These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

NO DROP FOR GANKERS?????

First post
Author
PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#1 - 2016-05-31 16:30:12 UTC
Hi there guys!!

I've been talking with some friends to try to understand what is going on with the drops when we kill someone in high sec...
I mean, especially when we gank someone. Not wardec or duel thing, i'm talking about real gank, when you become a criminal Lol

The thing is: we noticed that the drops are very bad lately, almost everyone agrees that there must be something "wrong".
Killmails of 2b, 3b, 5b or higher, and the drops are like 60m? 70m? 150m? What is going on?
I could link you some exemples but i'm sure you guys got the idea...

So, CCP, did you guys changed the drop chance/the drop mechanics? Please, if you did, let us know!

Thx in advance!
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#2 - 2016-05-31 16:41:57 UTC
Deal with it™

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2016-05-31 16:42:49 UTC
Rng is r.

Side note the loot fairy is a loose hooer.
Paranoid Loyd
#4 - 2016-05-31 16:44:52 UTC
Haven't been active lately, however up until I became less active my drop rate always worked out to be ~50% whenever I would evaluate it.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#5 - 2016-05-31 16:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
I can not confirm that.

EDIT:
So far
PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#6 - 2016-05-31 16:52:04 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Haven't been active lately, however up until I became less active my drop rate always worked out to be ~50% whenever I would evaluate it.

And so was mine dude, my rate was about 50% as well. But believe me, now it's really different.
I noticed it and asked some other friends, they said to be wonderin the same thing...
I really don't know, that's why i came in here to ask...
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#7 - 2016-05-31 16:58:40 UTC
You could be right but keep in mind...odds are a funny thing.

I have personally witnessed a coin flip odds test (30 flips) at generating an 80% heads result with the coin being rotated which face was up side each time.

So, if your loot roll was the same and was getting a 'tails it's your loot' for the determiner, yeah, you'd have had a 20% take home in that instance I cited.

People tend to remember the negatives well, or an extreme positive, but we forget middle stuff as it's not worth the neurons to hold the data.

My advice would be to track it, not just you, but all of you. See if the drop rate has really changed.
PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#8 - 2016-05-31 17:08:33 UTC
Pandora Carrollon wrote:
You could be right but keep in mind...odds are a funny thing.

I have personally witnessed a coin flip odds test (30 flips) at generating an 80% heads result with the coin being rotated which face was up side each time.

So, if your loot roll was the same and was getting a 'tails it's your loot' for the determiner, yeah, you'd have had a 20% take home in that instance I cited.

People tend to remember the negatives well, or an extreme positive, but we forget middle stuff as it's not worth the neurons to hold the data.

My advice would be to track it, not just you, but all of you. See if the drop rate has really changed.

It makes sense dude. i understand what you mean and i agree with it.
But before i come here, i got in contact with many players and asked them if they "felt"
the drop rates were odd. Almost all of them said it was kind of confusing, so we are intrigued...
We are tracking it, all of us, to try to understand it...
If needed, we are going for a depth statistical study.
Thx for your time!
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-05-31 17:12:59 UTC
Good, you deserve **** all, move to low/null and fight like men.

Unless that's where are, if so ignore the above.

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2016-05-31 17:16:32 UTC
What is your sample size? Let's talk again when you've completed another 100 ganks.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Super Ormand
Doomheim
#11 - 2016-05-31 17:18:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Ormand
Drago Shouna wrote:

First, the goal of the gank here is to make some isk, not fight. Second, the gank is so legitimate as ratting, mining or trade.
PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#12 - 2016-05-31 17:19:28 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:

You must be a carebear full of hate!
We all do pvp, probably much better than you do, gank for us in the way we make some isk!
And we are spread in eve, low, hs and null pvping, hs is the place we use to make isk, not ony ratting or
PI as you probably do.
Pathetic!

Mortlake
Republic Military School
#13 - 2016-05-31 17:20:52 UTC
Drago Shouna wrote:

Either way someone's taking your money. What difference does it make where it happens? If I want to eat I tend to go where the food is.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-05-31 17:21:26 UTC
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Drago Shouna wrote:

You must be a carebear full of hate!
We all do pvp, probably much better than you do, gank for us in the way we make some isk!
And we are spread in eve, low, hs and null pvping, hs is the place we use to make isk, not ony ratting or
PI as you probably do.
Pathetic!

Big smile

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

PayMyIskNOW
EvE Most Wanted
#15 - 2016-05-31 17:24:45 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
What is your sample size? Let's talk again when you've completed another 100 ganks.

My gank size is YEARS of ganking, 100 is a real low number to be honest. I know what i'm taking about....
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#16 - 2016-05-31 17:26:36 UTC
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:

My gank size is YEARS of ganking, 100 is a real low number to be honest. I know what i'm taking about....

Over time - and at some point in the future, although it might be a very long time - it will all even out to about 50%. Promise! :)

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-05-31 17:57:05 UTC
Bring sacrifice to the Loot Fairy, you must.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#18 - 2016-05-31 18:17:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Athena
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#19 - 2016-05-31 18:32:44 UTC
PayMyIskNOW wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:

Then tell us what your sample size is, and the drop percentage. You can even compare a month a year ago and last month if you do not want to go through all the data. Or post with your main, so we can do the calculations for you. But you will not as you are not really interested in if the drop rate has decreased (If you did you would have done some basic math)... So I call troll

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-05-31 18:38:04 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Rng is r.

In fact, its not. Its a programmed algorithm with results that are totally deterministic. It just appears random.

But because it is a deterministic algorithm means that if CCP somehow made a programming error, we could be getting skewed results.

Example: Once everyone thought the RNG was just randomly not spawning any Arkonor. It turned out CCP had mis-spelled "Arkonor" in the roid generation table.

Except that would require the drop system to have been modified since it worked before and everyone would notice, not just one group of HS gankers.
123Next pageLast page