These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Stupid Survey

Author
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-06-08 18:42:11 UTC
Who else got this today?

It got me a bollocking, a proper one.

You see, I thought it would be a quick 5/10 min job.............

In the end we were going out, I gazzumped the wife and was sat ready before she even started..result, oh ok I'll do this.....

pffft, half an hour later the wife was ready at the door and this thing went on, and on, and on, and on....every ******* time I answered a question 4 more appeared. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had to just turn the comp off and leave, and no, I never finished it.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2016-06-08 18:46:37 UTC
Survey:

Do you care about the OP and his time management?

Yes

No

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#3 - 2016-06-08 21:15:19 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Survey:

Yes

No

How much do you care about the OP and his time management?

I care a great deal O O O O O O O O Lol O I don't care at all.

KB

Dum Spiro Spero

Pix Severus
Empty You
#4 - 2016-06-08 23:15:47 UTC
All I'll say about the survey is that I hope CCP will consider using a different survey provider in future, as this one disables right-click through scripting.

Never trust a site that disables right-click.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#5 - 2016-06-08 23:46:10 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Survey:

Yes

No
No opinion.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2016-06-09 03:23:32 UTC
Do you agree with surveys? (please choose one)

[ ] I am okay with surveys

[ ] I refuse to participate in surveys
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#7 - 2016-06-09 08:25:00 UTC
i dropped off after being asked the same question in a different way 5 times

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Neadayan Drakhon
Heuristic Industrial And Development
AddictClan
#8 - 2016-06-09 08:35:57 UTC
What survey?

Apparently I have not been pinged with it.
Neadayan Drakhon
Heuristic Industrial And Development
AddictClan
#9 - 2016-06-09 08:37:40 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
Never trust a site that disables right-click.

While I don't disgree with that principle - there are browser addons that restore right click functionality on such sites.
Xtreem
Knockaround Guys Inc.
#10 - 2016-06-09 09:21:04 UTC
lol I done the same, started it but the questions were never ending so just quit out of it.

It should say at the start the survey is around 19 hours long.
Erebus Vain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-06-09 09:40:05 UTC
Well for me, i noticed the email for a survey and thought i'd have a go. I literally clicked for the first question of "what platform are you completing this survey on", and then it loaded a "Thank you for taking the survey" screen Lol.

I hope my valuable inputted information is put to a worthy cause P
Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#12 - 2016-06-09 09:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Honk
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#13 - 2016-06-09 10:08:19 UTC
Aaron Honk wrote:
What survey are you talking about ?

Its the survey for the VIP subscribers. It only took me 5 hours to complete it. And a few Geckos and skins in my redeemed items, wonder if its related..

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Nihilaus Vause
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#14 - 2016-06-09 10:59:36 UTC
The last series of questions the survey asks when they say they want to ask a little about yourself...

They basically seem to be checking where the person taking the survey scores on an autism scale.

It feels really odd that CCP would ask these sorts of questions in a survey without making the person aware what they were answering.

I'm not saying they've done anything wrong as I don't know why they've asked these questions or what use they're going to put it to, however it just feels a little off.

All the questions before that were the typical ones like "what words do you associate with x", "rank these things you marked in importance" etc etc.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#15 - 2016-06-09 11:50:29 UTC
Aaron Honk wrote:
What survey are you talking about ?

Somewhere, sometime, someday and I totally forgot if it ever happened, I too apparently said 'no' to "do you like to receive emailings and surveys from time to time from CCP".
Never ever in my 6-7 years did I got one, except of course the 'your time runs out' mails.

Woulda coulda shoulda love to know where dat buttan is so I can 'opt-in'.
At least for a while. Blink
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#16 - 2016-06-09 12:09:49 UTC
What survey? I got no invitation.
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#17 - 2016-06-09 14:52:33 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:
Who else got this today?

It got me a bollocking, a proper one.

You see, I thought it would be a quick 5/10 min job.............

In the end we were going out, I gazzumped the wife and was sat ready before she even started..result, oh ok I'll do this.....

pffft, half an hour later the wife was ready at the door and this thing went on, and on, and on, and on....every ******* time I answered a question 4 more appeared. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had to just turn the comp off and leave, and no, I never finished it.
Sure sounds like you were doing a lot more than a survey. Maybe you should videotape your day to be sure you know what you've actually done.

By the way, it's "stoopid". Stoooopid Survey. Mmkay?

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Drammie Askold
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2016-06-10 16:37:50 UTC
I got the survey, it said it would take between 15 and 20 minutes, so those who thought it would take 5 to 10 minutes should READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. I filled it in, no problems.

We play a game where most people who try it run away screaming (according to CCP), of course many of us are on the autistic spectrum and I'm one of them. CCP want statistical data for analysis, they don't care about your deep, dark secrets.

(If anyone wants to tell me their deep, dark secrets I promise to keep them strictly confidential . . . . . providing I am given sufficient ISK :))

As the blessed St. Reptilicus said "Some days you can't get a drink on the cuff anyplace."

Bishop Bob
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2016-06-11 08:33:46 UTC
I gave up when it asked if I would recommend games to my friends that I had said I had heard of, but not played. Err, wtf!
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#20 - 2016-06-11 08:50:42 UTC
Bishop Bob wrote:
I gave up when it asked if I would recommend games to my friends that I had said I had heard of, but not played. Err, wtf!

Yeah that bit got me..Just because I had heard of them doesn't mean I have played them, so why keep asking about them?

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

12Next page