These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Load station environment option removed

First post
Author
Technobizzmo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-06-04 16:29:49 UTC
This sucks. What idiot thought up the idea to require players to load useless station environment? How hard would it be to maintain leaving that option in for the Dev team? The game is completely useless in my opinion until they bring back the option to disable stupid station environment. Give me a black background, anything... The game was perfect before, now sitting in station is horrible.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#2 - 2016-06-04 16:33:42 UTC
you could take a screenshot of the station and load it as desktop background

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Technobizzmo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-06-04 16:35:07 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
you could take a screenshot of the station and load it as desktop background



Well that would replace the picture of your mom, so that wouldn't work
Kleiner Vance
Ascendancy Enterprises
#4 - 2016-06-04 16:42:39 UTC
Well, this thread is off to a great start.
W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-06-04 17:19:15 UTC
I can underatand not wanting to load the CQ but dont understand why anyone would care about a spinnable ship since you can just ignore it and pretend it isnt there. Other then loading times anyway.

I remember the check box letting you disable it though, didnt know they removed it.
Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-06-04 17:39:08 UTC
Technobizzmo wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
you could take a screenshot of the station and load it as desktop background



Well that would replace the picture of your mom, so that wouldn't work


I take it you have a widescreen monitor then.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
Warclone Initiative
#7 - 2016-06-05 04:09:51 UTC
Bad thread is bad. OP is shameful for disabling ship spinning.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#8 - 2016-06-05 13:44:13 UTC
They start them typing this young these days?

How about a coupla nanner nanner poo poos?

Roll

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Cien Banchiere
Extrinsic Arcadia Distribution
#9 - 2016-06-05 18:06:27 UTC
Did you Google it? You could actually pretend it's still a static image by not moving the ship? I dunno. If the game is "useless" now then see yang later o/
Neadayan Drakhon
Heuristic Industrial And Development
AddictClan
#10 - 2016-06-05 18:09:49 UTC
Technobizzmo wrote:
This sucks. What idiot thought up the idea to require players to load useless station environment? How hard would it be to maintain leaving that option in for the Dev team? The game is completely useless in my opinion until they bring back the option to disable stupid station environment. Give me a black background, anything... The game was perfect before, now sitting in station is horrible.

Something about the static background not working with the new citadel stuff, would've been broken if they didn't remove it.

Also it's been like this over a month and you're just now noticing?
Technobizzmo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-06-05 20:13:26 UTC
Neadayan Drakhon wrote:
Technobizzmo wrote:
This sucks. What idiot thought up the idea to require players to load useless station environment? How hard would it be to maintain leaving that option in for the Dev team? The game is completely useless in my opinion until they bring back the option to disable stupid station environment. Give me a black background, anything... The game was perfect before, now sitting in station is horrible.

Something about the static background not working with the new citadel stuff, would've been broken if they didn't remove it.

Also it's been like this over a month and you're just now noticing?


I just came back to this stupid game (yes, it's now a stupid game as when I'm running several clients it's useless even with a good PC)
000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#12 - 2016-06-05 21:08:50 UTC
your stuffz... well... u know what i want! Lol
CCP Falcon
#13 - 2016-06-05 21:23:36 UTC
Ranting is against the rules.

Locked.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3