These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

So many little things … thank you

First post
Author
Bantu Armer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-06-04 11:08:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Bantu Armer
Today, I re-subscribed my [undisclosed] accounts. I have been playing for years on and off, the longest break spanning most recently for two years.

I have been looking for a space game for some time to fill my eve fix, none come even close to satisfying the itch. Today I re-subbed, and I must say, this game has improved vastly.

I have watched from a distance as CCP Seagull has made some truly superb managerial and directorial decisions, and lead this game to, what is in my opinion, the most immersive, detailed and shiny looking game to date. My lord, those … warp and cloak effects.

If this continues, you will defiantly have my subscription for years to come. My reasons for leaving previously, were those thousand and one little paper-cuts that over time became maddening. Many of them have been [alleviated], and more importantly, the sheer variety of game play models leaves me with lots to do.

I just wanted to say thank you, from an on off player since 2006.

EVE forever.
Captain Dingles
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-06-04 12:10:50 UTC
work the shaft. ;)
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#3 - 2016-06-04 15:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
Captain Dingles wrote:
work the shaft. ;)
Where would we be without vulgarity? Cool

Believe it or not, my journey into gamedom began with finding something to replace chess.
That, of course, never happened, but it did bring me to this...after lo about 15 years.

>Zork!

>"At your service!"

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#4 - 2016-06-04 16:09:18 UTC
The single new thing I like the most are the shield effects. It's about time they added them.
Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
Heiian Conglomerate
#5 - 2016-06-04 18:56:18 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Captain Dingles wrote:
work the shaft. ;)

Believe it or not, my journey into gamedom began with finding something to replace chess.
That, of course, never happened, but it did bring me to this...after lo about 15 years.

Baduk. Play it. Love it.

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
Warclone Initiative
#6 - 2016-06-05 04:13:02 UTC
OP actually likes the current state of the game instead of ranting about how every change made since 200(insert year) ruined it?

Holy ****. And it hasn't already disappeared off the front page!

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Bantu Armer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-06-05 16:42:15 UTC
In a world of instant gratification and entitlement, we must not forget to show thanks and appreciation.
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-06-05 21:15:11 UTC
Eve Online: A huge, shambling, gloriously beautiful addictive time sink. With every year it becomes less a game than something I should probably discuss with my psychiatrist, if I could afford one.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

ISD Lyrin Rands
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#9 - 2016-06-06 01:50:37 UTC
It's so refreshing to see such a friendly thread once in a while. Smile

ISD Lyrin Rands

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-06-06 01:56:09 UTC
Neph wrote:
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Captain Dingles wrote:
work the shaft. ;)

Baduk. Play it. Love it.

Go is good. Tak is a lot of fun, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEXkpS-Q9dI

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11 - 2016-06-06 06:34:46 UTC
Next to overhaul: Clouds in space, explosions, subcapital wrecks, redesigned ships. The work is never ending.
Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#12 - 2016-06-06 14:03:07 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Next to overhaul: Clouds in space, explosions, subcapital wrecks, redesigned ships. The work is never ending.

Oooh yeah the new explosions they showcased were great! I hope they add those soon.
Cait Nathair
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-06-06 17:26:32 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
Eve Online: A huge, shambling, gloriously beautiful addictive time sink. With every year it becomes less a game than something I should probably discuss with my psychiatrist, if I could afford one.

I've actually discussed it with mine Shocked
The Barrister
Huckleberry Inc
#14 - 2016-06-07 18:17:37 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:

Oh, but you can!

I'm available for in game therapy chat sessions... 1 plex per hour. Far cheaper than a headshrinker IRL. Volume discounts available!
Roenok Baalnorn
Sadistically Sinister
#15 - 2016-06-07 19:51:34 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:

Pay in ISK.
Bantu Armer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2016-06-12 20:16:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Bantu Armer
Okay, Let me give an example.

Running a mission. Angel's Extrav. This was a big one back in the day; I can remember a corp mate showing such concern for the amount of DPS in the last room; today it feels quite under whelming, I think it was nerfed.

The point is, I looked at one of the BS spawns, gushing over the detail, only to see Shield efects and whats more ....

DAMAGE to the ship. My BS turrents left holes in the hull lol

Even better, when it got to 25% struct, the lights flickered and went off.... then BOOM.

My only dissapiont ment is the wreck does not match the size of the ship, but god'am that is a nice touch.

Apologies for spellings, in game still running.
Signal11th
#17 - 2016-06-13 08:45:09 UTC
Well I can agree, haven't played for well over a year and thought I would give it a try again after playing for 8 odd years, found myself stuck in the back end of 0.0 and luckily snagged a decent bunch of lads in the station I found myself in. No need to move and can carry on from where I left off. The whole game seems a bit snappier so have re-subbed for a 30 day time to see if I can get back into it and enjoy it again. It's looking hopeful.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#18 - 2016-06-13 19:32:04 UTC
Eve took my time and money and (sometimes) left me devastated!!! Shocked

I went to rehab on several occations, but i Always go back to get my fix!!!

It's drugz i tell u! DRUGZZZZZZZ!!!!!! Lol
Bantu Armer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2016-07-21 09:00:02 UTC
And, I am off again.

Good game, but my real life time commitments do not allow me to commit fully.

I'll be back in a couple of months.

Guys and gals, look after her.
Buliki
Publicly Owned Customs Offices
#20 - 2016-07-21 13:37:48 UTC
ISD Lyrin Rands wrote:
It's so refreshing to see such a friendly thread once in a while. Smile

You should use this occasion to wake up man..... When everybody and their sisters complain about something.... those people are right. When one brainwashed clown LOVE what you did... that doesn't mean anything.
12Next page