These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More SC controversy with a mention of EO

Author
Varcutii Renalard
#21 - 2016-06-01 17:51:12 UTC
So. Basically. ... This SC game... thing, ... makes CQ and the Incarna release hype a total and complete success story.

Amazing!
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#22 - 2016-06-02 18:08:12 UTC
Snagletooth Scott wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Snagletooth Scott wrote:
Hahahahahahaha

Dereck Smart

Hahahahahahaha

Dereck...heheh...Dereck Smart is soo biased against CR he makes MSNBC look truly partisan

You might as well be linking Ken Ham about Evolution.

Hahahahahaha

You guys must truly be afraid of what might happen to Eve if you are lowering yourselves to quoting Dereck about SC...really really afraid.

Please show us that game that looks as the fruit of 114 million $ and 3 and half years of work.

Or as the game I backed up, the one that would cost 10-15 milion $ and I'd be playing for the last 19 months after being released in November 2014.

We know that DS is DS. But then, even DS delivers something, and does it on his money... quite unlike Chis Roberts.

PS: The best part I got from backing SC in October 2012 was the tip that E:D was being developed. I sitll haven't played E:D but I'm ready to join it when it reaches the point I wish (avatar content)...

The first iteration of persitstence just went in as is getting tested and debugged as we speak.
SQ42 just wrapped up MoCap reshoots and most if not all the art is done. All they need to do is put it togther and start internal testing. Ship pipeline for most manufacturers are done and ships are coming online pretty fast. economy is in, although not fully fledge out, but it is in.

Especially when you consider they started from scratch, as where established companies already have most of their basic assets and tools already in place, they are ahead of schedule for what they making if someone else like EA or Sony tried to do this.

DS delivers **** on a platter, then claims someone stole his ideas to divert the fact the platter is ****. He bans tester who find major bugs. He's being sued for slander. He has a personal vendaetta against Chris. You follow anything he has to say, you are only fostering your ignorance. ignorance is never an excuse.

I'll merely say we will see. The videos i have seen show SC as a complete train wreck of epic proportions. How much have you sunk into it exactly? And the little footage of SQ42 looks like ****. Like it should of come out on PS1.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Ka Plaa
Doomheim
#23 - 2016-06-02 18:37:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ka Plaa
Snagletooth Scott wrote:

The first iteration of persitstence just went in as is getting tested and debugged as we speak.
SQ42 just wrapped up MoCap reshoots and most if not all the art is done. All they need to do is put it togther and start internal testing. Ship pipeline for most manufacturers are done and ships are coming online pretty fast. economy is in, although not fully fledge out, but it is in.

Especially when you consider they started from scratch, as where established companies already have most of their basic assets and tools already in place, they are ahead of schedule for what they making if someone else like EA or Sony tried to do this.

♫♪ don't stop, believin', hold on to that lovin' feelin ♪♫
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#24 - 2016-06-02 18:53:48 UTC
Gonna go very slightly off topic.

With E:D and SC (which will NEVER come out) and other space mmo's doing avatar play, ccp should REALLY take a second look at walking in stations.

But anyway

Eve For life.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2016-06-02 19:40:39 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
Gonna go very slightly off topic.

With E:D and SC (which will NEVER come out) and other space mmo's doing avatar play, ccp should REALLY take a second look at walking in stations.

But anyway

I'm having a Toecutter moment: "But we're going to teach him, Bubba!" (First Mad Max film)

Two things have to happen.

First, the min/max sperging must be dealt with. That is, that crowd to whom anything that is not directly by, of, for, related to, increasing, improving, addressing, and coddling the "Muh ISK" or "Muh stats" must be ignored when they come in swarms to scream and cry about anything not related to their obsession. Where it up to them the game would be nothing but mining lasers and gate camps.

Second, if CCP just makes WiS a useless content thing, then the Muh ISK/stats crowd ends up getting proven right. So they can't just "open the door", there needs to be a reason for it, like smuggling, crime, reasons not to be in the capsule where every move is tracked and traced, etc. How and why? I have no idea. Imagine if leaving the capsule made you disappear from local. Imagine if in order to sell illegal boosters you have to go "downstairs" to the darker levels of a station.

A corporation hootch where you can put corpses in huge glass tubes (people you have taken a mild disagreement with, perhaps?) would also be the ticket. I would also, were it up to me™, make "avatar play" free to play, locking down PLEX/Sub to "strictly pilots license" and go with MT for station-side stuff.

But ultimately: fighting in stations. Guns. When do we get guns? It's not a video game without guns.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#26 - 2016-06-03 12:44:50 UTC
After years of the existence of Star Trek Online (which has this all important "avatar play"), you'd think it would be understood that EVE is fine without 'avatar gameplay'. Not only would it not add anything vital to the game, it would might even detract from it (meaning fewer people in space interacting, in a game whose virtual economy is tied to people expending things in space).

What CCP is actually doing (making separate games to cater to different play styles/cultures) is the smartest things they ever did. I know people have this utopians dream of an all encompassing "EVERYGAME" all-in-one universe, but such a game needs to be built from the ground up with those ideas in mind.

Trying to 're-jigger' a spaceship game that only barely does spaceships (EVE ships aren't ships, they are just spheres with omnidirectional weapons and skins that look like space ships lol) to have avatar gameplay (and atmospheric flight and real 'planetary interaction') was a foolish pursuit, and I'm glad CCP isn't doing that anymore. Notice how they've even stopped talking about being able to target and shoot at different sections of a ship....it's because they have no sections, it's a sphere...

Opposition to these unrealistic ideas has nothing to do with min/maxing. It's just that some of us LIKE that EVE is focused on what it does well, instead of trying to be some sloppy hodge-podge of everything like all these other games do (think STO again). Games they try to please everyone, and try to 'include' everyone, well, those games suck, and I for one would rather not see EVE suck.

5 years and 114 million bucks and Cloud Imperium can't deliver even after having the advantage of building their game from whole cloth, what makes any of you think CCP could while using this old game as a platform? Did you all miss the past debacles of WoD and DUST?
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#27 - 2016-06-03 16:36:12 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
After years of the existence of Star Trek Online (which has this all important "avatar play"), you'd think it would be understood that EVE is fine without 'avatar gameplay'. Not only would it not add anything vital to the game, it would might even detract from it (meaning fewer people in space interacting, in a game whose virtual economy is tied to people expending things in space).

What CCP is actually doing (making separate games to cater to different play styles/cultures) is the smartest things they ever did. I know people have this utopians dream of an all encompassing "EVERYGAME" all-in-one universe, but such a game needs to be built from the ground up with those ideas in mind.

Trying to 're-jigger' a spaceship game that only barely does spaceships (EVE ships aren't ships, they are just spheres with omnidirectional weapons and skins that look like space ships lol) to have avatar gameplay (and atmospheric flight and real 'planetary interaction') was a foolish pursuit, and I'm glad CCP isn't doing that anymore. Notice how they've even stopped talking about being able to target and shoot at different sections of a ship....it's because they have no sections, it's a sphere...

Opposition to these unrealistic ideas has nothing to do with min/maxing. It's just that some of us LIKE that EVE is focused on what it does well, instead of trying to be some sloppy hodge-podge of everything like all these other games do (think STO again). Games they try to please everyone, and try to 'include' everyone, well, those games suck, and I for one would rather not see EVE suck.

5 years and 114 million bucks and Cloud Imperium can't deliver even after having the advantage of building their game from whole cloth, what makes any of you think CCP could while using this old game as a platform? Did you all miss the past debacles of WoD and DUST?

oh i don;t disagree with you. i'm just saying, avatar play could be fun. eve doens't lose much though without it. and if Nova becomes a good thing, then it will even out. i still want the 2014 vision though. but back on topic.

Eve For life.

NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#28 - 2016-06-14 07:46:31 UTC
I'll say it again, from what I stated 8 years ago (now 10 years of eve).

"No game will ever compete with Eve-Online for a few years." Been more than a "few" years and Eve-Online is still the most unique game. Single server? check (well, ok, there is Serenity ...). Scam, steal, espionage, and other "illegal" or "bad" activities that is allowed? Check. Sandbox? Check. Graphics shiny updates? Super check. I don't really see any game that does those four features at the same time.

Developing a game is not easy at all, so I kinda feel for SC Devs, but I do want it to fail so I can laugh at the backers with passion. The only thing I ever backed was Mighty Man no 9. I am glad that is going to be released very soon!
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#29 - 2016-06-15 06:06:25 UTC
Eh. SC 2.4 now has persistence. Still a long way off, but I suppose they will get there eventually.

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar's Voice Discord Server

Dornier Pfeil
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2016-06-20 14:51:19 UTC
I like that EvE O is not twitch based. Being the captain of a starship is more interesting than being the pilot of a starfighter. If anything I wish there were more bridge style commands possible for the UI.

Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
The Link.

Quote:
Before you say Eve Online has done it; don’t – they haven’t. If you’re a programmer, go ahead and read up on the EO architecture (1, 2) – which btw has been drastically improved upon over the years. That EO bespoke architecture was built from the ground up as part of the engine and for a specific game. A game that’s not twitch-based or anywhere near the fidelity of the seamless architecture that Star Citizen is shooting for.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#31 - 2016-06-20 16:26:40 UTC
I have not backed it.
One thing I see there I would like to have in EVE, avatar exploration. But the rest with things you can do in space, spaceships and industy is not I am fond of actually. I think EVE got all of it right.
Hikenian Isu
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2016-06-24 12:57:13 UTC
So by my best guesses, walking in stations was less vapourware than this.

Hmm I think if SC fails then lynching's may probably return for a while.,
Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
#33 - 2016-06-25 15:18:15 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
What's a "twitch-based seamless architecture"?

Reminds me somehow of "Blast processing"
Varcutii Renalard
#34 - 2016-07-06 22:45:29 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
" eventually."

Is that like, SC's version of "Soon" ?
Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2016-07-09 03:45:53 UTC
For a scam they pay way too many programmers....

http://imgur.com/a/0pEmV

Looking to talk on VOIP with other EVE players? Are you new and need help with EVE (welfare) or looking for advice? Looking for adversarial debate with angry people?

Captain Tardbar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#36 - 2016-07-10 05:05:21 UTC
I had a blast tonight in SC with my org. We were doing the ICC Array story line. Almost got through it too.

Did some FPS with a StarFarer. It was rather swifty seeing all the heavily equipped soliders burst through the air lock taking causalities and killing enemies taking over the Koreah station in order to capture the whisky.

Robby Rova
Doomheim
#37 - 2016-07-14 19:09:19 UTC
Apparently, day one backs are eligible for a refund if they're unhappy with the current state of development.

Check it: http://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizen-refunds-ftc

I see a class action incoming.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#38 - 2016-07-20 06:05:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I have heard SC will support DX12 and Vulcan, rewritten from DX11. Of course nearly everyone is exctatic about that there.
Nothing can bring them down.... misjudging their own strenths is a way to fail.
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/147346281049/hello-very-cool-blog-do-you-think-crowdfunding
KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#39 - 2016-07-27 21:55:44 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
For a [strike]scam[/strike] game that has been in production for as long as SC has and spent the amount of money they have spent they pay way too many programmers....

http://imgur.com/a/0pEmV

Dum Spiro Spero

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#40 - 2016-07-30 06:13:59 UTC
I heard SC will resurrect Jesus and make baby kittens cry.

P

Also, posting in a DEREK SMART THREAD before the lock.

Bear

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.