These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NO DROP FOR GANKERS?????

First post
Author
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#21 - 2016-05-31 18:40:39 UTC
Wow. It's like a salt quarry in here.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#22 - 2016-05-31 18:40:55 UTC
also the value of a stack does not factor into the calculations. Saying that X loot out of 5 bil dropped doesn't mean much. Showing consistently that 10% of the loot drop does.
PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#23 - 2016-05-31 18:54:11 UTC  |  Edited by: PayMyIskNOW
sero Hita wrote:
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
What is your sample size? Let's talk again when you've completed another 100 ganks.

My gank size is YEARS of ganking, 100 is a real low number to be honest. I know what i'm taking about....

Then tell us what your sample size is, and the drop percentage. You can even compare a month a year ago and last month if you do not want to go through all the data. Or post with your main, so we can do the calculations for you. But you will not as you are not really interested in if the drop rate has decreased (If you did you would have done some basic math)... So I call troll

The drop percentage is less than 10% now, compared with 2 months ago, wich was, as i said, 50%, just as it was an year or 2 ago. I NEVER SAID the drop rate has changed, i'm here to try to understand, since i've noticed it MAY have changed based on my experience and some reports from others gankers. The basic math is done, now can you tell me why i would be trolling? And ofc i won't post with my main, why would i? It would be so amateur...

Once again, i'm not saying it has changed, i'm here to get others players opinions, not comments from haters.

@Topic

If you are not a ganker, a CCP member, or you don't understand sh1t about the topic, try to stay out of it please.
Super Ormand
Doomheim
#24 - 2016-05-31 19:11:16 UTC
My last 10 ganks:

Dropped: 5,530,295.38 ISK
Destroyed: 454,458,561.03 ISK

Dropped: 8,639,363.84 ISK
Destroyed: 354,927,396.51 ISK

Dropped: 245,219,257.65 ISK
Destroyed: 314,853,037.02 ISK

Dropped: 194,968,403.46 ISK
Destroyed: 209,530,947.07 ISK

Dropped: 745,453.16 ISK
Destroyed: 2,008,922,231.27 ISK

Dropped: 16,964,911.71 ISK
Destroyed: 479,770,974.11 ISK

Dropped: 183,888,686.09 ISK
Destroyed: 715,576,785.53 ISK

Dropped: 487,222,279.91 ISK
Destroyed: 5,411,320.31 ISK

Dropped: 94,397,186.30 ISK
Destroyed: 359,579,788.98 ISK

Dropped: 31,839,622.21 ISK
Destroyed: 1,263,225,319.31 ISK

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#25 - 2016-05-31 19:18:07 UTC
Why care about the isk value? A stack of 100 PLEX has the same drop percentage as a stack of 1 trit. Going just by isk, we don't know the ammount of stacks or how many dropped.

And I know fry own manufacturing and shop fitting experiences, the value of a cargo is not evenly distributed among all stacks. There are often many stacks that are worth far less than the 1 or two stacks of expensive items.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2016-05-31 19:19:49 UTC
Super Ormand wrote:
My last 10 ganks:

Dropped: 5,530,295.38 ISK
Destroyed: 454,458,561.03 ISK

Dropped: 8,639,363.84 ISK
Destroyed: 354,927,396.51 ISK

Dropped: 245,219,257.65 ISK
Destroyed: 314,853,037.02 ISK

Dropped: 194,968,403.46 ISK
Destroyed: 209,530,947.07 ISK

Dropped: 745,453.16 ISK
Destroyed: 2,008,922,231.27 ISK

Dropped: 16,964,911.71 ISK
Destroyed: 479,770,974.11 ISK

Dropped: 183,888,686.09 ISK
Destroyed: 715,576,785.53 ISK

Dropped: 487,222,279.91 ISK
Destroyed: 5,411,320.31 ISK

Dropped: 94,397,186.30 ISK
Destroyed: 359,579,788.98 ISK

Dropped: 31,839,622.21 ISK
Destroyed: 1,263,225,319.31 ISK

This does not tell much since it does not tell how much of the destroyed was the ship hull or the rigs for example which can't drop.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#27 - 2016-05-31 19:21:16 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

Wait to ruin my illusions vincent.

**** it im making my own one up :
Ok so, in a data center, somewhere in london ,within deep cavernous halls of server hardware and serpentine ethernet cables ,

There is a hampster , with a pair of die, whenever you pop someone, the hampster throws the die at the nearest ccp employee.

What he roles determines partly much you get in a drop, who he hits determines the quality of the drop.

CCP Dev : 100% modules + cargo , no plex
CCP GM : 50% modules , no cargo , no plex
CCP Qa : staff 50% cargo no modules , no plex
Ian the janitor : Plex.

Cytherea Deesse
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2016-05-31 20:19:12 UTC
You really haven't said what you mean by the drop is less, but I take you mean the value of things dropping?

When you look at the zkillboard for kills made by catalysts not many have 50% drop if you look at the value of the kill mail. But if you look at the number of things/mods and stacks in cargo that can drop the numbers look closer to 50% on avg.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#29 - 2016-05-31 20:31:14 UTC
Were it up to me™, I would base the drop on the damage received.

Imagine I had a container. And that container had to be broken to open it.

If I lightly damaged the container only enough to gain access to the inside of it, it could be expected that the contents would be mostly intact.

If I put the container, say the size of a gym bag, and placed it on a crate of TNT, the container will be opened, that is certain, but the contents would probably be beyond use.

Thus it would only make sense that blasting a ship with so much force and so rapidly would destroy the cargo than if you took time to whittle it down slowly.

I think it would be best if gankers refrained from complaining.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2016-05-31 20:39:15 UTC
I know the drop rate is RNG but it doesn't feel that way when you loot a lot of times.

Ive personally never seen a kill mail where plex dropped. I beleieve loot rng is working as intended because we could always quess the average like I do with imvention chances when buying datacores, but ive had a feeling that the drop rate for plex is programmed differently then everything else ever sense they started allowing people to undock with it.

Martis Gradivus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#31 - 2016-05-31 20:59:43 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

Ok so, in a data center, somewhere in london ,within deep cavernous halls of server hardware and serpentine ethernet cables ,

There is a hampster , with a pair of die, whenever you pop someone, the hampster throws the die at the nearest ccp employee.

What he roles determines partly much you get in a drop, who he hits determines the quality of the drop.

CCP Qa : staff no cargo no modules , no plex, just a few assortement of bugs added to the next patch/expansion

I fixed that CCP QA line for ya.....
aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#32 - 2016-05-31 21:12:16 UTC
I have noticed a drop in melted nano ribbon drops from the sleepers in wh's, maybe that can be fixed too. Zorr in damsel also doesn't consistently drop the expensive implant, fix that too please.
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2016-05-31 21:47:01 UTC
This reminds me of a thread from a while back where somebody was saying it appeared that their Geckos were getting any wrecking shots. (Wrecking shots are when the to-hit RNG generates a number below 0.01 and the shot then does 3x base damage.) There was a fair bit of back-and-forth discuss, and to satisfy myself I combed through my client logs and counted all Gecko shots and all Gecko wrecking shots - sure enough, 1% of all shots were wrecking shots.

Somebody who is concerned about this should comb through actual kill data and count dropped and not-dropped items stacks. (Ignoring ISK value, as that apparently does not factor in to the drop calculation.) How something "feels" with a small sample size is meaningless. One source of data is CCP Quant's Mar 1 through Apr 4 kill dump. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6428000#post6428000 That's old of course, so perhaps zkill could be a source - IIRC, squizz has some sort of interface that allows for downloading kill data.
Galaxxis
The Regency
The Monarchy
#34 - 2016-05-31 22:05:28 UTC
Even the non-sentient RNG knows you're an *******. Enjoy your crappy drops!
sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#35 - 2016-05-31 23:14:42 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
PayMyIskNOW wrote:

The drop percentage is less than 10% now, compared with 2 months ago, wich was, as i said, 50%, just as it was an year or 2 ago. I NEVER SAID the drop rate has changed, i'm here to try to understand, since i've noticed it MAY have changed based on my experience and some reports from others gankers. The basic math is done, now can you tell me why i would be trolling? And ofc i won't post with my main, why would i? It would be so amateur...

Once again, i'm not saying it has changed, i'm here to get others players opinions, not comments from haters.

@Topic

If you are not a ganker, a CCP member, or you don't understand sh1t about the topic, try to stay out of it please.

luckily you don't get to decide if I stay out of it or not. I am not hating, but you did for example not mention the 10% in your op (Which you btw. still have not mentioned the samplesize of the data that gave 10% and the samplesize of the data that gave 50%). I went through my own data from this week and it seems that around 50% of the items are dropping, but the percentage of the total value dropping is below 10% for around 100 kills in lowsec (gate camping etc.). But I would not conclude too much from that, as I found similar numbers in nov. 2015. So I assume that sometimes you are just unlucky.

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Mortlake
Republic Military School
#36 - 2016-05-31 23:23:05 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Rng is r.

CCP Qa : staff 50% cargo no modules , no plex

I like this idea.

I would however like to introduce a little peril.

Imagine the hamster is strapped onto a glass tumbler (butt down) and fed a steady stream of delicious but indigestible die shaped kibbles, laced with Rohypnol.

Each time a ship is destroyed, a loudspeaker emits a tremendous explosion causing the hamster to evacuate the aforementioned kibbles into the tumbler violently. Thanks to the Rohypnol, the explosion will never cease to be a surprise.

Mum says I'm overtired and should turn my light out.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#37 - 2016-06-01 00:02:23 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Rng is r.

While that makes a good degree of sense, I'd like to see that algorithm as the odds would have to change the further it got away from their target % variable. Now, it could be a coding issue, if so, they should be warned in the issues threads, not GD.

I don't really hunt through killmails much, I've looked at enough of them to know it's pretty darned random what drops, but I can't say for certain it's always with in X% of 50%.
nezroy
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2016-06-01 01:14:17 UTC
Go to zkillboard. Filter for high sec ganks going back, say, one month. Count the number of stacks that dropped vs the number of stacks in cargo (ISK value not relevant to this at all, by the way). Return here if the numbers is far from 50% by some statistical significance.

(Hint: you won't be back)

You are the one making an exceptional claim, so you are the one who gets to go provide evidence for that claim. Lucky for you there is a large amount of data available to the public so you should have no problem doing this.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#39 - 2016-06-01 01:16:39 UTC
Honestly, if you're ganking for the ISK you're ganking for the wrong reasons.
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#40 - 2016-06-01 01:21:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
This OP is so ridiculous I truly am finding it difficult to decide to laugh or cry. "Hey. I victimize somebody and expect a monetary return, but it's not there! My criminal activity isn't paying off! BALANCE THE GAME!!"

However...on a lighter note. Some people even think chance should be a surety - if only for THEM.
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Honestly, if you're ganking for the ISK you're ganking for the wrong reasons.
Right! What do you expect? Pad your killboard AND make ISK???

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.