These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Citadels] Carriers

First post
Author
Miss 'Assassination' Cayman
CK-0FF
The Unthinkables
#901 - 2016-06-03 09:31:36 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
i don't think its the rad that needs to be changed i would be fine with lowering the expl vel down to 100-80m/s however.

the main gun does not need to be changed as that is only meant to apply to large targets

This whole debate is based on the fittings of 1 maybe 2 carriers out of the 4 available. Those that have free mids to fit drone upgrades..

All that really needs to happen is for there to be a delay between MWD ability and missile ability activation.

Light fighter missile ability has a 10K range - Have a 5 second delay between activating abilities, it solves this whole debate and doesn't penalize one carrier more than another.
Unless your sitting still and the fighters manage to land at zero on you, 5 seconds is enough time for smaller ships to burn out of range.
They may get hit by the normal attack (which is fine) but the missile attack is unlikely to hit them, unless the carrier has web support (Loki or Hugin) that is on the ball.
Larger slower ships will get hit but should also be able to tank enough not to get alpha'd..




true but i think the issue is with the nid/than i think the original 2.5 damage per level was far better and they went overboard when people freaked out about it being two low b4 fighter dps had even been set.

it is these two carriers being used to blap small ships as the chimera and archon are no where near able even with two omnis

I think they need that strong of a bonus to be usable in a fleet setting. The problem is that due to other design decisions carriers aren't fleet ships anyway, thus the Thanatos and Nidhoggur are the obvious choices.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#902 - 2016-06-03 10:02:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
true but that damage bonus puts them well over what they need (particularly nid) and they already have a strong place in med sized fleets the only thing they can't do is hold up against other capitals but no carrier can do that.(chimera can pretend to for a bit)

i mean a 4% bonus would put it at right about the level of a free DDAII rather than a free officer DDA

three things happened when they did the change to nerf the amarr/caldari and buff the gal

1 Archon became a joke
2 nid/than became gank gods ( and i don't even mean just the attack fighters)
3 chimera became reasonable and no longer a tank god


what i'm worried about is that damage bonus being used as effectively as it is against poor pilots in sub caps. generating large amounts of outcry causing all carriers to be nerffed into total uselessness.


as for there role as fleet ships we are sort of figuring that out...

the carry the third gun for our dreads to refit. They are the best things to use against enemy super carriers.... assuming you can't field your own. The last thing we have found is they are slightly better at killing very small ships than dreads are if your numbers are to low to field enough sub caps to do that.

yeah basically they are kind of a "well we have nothing better" thing :/

the two biggest things keeping carriers from having a strong role is

HAW
and
supers being more effective with light and support fighters

EDIT: this post is a mess but it's 4am i may fix it latter if it's confusing and i can be bothered
Milostiev
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#903 - 2016-06-05 07:21:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Milostiev
Sgt Ocker wrote:

This whole debate is based on the fittings of 1 maybe 2 carriers out of the 4 available. Those that have free mids to fit drone upgrades..

All that really needs to happen is for there to be a delay between MWD ability and missile ability activation.

Light fighter missile ability has a 10K range - Have a 5 second delay between activating abilities, it solves this whole debate and doesn't penalize one carrier more than another.
Unless your sitting still and the fighters manage to land at zero on you, 5 seconds is enough time for smaller ships to burn out of range.
They may get hit by the normal attack (which is fine) but the missile attack is unlikely to hit them, unless the carrier has web support (Loki or Hugin) that is on the ball.
Larger slower ships will get hit but should also be able to tank enough not to get alpha'd..




It won't work.
First of all, fighters are too squishy to hang around, after mwd-ing (with mwd on) and wait for missile ability to activate.
It would kill fleet fights.
Second, it would not fix the instalock gatecamp problem, which is the very reason why they need to be nerfed.
Fighters have 12.5km range on missiles (t1 firbolgs), and you can boost that easily with omnidirectionals with optimal script, because the application is near perfect and you don't need precision stuff.
It is very easy to cover a regular gate with the fighter wings staying at 0km, on the gate model.

maCH'EttE wrote:

MY DEAR FRIEND, DONT WASTE YOUR BREATH ON THESE F1 WARRIORS, OR SHIP SPINNERS. THIS CARRIER CHANGE GIVES THEM THE BALLS TO BLAP SMALL GANG PVP TO THE GROUND. THE PROBLEM RESIDES WITH CCP, IGNORING THE FACT OF THE OUTCOME OF SUCH BUFFS. DRONES GOING 10,000MPS, WITH INSANE DPS AND TRACKING, AND LOCK SPEED. WHAT HAPPENED TO THI IS EVE, NO RISK NO REWARD. BUY A CARRIER, JOIN A BLOB THAT HAS A CITADEL, SIT AT UNDOCK, AND BLAP THINGS THAT ARE 1000KM AWAY FROM YOU. DONT WASTE YOUR BREATH. THIS SHITE IS BROKEN, IT WAS BROKEN THE FIRST DAY, IT IS STILL BROKEN, AND IT WILL BE F((((( BROKEN UNTIL THE FAT HOBBIT, AND THE GOING BALD, HIDE WITH A HAT HOBBIT, FIX WHAT THEY BROKE. ITS NOT WORTH PLAYING EVE ANYMORE. ROAM FOR 15+ JUMPS, FIND A FIGHT, AND THAN HAVE 2+ CARRIERS DROPPED OR WARPED ON YOU. I PLAY OVERWATCH, INSTANT PVP.

I'm afraid you are right.
CCP cares only for raw subscription #'s and not for balance.

I've got 4 accounts, 2 of them are close to maxed carrier pilots, and i regret having paid my accounts untill next February (2 have a few months left on subscription).
Beyond logging in for my dailies, i haven't logged in for much the past few weeks, and i've only done the dailies the past few days.
Having quit before, i know this is how it starts, i'll take a look at Overwatch.

PS: Considering he complexity of EVE, and how long it takes one to catch up once you have been gone for a while, i honestly doubt i'll be back from this quit.
Milostiev
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#904 - 2016-06-05 08:08:15 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
And pray tell what the NSA does for the fighters lock time?


To put bluntly, it lowers your time to find a potential escape, to the point where there is just ~blap~.

All you need is a large bubble on the gate, but an instalock ceptor buddy will work too (large t1 bubble is far better).

Let's say you jump in, and you meet this situation, you are in a frig.
1000k away a carrier, t1 fighters on the gate, 3 wings, large bubble up.
You've got 4s from the moment of decloak to find a way out, before you get blapped.
You can't go to range, the fighters have at least double your velocity under the 20s mwd and they apply just as well with and without their mwd on.
So you try to go back to the gate, and prey he lags a little, because even with 3.7km/s (without overload) and over 5km/s with overload, under 3s align time, you still need time to accelerate.
Making it worse, you are mwd-ing right towards the fighters, because that's where the gate is.
And that's how you die.

For t1 cruisers it's even worse.

You can't tank them unless you have a very specialized buffer fit with logi's.
You can't jam them all because it takes time to lock each and everyone of them, by which time they will have applied 1 salvo (partial or in full).
And you can't drop them because you are in enemy space, far from your own ppl, and probably came fro a wh.

Most nullsec regions have 4-5 chokepoints and many constellations have 1 way in and out, a single carrier on the gate and it's a guarantee you won't get out in full, or in, in full.
Certain constellations have 6-7 .... even 10+ large bubbles on the grid itself, with 60+ km from the gate, the closest you can possibly warp out (a 20s delay btw between acceleration, exit of bubbles, warp).

Solo roaming, or small gang roaming, has been hugely hit by this.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#905 - 2016-06-05 08:17:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
... if you are afraid of a carrier camp fit AB and not MWD takes 3 salvos to kill a T1 frig using an AB

if you are in a small gang bring ECM
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#906 - 2016-06-05 09:16:27 UTC
but if we fit AB then Instasvipul kills us ;-)
Lugh Crow-Slave
#907 - 2016-06-05 09:18:45 UTC
lol what if you fit the mwd but get hit by a nado?
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#908 - 2016-06-05 10:15:20 UTC
Milostiev wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
And pray tell what the NSA does for the fighters lock time?


To put bluntly, it lowers your time to find a potential escape, to the point where there is just ~blap~.

All you need is a large bubble on the gate, but an instalock ceptor buddy will work too (large t1 bubble is far better).

Let's say you jump in, and you meet this situation, you are in a frig.
1000k away a carrier, t1 fighters on the gate, 3 wings, large bubble up.
You've got 4s from the moment of decloak to find a way out, before you get blapped.
You can't go to range, the fighters have at least double your velocity under the 20s mwd and they apply just as well with and without their mwd on.
So you try to go back to the gate, and prey he lags a little, because even with 3.7km/s (without overload) and over 5km/s with overload, under 3s align time, you still need time to accelerate.
Making it worse, you are mwd-ing right towards the fighters, because that's where the gate is.
And that's how you die.

For t1 cruisers it's even worse.

You can't tank them unless you have a very specialized buffer fit with logi's.
You can't jam them all because it takes time to lock each and everyone of them, by which time they will have applied 1 salvo (partial or in full).
And you can't drop them because you are in enemy space, far from your own ppl, and probably came fro a wh.

Most nullsec regions have 4-5 chokepoints and many constellations have 1 way in and out, a single carrier on the gate and it's a guarantee you won't get out in full, or in, in full.
Certain constellations have 6-7 .... even 10+ large bubbles on the grid itself, with 60+ km from the gate, the closest you can possibly warp out (a 20s delay btw between acceleration, exit of bubbles, warp).

Solo roaming, or small gang roaming, has been hugely hit by this.

Your talking about T1 frigs here yes?
So what happens if your T1 frig jumps into a Svipul gate camp. Let me guess, the same thing as happens if you jump into a carrier gate camp (or any other gate camp set up specifically to catch people jumping in) but of course the carrier is OP and the Svipul's and others are?

T1 frigates should die to just about any prepared gate camp - They are cheap, nasty, no tank, throw away ships.
Even T1 cruisers shouldn't survive, without a lot of luck on their side.

This is not the fault of carriers - they can't "insta lock" you as many would believe, without links and max skills my Thany has only 812 scan res - Not enough to "insta lock" much of anything. Yes it is a pretty fast lock time but not as extreme as it is made out to be.

Lastly, if your in a T1 frig gang or anything small enough to be one shot by a gate camp, you should ALWAYS use a scout. That way if there is a gate camp, they will only kill the scout and not your whole inadequate for the job fleet.

Where I live there are gate camps all over the place, some carriers others svipuls, others a mixture of whatever. I run the gauntlet every day with my indy toon in Ceptors. 2 most recent losses, not to the regularly seen carrier camps (they can't lock me fast enough when alone); both losses were to Svipuls - They insta lock and one shot (sometimes 2) Ceptors, yet your screaming for carriers to be nerfed because they can sort of insta lock a T1 frigate.

Roaming frigate gangs are a pain - About time there was an effective way to deal with the amateurs who don't use scouts.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#909 - 2016-06-05 10:25:50 UTC
why are carriers OP but svips aren't?

because this is a new person that slapped them in the face. You can get used to being slapped in the face by the same person even come to enjoy it but when the quit kid in the corner you don't think much about comes up and slaps you he's a dangerous sociopath. particularly when the only real memory you have about him is him playing with himself in the corner with a bunch of red crosses.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#910 - 2016-06-05 11:05:09 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
why are carriers OP but svips aren't?

because this is a new person that slapped them in the face. You can get used to being slapped in the face by the same person even come to enjoy it but when the quit kid in the corner you don't think much about comes up and slaps you he's a dangerous sociopath. particularly when the only real memory you have about him is him playing with himself in the corner with a bunch of red crosses.

You have such a way with words.

It is true, had carriers not been turned into subcap killing specialists these guys would still be crying about whatever it was killing them before.

Guys, reality is, carriers may be good at killing certain types of ships but remember they die quite easily to a well prepared small gang and even easier to a single Dread.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#911 - 2016-06-05 11:12:22 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
[quote=Lugh Crow-Slave]

Guys, reality is, carriers may be good at killing certain types of ships but remember they die quite easily to a well prepared small gang and even easier to a single Dread.


you don't even need to be in a well prepared small gang

there are so so many groups out there with public chat chs

all you need to do is

"there is a carrier in X camping Y gate if anyone wants to pop it (insert zkill link of system and any screens you managed to capture)"

the number of ppl out there willing to take a risk of a trap for the sake of a cap kill is incredible
Milostiev
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#912 - 2016-06-05 12:45:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Milostiev
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
... if you are afraid of a carrier camp fit AB and not MWD takes 3 salvos to kill a T1 frig using an AB

if you are in a small gang bring ECM


AB frig does not survive in null sec solo, because of grid control and because it has low ehp.
A correction, it does not survive for fast roaming, if you are willing to go +1 scout it will do just fine.
ironically, a ceptor would do better with ab than a regular frig.

On a grid, you want to fight 80-130km from the blob, it's the sweetspot where you stand a chance, and where you can actually do something (before you are killed).
You go to their space, they already have MWD fits, so you are talking of a 2km/s speed diference.
Because of the low ehp you can't rely on the speed with low sig either, unless you want to nibble some guy down.

Basically, ab fits on frigs force you from kite+brawl, to brawl+brawl. You lose grid control.

Dual prop frig fits are pretty much the only way to go at this point, but even those will only do so much.

In the case of T3d's, if you roam solo, the ehp of the svipul with dual prop might be enough to make it back to the gate.
Confessor won't, 10mn ab fit takes too long to get up to speed, and mwd fit tend to not have good ehp.
Confessor is more of a paper kiter anyway.

Cruisers, you have 2 options, buffer or repp fit.
Buffer will die to 2 volleys, which means in the case of armor that you have to repp quite often, while repp fits don't have the buffer to make it to the gate. :P
One of the few cruiser options with some validity, is mwd-cloak to make it back to the gate, an option i admit i haven't explored fully in EFT (though keep in mind a t2 cloak uses 60 CPU and most solo fits are at the limit precisely on CPU).

PS: Svipuls are also OP.
When i returned in last October, and i met the svipul (it was introduced after i left eve), i was shocked at how OP it was.
After looking at it, the other changes and the philosophy behind it (i looked at CCP's actions, not their words), i said in BSB channel and to others that CCP does not want the svipul nerfed, and that the t3d focus group is a committee designed to bury the problem.
It is almost 7 months later, and i have not been proven wrong.
If anything, with 40k scram hics and instalock instablap carriers, the discussion about that seems buried.
Do you still believe in Kil2, Suitonia ?
Milostiev
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#913 - 2016-06-05 13:19:20 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:

Your talking about T1 frigs here yes?
So what happens if your T1 frig jumps into a Svipul gate camp. Let me guess, the same thing as happens if you jump into a carrier gate camp (or any other gate camp set up specifically to catch people jumping in) but of course the carrier is OP and the Svipul's and others are?

I have lived through many Svipul gatecamps.
The trick is to have the 1st mwd cycle an overloaded one, and to align in a direction as far away as possible from them.
280mm Svipul has 14-25km range for damage (the first being optimal, the 2nd optimal + falloff).
Full repp fit frigs, will borderline live through it. Shield buffer fit (slasher/firetail .... even raptor) just shrug it off and move on. :P
2 good Svipul pilots with synchronized fits, i won't survive that in a decent shield buffer frig.
But this doesn't happen that often (just avoid Stain :P ).

Quote:
T1 frigates should die to just about any prepared gate camp - They are cheap, nasty, no tank, throw away ships.
Even T1 cruisers shouldn't survive, without a lot of luck on their side.

The key here is 'prepared'.
I know how to prepare a gatecamp, it hasn't changed that much since we did it with full max boosted Lachesis with rf point in low-sec, i know what a gatecamp can do and what it cannot do.
It doesn't take much to have a good gatecamp prepared.
But you still need ppl, plural.
In some cases with maxed out fits, OGB's, and maybe a slightly pimped out HIC.

I keep saying 'chance', and ppl keep hearing 'i-win button'.
'i-win' button is boring, chance means that if i am a good pilot, with good reactions and good judgements, i have a chance of getting out.

Quote:
This is not the fault of carriers - they can't "insta lock" you as many would believe, without links and max skills my Thany has only 812 scan res - Not enough to "insta lock" much of anything. Yes it is a pretty fast lock time but not as extreme as it is made out to be.

2k scan res is very easy to get. Beyond that it doesn't help you that much unless you can get 3500 through other means.

Quote:
Lastly, if your in a T1 frig gang or anything small enough to be one shot by a gate camp, you should ALWAYS use a scout. That way if there is a gate camp, they will only kill the scout and not your whole inadequate for the job fleet.

I never said gang, i go alone.

Quote:
Where I live there are gate camps all over the place, some carriers others svipuls, others a mixture of whatever. I run the gauntlet every day with my indy toon in Ceptors. 2 most recent losses, not to the regularly seen carrier camps (they can't lock me fast enough when alone); both losses were to Svipuls - They insta lock and one shot (sometimes 2) Ceptors, yet your screaming for carriers to be nerfed because they can sort of insta lock a T1 frigate.

Roaming frigate gangs are a pain - About time there was an effective way to deal with the amateurs who don't use scouts.


Your example is faulty.
A ceptor can just warp out of a bubble, and a travel ceptor can do this even better.
You cannot fit a ceptor for both combat and travel.
And nobody is asking for bubble immunity.

What i am asking is for the chance to make it back to the gate, or to warp off from dictor bubble when i'm in a freaking t1 frig.
Not guarantee, chance .... big difference.

Also, when you lose a t1 frig in null roaming solo, the problem is not the isk loss, which is quite frankly .... pathetic, 13-15m isk.
The problem is the fact that you have to go 30+ jumps again to get another, to die without any .... fun.
Longdrinks
Zero Fun Allowed
skill urself
#914 - 2016-06-05 20:04:53 UTC
Are carriers supposed to be able to kill targets while they themselves are safe inside pos shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHS-r5v01M
maCH'EttE
Furnace
lllllllllllllllll
#915 - 2016-06-05 20:27:24 UTC
Longdrinks wrote:
Are carriers supposed to be able to kill targets while they themselves are safe inside pos shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHS-r5v01M

IF CCP WISHES AND THE LARGE ALLIANCES AND CORPS DEMAND IT, IT SHALL HAPPEN. WHO GIVES A TWO SH*** A*** ABOUT THE SMAL GANG PVP CORPS OR PLAYERS.
DROP CARRIERS ON EVERYTHING, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFTY OF A CITADEL, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFETY OF A POS..
Lugh Crow-Slave
#916 - 2016-06-05 20:52:37 UTC
maCH'EttE wrote:
Longdrinks wrote:
Are carriers supposed to be able to kill targets while they themselves are safe inside pos shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHS-r5v01M

IF CCP WISHES AND THE LARGE ALLIANCES AND CORPS DEMAND IT, IT SHALL HAPPEN. WHO GIVES A TWO SH*** A*** ABOUT THE SMAL GANG PVP CORPS OR PLAYERS.
DROP CARRIERS ON EVERYTHING, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFTY OF A CITADEL, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFETY OF A POS..


Roll

it's a bug report it
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#917 - 2016-06-05 21:23:43 UTC
Some feedback on carriers if CCP is still reading this:


1. Why do the capital neuts need to be so subpar at hitting anything below capital size? A standard 400M battleship has 220GJ capped every 48 seconds....

A standard heavy neut will cap any ship at 600GJ every 24 seconds, which works out at 1200GJ for an equivalent 48 seconds. That is over 5X better when using against a battleship! And it is a joke to even consider using it on anything below 400m.

It doesn't need to be this bad and should be on parity with the other neuts when using against other ships which are not capital class.

I don't like that it uses signature radius in the first place as no other cap warfare module calculates anything using sig radius. But if you are going to go with it then its sig resolution should be more like 2000m as opposed to 8000m.


2. The flex hardeners need to be better. The reason is that they promote skilful piloting and good gameplay. It is a good module in terms of making capital piloting more fun, so why make it so niche that they are going to be barely used over an energized membrane or invuln.


3. Heavy warp disruptor and scrambler (particularly the disruptor) need to give a greater range bonus. This is a heavy capital module, so make it feel like a capital module! Currently I can get greater range out of a faction disruptor or scram. The extra point bonus is nice but in the majority of cases is going to be useless. At least they won't gimp you though unlike the capital neuts.


4. Armour buffer fits seems to be a lot worse than shield fits. Especially considering that you are forgoing DDAs. Slave implants are required for parity with shield fits. I know there is going to be some slave equivalent implants for shields coming in the future which will widen this gap further. Why not increase the armour bonus from the 2500mm plates.


5. Now we have no triage module buffing active tanking to crazy levels, crystal implants should work with capital shield boosters and an armour equivalent should also be released for active armour fits.


So there is my opinion on the changes so far. The capital modules really should have had their own individual threads as they need a hell of a lot of work still.

I also think the networked sensor array needs a good look at although will need more testing before I can give a definitive opinion. From initial impressions though it needs to give more risk / reward type gameplay as currently it gives quite a small benefit (although in edge cases the fast lock can be overpowering) for very little risk.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#918 - 2016-06-05 21:31:38 UTC
1 because they are only supposed to be used on capitals you can still fit heavy nuets

2 they are nearlly as strong as a dead space mod what more do you want?

3 the point is to hold supers with their high WCS not have range

4 i agree

5a) carriers are built to buffer tank not active tank this is by design. I for one think it is a good choose and helps diversify them further. They give up being able to local rep for the ability to take remote ones

5b)... dreads and FAUX still exist so just no and they talked about and armor variant of crystal the same time they talked about shield slaves.


the NSA is a replacement to atemt to replicate the initial goal of carriers not having to lock at all. this was because the UI just couldn't be made to work.
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#919 - 2016-06-05 21:45:30 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
1 because they are only supposed to be used on capitals you can still fit heavy nuets.

They should work on any ship. There is no reason why a module costing 250M and using 45x more PG should be inferior.

Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
2 they are nearlly as strong as a dead space mod what more do you want?

They need a higher resist bonus. Hardly anyone is using them at the moment for good reason.

Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
3 the point is to hold supers with their high WCS not have range

See point 1. If I am not fighting super carriers or titan (ie in the majority of cases) the extra WCS is useless.

Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
5a) carriers are built to buffer tank not active tank this is by design. I for one think it is a good choose and helps diversify them further. They give up being able to local rep for the ability to take remote ones

5b)... dreads and FAUX still exist so just no and they talked about and armor variant of crystal the same time they talked about shield slaves.

I was thinking about this being useful mainly for dreads as active tanking a carrier is inferior to buffer tanking (although with crystals there may be a few edge cases in which active tanking a carrier becomes viable)

I haven't messed around with FAUX yet though so admittedly this could break some things in that respect. But for dreads and carriers they should work.


Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
the NSA is a replacement to atemt to replicate the initial goal of carriers not having to lock at all. this was because the UI just couldn't be made to work.

Missed opportunity. They should make it a bit more interesting. Disallowing warp and perhaps increasing resist bonus or buffing some aspect of fighters would promote more risk / rewards type gameplay.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#920 - 2016-06-05 21:52:55 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
maCH'EttE wrote:
Longdrinks wrote:
Are carriers supposed to be able to kill targets while they themselves are safe inside pos shields?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHS-r5v01M

IF CCP WISHES AND THE LARGE ALLIANCES AND CORPS DEMAND IT, IT SHALL HAPPEN. WHO GIVES A TWO SH*** A*** ABOUT THE SMAL GANG PVP CORPS OR PLAYERS.
DROP CARRIERS ON EVERYTHING, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFTY OF A CITADEL, SHOOT STUFF AT THE SAFETY OF A POS..


Roll

it's a bug report it

The fighters seemed idle. Maybe they "had" been shooting the poco and the Thany warped to the pos when the neutral cloaky cyno came into system.

You know - The smart thing to do if you want to keep your carrier alive.

Patch notes May 2016
Quote:
It is no longer possible to give any commands to fighters (except Recall) while the commanding ship is in a forcefield.


If your still genuinely unsure what you saw, send a bug report and be sure to include all the video you took not just the "specific to whine" edited part.

NB; No-one gives a shite about someone coming to the forums and screaming like he is an entitled brat.

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.