These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring back custom tracking camera

Author
Joe Un
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#1 - 2016-06-02 13:06:12 UTC
This change was terrible. Why take away the old option that many enjoyed?
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-06-02 13:10:05 UTC
Oh look, more whining.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#3 - 2016-06-02 13:21:08 UTC
If only they had a beta firs, and multiple feedback threads and an itterative development for this change!

Damn you see see pee when will you learn!
Charley Varrick
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2016-06-02 14:57:34 UTC
Agree with OP. Custom tracking position needs to come back and devs need to quit ignoring this request. Most of the whining would stop if we could at least get a "It's being looked into" or anything but silence.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
Snuffed Out
#5 - 2016-06-02 14:59:30 UTC
what is this they are talking about? is this the thing with clicking on your overview to track to now having to right click and select track? backwards engineering at its finest

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Joe Un
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#6 - 2016-06-02 15:12:17 UTC
Charley Varrick wrote:
Agree with OP. Custom tracking position needs to come back and devs need to quit ignoring this request. Most of the whining would stop if we could at least get a "It's being looked into" or anything but silence.

I just don't understand why they have to "subtract" from the camera options pool when they could just "add" to it.
What is the reasoning behind it? More options are a good thing.
Charley Varrick
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-06-02 15:12:48 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
what is this they are talking about? is this the thing with clicking on your overview to track to now having to right click and select track? backwards engineering at its finest

Custom tracking position was were you could drag the snap-to point to anywhere on your screen. The new cam snap to point is locked to center of screen and is always blocked by your ship.
Nalia White
Tencus
#8 - 2016-06-02 16:17:33 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
If only they had a beta firs, and multiple feedback threads and an itterative development for this change!

as much as i like your comments... it's not like they heard it there and it's not like that happened already with a bazillion changes where they got feedback and went through with it anyway...

this is not an argument.

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Mesacc
New Big Dog Mining
#9 - 2016-06-02 20:30:31 UTC
Adjustable tracking point is a must. Only thing i would add to the topic is tracking pan speed since they go hand in hand. When you enable tracking the camera jerks around at nauseating speed. Needs to slow down or be adjustable.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#10 - 2016-06-02 20:38:41 UTC
Nalia White wrote:

as much as i like your comments... it's not like they heard it there and it's not like that happened already with a bazillion changes where they got feedback and went through with it anyway...

this is not an argument.

Yeah fair enough.
Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#11 - 2016-06-02 21:17:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Isaac Armer
Every piece of non-negative feedback I saw on the new camera during testing was basically "If you mess with the settings, you can get it close enough to the old camera"

Which should have said a lot to the devs....
Joe Un
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#12 - 2016-06-04 14:00:23 UTC
Isaac Armer wrote:
Every piece of non-negative feedback I saw on the new camera during testing was basically "If you mess with the settings, you can get it close enough to the old camera"

Which should have said a lot to the devs....

Seriously. I guess they don't care about the player base as much as they used to and we should all be getting ready to jump off this ship.
Charley Varrick
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2016-06-04 16:29:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Charley Varrick
Still not a peep out of the devs from the issues raised in this thread and the others. Im guessing they are just waiting to see how many subs are lost over this. Then they will decide if they will address these issues or not. Since their is nowhere near Incarna level rage, im starting to think that we are stuck with the camera the way it is.
Catalina Franklin
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2016-06-04 20:40:12 UTC

You know I tried the camera in beta. I even logged onto the forums to complain about THIS EXACT PROBLEM. A LOT of other people did the same thing. So basically people did see an issue but CCP just chose to ignore it. As far as the other people talking about subs I wont be renewing. Will it matter to CCP to lose 2 subs, definitely not, but if enough people dont sub maybe they will listen.

Just my 2 cents.
Joe Un
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#15 - 2016-06-05 03:20:33 UTC
It's just a real pain in the butt. The camera was like a Michael bay film but now it's like watching Cloverfield. My camera has a mind of its own.
MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
Warclone Initiative
#16 - 2016-06-05 04:06:50 UTC
Honestly, setting a custom tracking position is the ONLY part of the old camera I'm actually missing.

A few seconds of fiddling with the checkboxes makes the new camera perform just as well as the old one.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Joe Un
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#17 - 2016-06-05 13:37:45 UTC
MidnightWyvern wrote:
Honestly, setting a custom tracking position is the ONLY part of the old camera I'm actually missing.

A few seconds of fiddling with the checkboxes makes the new camera perform just as well as the old one.

That's exactly the point someone made a few posts up: fiddling with the new one to make it as good as the old one should send a message to the revs.
Albert Madullier
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2016-06-06 15:02:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Albert Madullier
+1

also please use hor+ instead of vert- for fov settings so having an ultrawide monitor means you actually see more screen instead of less