These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NO DROP FOR GANKERS?????

First post
Author
Shayla Etherodyne
Delta Laroth Industries
#81 - 2016-06-03 08:59:33 UTC
Let's look the "potential" killmail from my alt:
Occator About 200 millions
Rigs, less than 2 millions
11 fitted modules, about 15 millions.
Cargo of organic mortars applications: about 250 millions

A grand total of about 467 millions.

About 50% chance of getting 258 millions, 50% of getting 8 millions.

Average of several ganks of ships with the same set up: 133 millions.

It is a granted thing that if you have a 50% chance of getting every single stack and you factor in the ship and rigs in the value of the killmail, you will never get 50% of the killmail value if you average several kills.
NotTheSmartestCookie
Shooting Blues Everyday
Gimme Da Loot
#82 - 2016-06-03 10:32:30 UTC
I can't decide. On one hand an ill-thought-out, nebbisch idea, on the other hand the use of all caps and five question marks make a convincing case.

Making New Eden a better place 8 rounds of Void at a time.

Funny, smartest, pretty and relevant. Pick 3.

Proud shareholder in Halaima MinerBumping

ube smoked
State War Academy
Caldari State
#83 - 2016-06-03 10:37:54 UTC
The wreck will go blue for all to loot. Simply have your alt close by to scoop it up. Simple.
Tristan Agion
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2016-06-03 11:05:08 UTC
Henry Plantgenet wrote:
All the rookie ships you're losing by ganking stations (drawing concord away from gates) drop everything (THE TRIT!!) are balancing your no drop freighters.
So if you stop sacrificing rookie ships you might have more success getting better drops from freighter ganks.

Thanks, man! You just answered a "WTF is this all about" newbie question for me. Where my toon is currently parked for dailies I often find a lot of dead rookie ships on undock, and it was freaking me out. Now I understand what is going on there...
Narrisse Chelien
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2016-06-03 11:15:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Narrisse Chelien
the fact you make any profit at all while suicide ganking - destroying someone in a throwaway ship - should be enough.

i have no problem with ganking, but the very nature of suicide ganking should not inherently be very profitable or very consistent and should not be more profitable than some other means of gaining isk in the game
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#86 - 2016-06-03 11:31:27 UTC
The very nature of suicide when ganking is not really aplicable to this game.
Its not suicide, its minor inconvenience here.

Maybe because of that when you want someone to really remove himself from EVE, you would have to make him not play like in "I am out of this game and this community".

I have heard few stories of players bullying others to the point they dropped subscription because they could not take it longer.
Yochi Miyatsuda
Doomheim
#87 - 2016-06-03 11:51:22 UTC
Ha!

An "Eve is hard" thread from the very people who pride themselves on educating others that "Eve is hard!"

:p
Pippan
MongStars
#88 - 2016-06-03 12:26:13 UTC
I had a venture kill yesterday where none of the mods or drones dropped. Checkmate atheists!
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#89 - 2016-06-03 13:02:51 UTC
sero Hita wrote:
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Though this seems like a product of gambling psychology, this thread does reveal how willing people are to accept obviously skewed/unfair drop mechanics -just so long as it only affects those mean ol' gankers.

Anyone else starts a thread like this: "Hmm, that's interesting, we should look into this."

Ganker starts this thread: "Good! You're a bad person and don't deserve anything. I hope your children never learn to read!"

Your premise is wrong. What people are saying is that there no "obviously skewed/unfair drop mechanics". And if there is, prove it. But OP or anyone else has not been able to do this. That you guys cannot understand that 50% of the stacks drop, but that the stacks does not have the same value, is not our problem and it is not unfair.

Another fault in your reasoning is that you think this only applies to gankers. This applies to every PVP'er, but every PVP'er is not whining..... only you and OP....

The third wrong statement you make "Anyone else starts a thread like this: "Hmm, that's interesting, we should look into this."". Literally go to GD and look at every whinebear thread and see how they are trolled to oblivion.

So the reason you guys get heat, is because your arguments are bad not because you are suicide gankers. Many of us are also gankers in one form or another (Bloppers and gatecampers). And any day of the week I would point out bad arguments, where I see them regardless of what you do in EVE. So you are not getting special treatment, you just think you are.

I guess you missed the first sentence of the post you replied to? Ya know, the one where I stated that I agree that this is all mumbo-jumbo?

Reading Comprehension IV

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#90 - 2016-06-03 19:47:17 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
Galaxy Pig wrote:

I guess you missed the first sentence of the post you replied to? Ya know, the one where I stated that I agree that this is all mumbo-jumbo?

Reading Comprehension IV

My apologies then, I sometimes shoot too fast. But to be fair
Galaxy Pig wrote:
Though this seems like a product of gambling psychology, this thread does reveal how willing people are to accept obviously skewed/unfair drop mechanics -just so long as it only affects those mean ol' gankers.

could be more clear.... I think you agree, that it is easy to read this as you think the drop the drop mechanics are skewed/unfair, due to the word obviously (like it is clear for everyone how skewed it is). I don't think "Though this seems like a product of gambling psychology" either does much to tell that you think it is mumbo jumbo tbh. In fact point out to me, where in that sentence you clearly write you don't think that the drop mechanics are skewed.

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#91 - 2016-06-03 20:49:29 UTC
I'm not getting into a meta-argument with you, brother. It's plain English.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Felix Judge
Regnum Ludorum
#92 - 2016-06-07 09:08:55 UTC
Make an extensive data analysis of all [maybe only of highsec] ship kills and see if it is 50% or not. Scrape zkillboard. Ask Gevlon Goblin. Or whatever. And still keep in mind: it could very well be something else than 50% for a month or two and still not prove that anything has changed.

Actually, it never would prove anything. But only after two months of continual deviation in the same direction would I start to consider that something has changed.
ImmortalWarHero 514NERC0
NECROM0NGERS
CONVERT OR DIE
#93 - 2016-06-07 23:45:26 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

lol and i thought the nerf bat was bad
Capn'JT Kirk
Starship Enterprise.
#94 - 2016-06-08 08:56:49 UTC
How does the algorithm identify "gankers". Does it include all gankers in all secs 24/7?

Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#95 - 2016-06-08 09:21:52 UTC
Capn'JT Kirk wrote:
How does the algorithm identify "gankers". Does it include all gankers in all secs 24/7?

So who's ever alt you are, your 3rd forum post is in this thread?

A Character named after one if ScFi's most famous pvp characters of all time. A semi-rogue leader willing at any moment to make a decision himself; and yet you portray the very epitome of CareBear.

Who ever you are on the other side of the keyboard, naming yourself after a SiFi warrior, doesn't make you strong and it doesn't give your life meaning.

It's only CareBears in this game that get upset with being ganked, becuase somehow through their characters, they think they are achieving something and being killed hurts that fantasy.

Put Eve away mate. Go achieve something IRL. Eve isn't a replacement for RL success.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#96 - 2016-06-08 10:26:33 UTC
I was planning on putting in my own two isk but I think I just overdosed on sodium just in this thread.

I think I need to get a drink of water and lie down.
Walton Simons
Perfusus Sanguine
Pandemic Horde
#97 - 2016-06-08 22:10:28 UTC
Hope they did change the drop chances so you get jack ****
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#98 - 2016-06-09 03:14:40 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

PRNG is not something application developers ever have to program. Most major languages have libraries for it. I know C++ does as I've used it. I'm sure Python has at least one.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2016-06-09 05:16:39 UTC
Primary This Rifter wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
Rng is r.

PRNG is not something application developers ever have to program. Most major languages have libraries for it. I know C++ does as I've used it. I'm sure Python has at least one.

RNG only produces some number. You would make some code to use it anyway....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Capn'JT Kirk
Starship Enterprise.
#100 - 2016-06-09 07:23:19 UTC
Ok I get it now.... I did some research and found quite a bit of threads in all caps about drops at something called the WoW forums.

With that said, I am sorry you have not gotten the "drops". From what I read you might want to try a different guild and shard.

Live Long and Prosper

/ Kirk