These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PROBLEM: rude people

First post
Author
Sol epoch
HELVEGEN
#41 - 2016-05-30 10:07:05 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:
Funny thing is, what I said is true on all fronts - I understand the immaturity of most players - its common for kids to act this way actually.

There is a difference in what you think you are or should be in your head and actually being what you say you are in RL.

Troll or not is there not a thing in the US about false service?

Here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2016-05-30 10:23:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Don't worry most of us are just playing with you, just harmless banter.

What you should have done was go to the forum in out of pod experience and made a thread about your promotion so people could say grats.
embrel
BamBam Inc.
#43 - 2016-05-30 10:39:14 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:
Funny thing is, what I said is true on all fronts - I understand the immaturity of most players - its common for kids to act this way actually.

The problem is not rude people, but self-important ones.

Regarding immaturity... starts a thread first, boasts with RL-promotion as a background for a huge discovery, which unfortunately everyone else was well aware before, is alerted that everyone knows this, changes OP as its immature to point out that the huge discovery was obvious from the beginning.

Okay.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2016-05-30 11:02:42 UTC
At least he doesn't claim he's a World War II veteran.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#45 - 2016-05-30 11:03:13 UTC
Trader20 wrote:

What you should have done was go to the forum in out of pod experience and made a thread about your promotion so people could say grats.

bingo, hell the regulars in there will even let you sniff some of their glue , they're a friendly (if strange) bunch of hippies in there.
Esrevid Nekkeg
Justified and Ancient
#46 - 2016-05-30 11:15:16 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Trader20 wrote:

bingo, hell the regulars in there will even let you sniff some of their glue , they're a friendly (if strange) bunch of hippies in there.
I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with being a friendly and somewhat strange hippie. Big smile

And to the OP, you should be ashamed of accusing others to be childish, while doing worse yourself.

Here I used to have a sig of our old Camper in space. Now it is disregarded as being the wrong format. Looking out the window I see one thing: Nothing wrong with the format of our Camper! Silly CCP......

Lisbeth Riraille
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2016-05-30 11:59:33 UTC
Trader20 wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
So army personnel are the new vegans?

This might be a troll, but we have all seen those posts where the person starts by telling everyone they are in the army. Just something I've found funny over the years of interacting with the EvE community.

Lol like that joke, how do you know someone is a vegan?

Don't worry they'll tell you.

Vegans have their own version of this:

Q. How do you know someone doesn't like vegans?

A. They'll tell you the 'How do you know someone's a vegan?' joke within 5 mins of learning you're a vegan.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#48 - 2016-05-30 12:06:25 UTC
Lisbeth Riraille wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Maekchu wrote:

This might be a troll, but we have all seen those posts where the person starts by telling everyone they are in the army. Just something I've found funny over the years of interacting with the EvE community.

A. They'll tell you the 'How do you know someone's a vegan?' joke within 5 mins of learning you're a vegan.

but they assuredly will learn your a vegan , regardless of having any interest whatsoever .
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2016-05-30 12:08:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Lisbeth Riraille wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Maekchu wrote:

But how would someone know you're a vegan to make fun of you lol?

Every person I know that is a vegan/vegetarian has told me out of the blue.
Conversations like:

1. What's your favorite hockey team?
2. I don't know but I'm a vegan.
1. What?

It's a great cause but it seems they do it more for the social status then the humane treatment for animals.
Humble is a word they should learn. And since we're on the topic, the only meat I eat is seafood but I don't go around like a militant preaching meat is murder.
Plus vegans look sick and smell bad, fact their odor is destroying the ozone.
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#50 - 2016-05-30 12:15:10 UTC
Aw. C'mon. What's the "How do you know someone's a vegan" joke?
'Cause they tell you first thing out of their mouths?
'Cause of the line of irate potatoes following them with "Be carnivorous" picket signs?

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Lisbeth Riraille
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2016-05-30 12:22:55 UTC
Trader20 wrote:
Lisbeth Riraille wrote:
Trader20 wrote:
Maekchu wrote:

But how would someone know you're a vegan to make fun of you lol?

Every person I know that is a vegan/vegetarian has told me out of the blue.
Conversations like:

1. What's your favorite hockey team?
2. I don't know but I'm a vegan.
1. What?

It's a great cause but it seems they do it more for the social status then the humane treatment for animals.
Humble is a word they should learn. The only meat I eat is seafood but I don't go around like a militant preaching meat is murder.

Some vegans are indeed utter poltroons. But not all of us. You have my sympathy for it seems only having met the boring holier-than-thou Morrissey types.

I was an omnivore for most of my life, then I met a girl who was thank heavens one of the cool vegans. She cooked me omni food, never nagged, and put up with my 'ho ho only joking but all you eat is dust!' hilarious digs with quiet patience. Then one day I thought that since she was so awesome in every other aspect of our life together, I thought I'd try a vegan diet for a month. You know, walk a mile in someone's shoes and all that.

It was an eye opener for sure.

The bad was I became aware of all the 'hoho only joking but vegans, amirite?' crap that they get from mainstream society.

The good was I found out how much actual range there is in cooking that is vegan. Plus, to my astonishment (and tank god, I'm all about convenience), it's really easy to eat vegan and still enjoy food. Nowadays, in any large town, vegan options are many, I found.

Now if Science would just hurry the hell up with those lab-grown burgers, everybody wins.

Btw, I think that General OP (as I shall forever know him) should be given his own program on Eve-Radio. I bet it'd be golden.
Mortlake
Republic Military School
#52 - 2016-05-30 12:26:31 UTC
I shot a bb gun out of a moving car once when I was a kid, and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2016-05-30 12:49:15 UTC
This thread is going places. I don;t know where since it's been derailed but it's still going places.
Lisbeth Riraille
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2016-05-30 13:09:21 UTC
One of the best bits about being vegan for me is the amusement to be had when you meet someone in the food service industry who doesn't really know what a vegan is. You get diamonds like these:

'Vegan sandwiches? Yes, we have goat's cheese!'
'Oh don't worry sir, all our products are gluten-free!'
'Vegan...vegan...ah yes, salmon's ok, right?'
'Vegan chocolate? Oh I'm terribly sorry, all our chocolate has sugar in it'

and my personal favourite

'Yes, this quiche is vegan. The chickens that made the eggs are very happy'

:D

It's a pity I need to say the next bit, but I know from experience that otherwise I might be taken for an Angry Vegan, but in every instance my reaction is to smile and politely thank them for trying, and I only explain if they're not busy with other customers waiting etc - nobody wants a lesson on what a vegan is when they're waiting tables lol. And I have had some very nice responses from surprising sources - one time I was invited to a top class strak house by some friends, and so I called the joint (it doesn't hurt to ask, right?) and apologetically enquired, and the manager told me that no, they didn't have anything applicable for me apart from some of their condiments, but he was sympathetic and not at all offended or defensive or whatever. We both had a little chuckle about it, and I left the conversation wishing that all service staff could be so professional and friendly. I've reccomended it to steak-loving contacts since - my view is if you're going to eat steaks, you're better being a patron of such a place than somewhere where the staff are all 'htfu, hippy!' Lol.
Lisbeth Riraille
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-05-30 13:10:58 UTC
The OP would be better listened to by CCP if he was Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago imo.
Trader20
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2016-05-30 13:14:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Trader20
Dude we get it you're a vegan. Your hand must be getting tired from all that self-patting on the back you're doing. No one cares.

I'm guessing this thread is doomed to derailment or lock though....
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#57 - 2016-05-30 13:51:55 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:

Back on the tracks....

It may be true but that doesnt mean its applicable to all situations such as video games. The players in this game are far more mature( and far more intelligent) than the average video game player. Its almost a requirement here. They just know how to let go and have fun. Not to mention they understand that real world physics and laws do not apply to video games.

Its common for kids to make a self important thread, acting as if they are all knowing. To tell the game devs "your game is not like the real world, you should change it immediately. You MAY contact me, so i can tell you how to fix your game" and actually expect the devs to contact you immediately.

When you dont get the response you want from the community, you delete not only the subject but the title and rewrite it to tell everyone how rude they are.

The replies in this thread have been fairly nice considering how self important, condescending, and immature you have acted thus far. Consider yourself lucky, you dodged that bullet. Pun intended.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#58 - 2016-05-30 14:07:02 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
The players in this game are far more mature( and far more intelligent) than the average video game player. Its almost a requirement here.

While it might still be true, the last posts I've commented on, truly have given me doubts to this statement.

I am basically unable to tell trolls apart from real posts, since the stupidity and immaturity is through the roof.
Lisbeth Riraille
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2016-05-30 14:24:19 UTC
Trader20 wrote:
Dude we get it you're a vegan. Your hand must be getting tired from all that self-patting on the back you're doing. No one cares.

I got the impression I was patting the steak-house dude on the back rather than myself, lol, but whatever.

The point I was trying to make was that some people are knobs irrespective of their diet, but happily a lot of people are cool irrespective of their differences.

This has an in-game parallel too. CODE and miners for example, there are tools and conversely righteous dudes on both sides. Lambasting someone simply because he belongs to a certain social group is painting with a wide brush and imo it's sub-optimal behaviour that can lead to missing out on the positives that difference can provide.
Exaido
Fire Over Light
#60 - 2016-05-30 14:29:18 UTC
Lisbeth Riraille wrote:
Trader20 wrote:

I got the impression I was patting the steak-house dude on the back rather than myself, lol, but whatever.

The point I was trying to make was that some people are knobs irrespective of their diet, but happily a lot of people are cool irrespective of their differences.

This has an in-game parallel too. CODE and miners for example, there are tools and conversely righteous dudes on both sides. Lambasting someone simply because he belongs to a certain social group is painting with a wide brush and imo it's sub-optimal behaviour that can lead to missing out on the positives that difference can provide.

CODE is like Godwins Law for Eve. All arguments end in Code. That was an epic forum move Big smile