These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PROBLEM: rude people

First post
Author
Maekchu
Doomheim
#21 - 2016-05-29 21:53:52 UTC
"If you disagree with my opinion, I'll just stick my fingers in my ears and scream LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!"

Yeah, that is indeed a very mature thing to do :D
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-05-29 22:00:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
This is the original post for anyone interested (also quoted lower down on page 1):

http://eve-search.com/thread/483098-1

Soon to be 2-star General with time on their his to complain about the physics of a computer game and try to pull rank on CCP and the community. The mighty in society, really are no different it seems, but I pity the poor soldiers that potentially rely on the decisions of the OP for their life.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#23 - 2016-05-29 22:49:00 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:
Funny thing is, what I said is true on all fronts - I understand the immaturity of most players - its common for kids to act this way actually.
It's also common for kids to delete their OP and run away to hide from all the people that disagree with their stupid post.

Kettle...pot...you know the rest.

Mr Epeen Cool
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#24 - 2016-05-29 23:02:21 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:
First of all, I am a US Army Colonel soon to be promoted to a 2-star general.
Kindly stop asking me to accept you as a skype contact.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Pix Severus
Empty You
#25 - 2016-05-29 23:05:41 UTC
Looks like this 2-star general just got outranked by a bunch of 5-star forum warriors.

I know who I'll be saluting.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#26 - 2016-05-29 23:27:16 UTC
I am shocked and appalled.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Morgan Agrivar
Doomheim
#27 - 2016-05-30 00:09:06 UTC
OP isn't as hardcore as me. I served in two branches of the US military. Boo-yeah!

And besides, with my military experience, I have always found that military officers are egotistical and arrogant individuals who would ruin an enlisted man's career over their deflated ego.

"Don't call me sir, I work for a living." - Chief Petty Officer to me when I called him sir my first day
Giaus Felix
Doomheim
#28 - 2016-05-30 00:15:52 UTC
Morgan Agrivar wrote:
I have always found that military officers are egotistical and arrogant individuals who would ruin an enlisted man's career over their deflated ego.
That's true of most, the decent ruperts tend to be those who work their way up through the ranks.

Quote:
"Don't call me sir, I work for a living." - Chief Petty Officer to me when I called him sir my first day
Heh some things are universal, no matter the service branch or the nation.

I came for the spaceships, I stayed for the tears.

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#29 - 2016-05-30 01:37:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
"Don't call me 'sir.' My parents are married." -The way I heard it said-

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#30 - 2016-05-30 02:21:52 UTC
-2/5
W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2016-05-30 02:42:20 UTC
My full bird was a ****. He wasnt happy about being put in charge of vehicle maintenance and he took it out on everyone. Most the brass where self involved douche bags honestly. Thought they where better then everyone. Even the enlisted people that went to college who they asked for help all the time. So I can second the validity of this. Not all mind you, just most.

I still cant get over some one saying they are full bird Colonel and getting promoted to Major General completely skipping over Brigadier General commenting on the EVE forums. You have any idea how much dedication is required to make any rank of General let alone to skip a rank? (wich just doesn't happen unless its posthumous) without being a golden boy only second to Jesus Christ himself? I mean Ive heard stories of it.. but it just doesnt happen.

So you are that high ranking and that much of a golden boy and still have enough time to play EVE? That alone raised a red flag for me. Someone like that wouldn't have time for video games regardless. Hell I have girlfriend and a job I dont bring home and it makes it hard.

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#32 - 2016-05-30 04:23:54 UTC
W33b3l wrote:
... it makes it hard.

Giggety.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#33 - 2016-05-30 05:01:10 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
Looks like this 2-star general just got outranked by a bunch of 5-star forum warriors.

I know who I'll be saluting.

/thread
Solonius Rex
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2016-05-30 05:26:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Solonius Rex
KodiakR6 wrote:
Funny thing is, what I said is true on all fronts - I understand the immaturity of most players - its common for kids to act this way actually.

Funny thing is, this is a video game. Do you go around posting on the Activision forums telling them that their Call of Duty game is not very real, and that real soldiers do not heal from bullet wounds by standing behind objects for 10 seconds? That soldiers do not respawn once they die?

Guess what else isnt real. There are no such thing as spaceships. Or faster than light travel. Or sheilds. Funny thing is, what i mentioned here is true on all fronts, too. Since you seemed to have missed this, id be happy to let you call me on skype so that i can explain how the majority of the things in EVE online dont actually exist in real life.

If youre looking for reality in a video game, sorry to say, but you wont find any video game that is 100% in accordance with reality. Why? Because reality is boring. Reality is cumbersome. Reality is too real and complex and difficult.

And the fact that people pointed this out to you, but you chose to dismiss it all as "PROBLEM: Rude people", shows that you are just a kid who cant take criticism.

You want real? Go outside. Its as real as it gets.

Come back when youve matured enough to have some fun.

PS. BTW, Im actually a republican nominee and front runner for the president of the united states of america. You can bet your ass that when im president, YOURE FIRED.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#35 - 2016-05-30 05:36:03 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:

"people on the internet don't with me such children "

go back to twitter
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#36 - 2016-05-30 06:23:06 UTC
KodiakR6 wrote:

"2 star general" who can't take a little bit of heat. Must be very desperate that army of yours.
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#37 - 2016-05-30 06:25:30 UTC
Pak Narhoo wrote:
"2 star general" who can't take a little bit of heat. Must be very desperate that army of yours.

Does he mean 2-star General in RL, or Call Of Duty?

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Valkin Mordirc
#38 - 2016-05-30 07:33:56 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
Pak Narhoo wrote:

Does he mean 2-star General in RL, or Call Of Duty?

The best part is he is (apparently) an "O6" he completely skipped O7 and is jumping right into O8. Lol

#DeleteTheWeak
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#39 - 2016-05-30 09:49:36 UTC
Wow, this thread delivers
Deck Cadelanne
CAStabouts
#40 - 2016-05-30 09:54:41 UTC
Xayder wrote:
KodiakR6 wrote:
First of all, I am a US Army Colonel soon to be promoted to a 2-star general. .

stopped reading just there

Indeed.

No, KodiakR6, you are not.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional."

- Hunter S. Thompson