These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The IGS

Author
Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#1 - 2016-06-02 22:38:24 UTC
Hi guys!

I have read a lot on the forums about something people call burnout. And today I am here to offer a solution. Many capsuleers in New Eden seem to regularly feel like they are at a standstill or bored. There are many different ways to stave off boredom, but my favorite by far is the IGS.

For those of you that may not realize what the IGS is, or that it even exists, it is a place for every citizen of any of the Empires or Capsuleer corporations to discuss things going on in New Eden on a personal level. The IGS is a place that facilitates conversation between the individual pieces of the greater whole. You won't find people like Mittens or MBC leadership hanging out there. But, you will find the every day men and women of this great galaxy discussing a wide variety of topics ranging from their favorite tea recipes (Matari Black Leaf is my favorite) to ongoing discussions, often heated, about the merits of the Gallente-Caldari cold war. It is also one of the few places that you can talk to the same people on the forums and in space! The same personalities you will find in the IGS boards are he same ones you will find on the Intergalactic Summit chat channel!

So, I invite any of you that have a streak of boredom, or anybody that just seems interested in the concept of making interpersonal relationships in New Eden, to come on down and introduce yourself. Thanks!

(((The IGS forum and in game chat channel is in character roleplay at all times. So if you ever wanted to be that swashbuckling pirate in space, or a simple asteroid miner come on down and have some fun. We'll probably like you!)))

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2016-06-02 23:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Tells us about a community, mentions a forum and chat channel, doesn't provide a link or name of the channel. So I assume you are claiming the whole intergalactic summit subforum as your own?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Karina Ivanovich
Girls Lie But Zkill Doesn't
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2016-06-02 23:40:08 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Tells us about a community, mentions a forum and chat channel, doesn't provide a link or name of the channel. So I assume you are claiming the whole intergalactic summit subforum as your own?

I never claimed anything to be owned by me. But yes, in a way i am talking about the subforum. It would be awesome to have more people frequent it. Not quite sure I understand your level of sardonicism but I hope that I am just reading too much into it.

Some call me insane. If the universe is sane, then I embrace that label.

Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2016-06-02 23:57:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
All I'm trying to say is if you advertise something you need to be as clear as possible. What is the name of the chat channel? Is it "Intergalactic Summit" or "IGS"? Because that's not very clear.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Erebus Vain
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-06-03 12:52:39 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
All I'm trying to say is if you advertise something you need to be as clear as possible. What is the name of the chat channel? Is it "Intergalactic Summit" or "IGS"? Because that's not very clear.

I agree, as a newbie i clicked on this thread to find out what "IGS" meant, but had to google "EVE online IGS" to find out, when i guess the OP could have titled the thread "IGS (Intergalactic Summit)".

Clarity in what the OP is trying to portray is key to getting the word out i suppose.
Revis Owen
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#6 - 2016-06-03 14:27:27 UTC
The New Order provides a superior place for those who are bored or burnt out.

And we do not lack clarity on where to go: www.minerbumping.com

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#7 - 2016-06-03 15:45:06 UTC
yes your thread has missing info. as a 12 year vet it even took me a few min to figure out wtf IGS was.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
Apocalypse Now.
#8 - 2016-06-03 15:53:39 UTC
I wanna post in a stealth community group advertisement thread... oh wait, I just did!

Good luck with your group!
Lord Ra
Sicarius.
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#9 - 2016-06-03 16:31:31 UTC
Whos mittens
KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#10 - 2016-06-03 17:14:01 UTC
Lord Ra wrote:
Whos mittens

His mittens.

Dum Spiro Spero

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#11 - 2016-06-03 17:16:20 UTC
KaarBaak wrote:
Lord Ra wrote:
Whos mittens

His mittens.

has mittens?
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#12 - 2016-06-03 18:22:20 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
KaarBaak wrote:
Lord Ra wrote:
Whos mittens

His mittens.

has mittens?

Had mittens?

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Jinn McKellin
ChemiKals
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-06-03 18:25:40 UTC
Stole Mittens.
Etaine O Conghaile
#14 - 2016-06-03 18:28:17 UTC
Archibald Thistlewaite III wrote:
KaarBaak wrote:
Lord Ra wrote:
Whos mittens

His mittens.

has mittens?

Had mittens?

where mittens!

A Thukker, Krusual, Brutor, Sebiestor, Vherokior, Nefantar and a Starkmanir are in a shuttle together.

Who's flying the shuttle?

C.O.N.C.O.R.D.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#15 - 2016-06-03 20:38:07 UTC
Etaine O Conghaile wrote:
Archibald Thistlewaite III wrote:
KaarBaak wrote:
Lord Ra wrote:
Whos mittens

His mittens.

has mittens?

Had mittens?

where mittens!

There mittens!
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#16 - 2016-06-03 20:51:43 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:

Ummm...what flavor was that kool-aid anyway?

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Revis Owen
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#17 - 2016-06-03 21:04:52 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Revis Owen wrote:

Salty miner tears flavor.

Ha ha, thanks for that softball which I knocked out of the park!

Agent of the New Order http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html If you do not have a current Mining Permit, please contact me for issuance.

KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#18 - 2016-06-03 21:42:32 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Revis Owen wrote:

Your avatar looks like a Russian mobster and Zoolander had a baby. Two thumbs up!

Dum Spiro Spero

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
Apocalypse Now.
#19 - 2016-06-03 23:40:09 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Revis Owen wrote:

Not hard, you play in a very small park, I homered there with a wiffel ball.
Candi LeMew
Division 13
#20 - 2016-06-04 05:01:54 UTC
Jesus.

Intergalactic Summit.
Is an in-character forum section. Pretty much general discussion, but posts are from the viewpoint of your character, not you the player. It's a roleplay forum subsection.

There's also an ingame channel by the same name and for the same purpose, it's CCP owned/operated but is pretty much unmoderated. Reasonably active, depending on time of day.

It has a sister channel called Out of Character, for out of character chatter, general RP related chatter, or just being a douche.

The Summit is another ingame channel for the same purpose; roleplay and chatting as your character. This one is player owned and (over)moderated. It also has a sister channel called OOC for all your out of character chatter and shittery.

Ton of other RP channels too and out of game forums, but these are what the OP was talking about I guess.

🍌

Remember... in Anoikis Bob Is Always Watching...

"I been kicked out of better homes than this" - Rick James