nothing that gets blown up causes any loss to anyone. It's all just fiction. Make believe. Escapism. No animals actually get hurt, not even the Carebears.

No one is any better or any worse in this game because they choose to play one way or another.

Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2016-06-10 18:05:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
No, I'm saying calling anyone a coward because of how they play a game in which items have no value (as we all agreed) is just stupid.

So what do I call people who risk nothing?well if they are playing, then they are just Eve players. No one is risking anything in this game. It isn't real.

Nothing that gets blown up causes any loss to anyone. It's all just fiction. Make believe. Escapism. No animals actually get hurt, not even the Carebears.

No one is any better or any worse in this game because they choose to play one way or another.

So if nobody looses something nobody wins anything so there is no need for loot. So if you don't want to gain anything, why is this thread here and why are you not ganking randomly in Jita? Why are you scanning the ships if you don't want to gain anything? YOU want to earn ISK by blowing up ships! Or else you would just blow up ships in low or Null for fun or sov.
This thread is here BECAUSE someone thought he didn't get enough ISK by robbing other players. The gankers, maybe except of Code, want to make ISK and other will loose ISK. One side is whining because they loose ISK and the other don't get enough. The estimation of an ideal value of ISK is the same on both sides.
And if you are ganking just for the thrill, why not fight in Null or low where People want to fight and give you a thrilling fight no matter if you win or loose.

You call other people carebear which implies that they can't fight or are afraid to do so. But if someone calls your Profession Cowards it's unfair?
Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#109 - 2016-06-10 18:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:

So if nobody looses something nobody wins anything so there is no need for loot. So if you don't want to gain anything, why is this thread here and why are you not ganking randomly in Jita? Why are you scanning the ships if you don't want to gain anything? YOU want to earn ISK by blowing up ships! Or else you would just blow up ships in low or Null for fun or sov.
This thread is here BECAUSE someone thought he didn't get enough ISK by robbing other players. The gankers, maybe except of Code, want to make ISK and other will loose ISK. One side is whining because they loose ISK and the other don't get enough. The estimation of an ideal value of ISK is the same on both sides.
And if you are ganking just for the thrill, why not fight in Null or low where People want to fight and give you a thrilling fight no matter if you win or loose.

You call other people carebear which implies that they can't fight or are afraid to do so. But if someone calls your Profession Cowards it's unfair?

This i think is going over your head perhaps.

What our characters do in game and how they are able to do it defines the extent of the fiction. Within that, they need ISK.

They are not the same thing as us, the players. We, the players, derive nothing of value outside our own entertainment. Ships, ISK, assets acquired in game (all of which belong to CCP) derive no value for us, only for our fictional, futuristic space people.

If you think anything in this game equates to "robbing other players" then you perhaps need to get a bit more perspective on what is real and what isn't.

Nothing we do as players is real. No one player's choice is any better or worse in how they play their characters. As long as those choices are within the rules, all choices are equal, whether that's blowing stuff up or building stuff, etc. It's all just part of the game.

Hence, the calling of people cowards is more a reflection that you maybe can't separate real from fiction enough.

As to my profession, what is it?

Sinjin Mokk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#110 - 2016-06-10 23:20:56 UTC
So...

People who exploit a game mechanic to "steal" loot are crying that a game mechanic might be "stealing" their loot?

My sides...

"Angels live, they never die, Apart from us, behind the sky. They're fading souls who've turned to ice, So ashen white in paradise."

Sitting Bull Lakota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#111 - 2016-06-11 00:37:57 UTC
Even if the loot fairy had it in for us ("us" used loosely, I enable more than I directly participateBear), it should make little difference.

Content creation for the sake of creating content.
Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2016-06-11 06:12:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:

What our characters do in game and how they are able to do it defines the extent of the fiction. Within that, they need ISK.

They are not the same thing as us, the players. We, the players, derive nothing of value outside our own entertainment. Ships, ISK, assets acquired in game (all of which belong to CCP) derive no value for us, only for our fictional, futuristic space people.

If you think anything in this game equates to "robbing other players" then you perhaps need to get a bit more perspective on what is real and what isn't.

You are mixing real value with idealistic value. Real value is zero: right. Idealistic value is not. Why do 250B fights get headlines but T1 frig kills doesn't? Does a Titan have more idealistic value then a slasher? Sure!
You are playing this game because you have an emotional tie with it. And with your char, his development and his ISK. You would write a ticket if you loose everything because of a bug, why: its only fictional.
You are blowing up ships to get ISK so you put a value on the ISK or else you wouldn't spend your gametime on it. But you deny that these ISK have the same value for the people that loose it. They loose the spend gametime and the revenues from it that they want to spend on developing their toon. So these ISK have an idealistic value for them.

My wedding ring is made out of stainless steel: RL value less then 5cent. Idealistic value is much higher. And that's exactly the point with real and idealistic value of ISK.
Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#113 - 2016-06-11 12:39:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:

You are mixing real value with idealistic value. Real value is zero: right. Idealistic value is not. Why do 250B fights get headlines but T1 frig kills doesn't? Does a Titan have more idealistic value then a slasher? Sure!
You are playing this game because you have an emotional tie with it. And with your char, his development and his ISK. You would write a ticket if you loose everything because of a bug, why: its only fictional.
You are blowing up ships to get ISK so you put a value on the ISK or else you wouldn't spend your gametime on it. But you deny that these ISK have the same value for the people that loose it. They loose the spend gametime and the revenues from it that they want to spend on developing their toon. So these ISK have an idealistic value for them.

My wedding ring is made out of stainless steel: RL value less then 5cent. Idealistic value is much higher. And that's exactly the point with real and idealistic value of ISK.

Yeah. People get way too attached to database entries on a server in the UK and to the textures that they are represented through on their screen.

No, I wouldn't submit a ticket if I lost everything. I could care less. Everything can be acquired again as it all just spawns at appropriate times. You seem way too attached to the fiction, thinking you are somehow achieving something of value. Outside your entertainment, you aren't.

As to me, I don't gank. Not my play style in the slightest. I'm not going to go judge people who do though, based on some belief that I'm somehow attached to in game assets. They mean nothing.

The choice of other players to play how they want is perfectly valid, just as I expect my choice in how to play is valid. I can hardly think my playstyle is somehow holier than thou. As long as everyone is playing within the rules, then the playstyle of gankers is just as valid as that of miners. Neither is a coward for choosing to play how they do.

People who choose not to shoot in highsec certainly aren't "weak, stupid and helpless" that you claimed earlier. What they do is no less valid either and perfectly valid for them to choose.

That interaction happens is at the heart of this game and players aren't just because they interact one way, any more than they are another way.

All the rest of your views I have no issue with, just the going and calling other players cowards because you are overly attached to the items that form your entertainment. That's an issue with your perspective, not the gankers.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#114 - 2016-06-11 12:50:50 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
I could care less.

So you do care? Question

Enquiring minds want to know! Idea

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#115 - 2016-06-11 13:32:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Bumblefck wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
I could care less.

So you do care? Question

English sux, what can I say. We have the weirdest sayings that mean the opposite of their literal meaning.

The sooner Esperanto takes over, the better.....

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#116 - 2016-06-11 13:36:18 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
I could care less.

So you do care? Question

English sux, what can I say. We have the weirdest sayings that mean the opposite of their literal meaning.

I agree with the Esperanto thing (I'm an English Language teacher, Lord help me if I don't know about English's foibles!) - but I was gently poking fun at your interesting usage of the phrase "I couldn't care less" Big smileBlink

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#117 - 2016-06-11 13:50:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
Bumblefck wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
I could care less.

So you do care? Question

I agree with the Esperanto thing (I'm an English Language teacher, Lord help me if I don't know about English's foibles!) - but I was gently poking fun at your interesting usage of the phrase "I couldn't care less" Big smileBlink

Yes, I understood the gentle jibe. All good. Where I come from we say it with could, but it means the same.

There's probably an implied 'Like' in there, as in "Like, I could care less", but rarely used.

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2016-06-11 23:19:53 UTC
Please train Fairy Connections and Scrapmetal Harvesting to level V.