These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

new dampener scripts

Author
Borat Guereen
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-05-30 21:21:56 UTC
It would be great to see new scripts for dampeners that can go beyond simply reducing the targeting range or scan resolution. New scripts could reduce the range of stasis modules , or scrambler ranger or neut ranges, each with a specific script to that effect...

Candidate for CSM XII

Ix Method
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-05-30 21:55:27 UTC
While the concept is kinda interesting stacking all this potential into Damps runs the risk of them becoming insanely OP. There's a reason Missile Disruption was added as a seperate module, the same reasoning would apply here imo.

Travelling at the speed of love.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#3 - 2016-05-31 00:18:18 UTC
Why didn't you ask your corp mates for links? They do exactly what you ask for, without scripts.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Lugh Crow-Slave
#4 - 2016-05-31 03:45:07 UTC
O.o what links do that?

as for op while i don't agree with the idea at all i do want to know why you picked damps and not weapon disruptors.... the things that already reduce the range of mods
Borat Guereen
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-05-31 18:47:18 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

as for op while i don't agree with the idea at all i do want to know why you picked damps and not weapon disruptors.... the things that already reduce the range of mods

The weapon disruptor would be fine too, I simply believed dampening the range is more of a dampener thingy, but it is true that it could need another set of new modules.
I was trying to find ways to limit this binary "caught" or "not caught" that the game has and that Fozzie described in his last interview.

Candidate for CSM XII

Lugh Crow-Slave
#6 - 2016-06-01 06:00:23 UTC
it would still be caught or not caught though...