These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minimising all Windows (Removed/Bugged)

Author
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#1 - 2016-05-29 19:44:38 UTC
Has anyone else noticed that when minimising all windows it now seems to hide all windows instead of minimising.

I could be missing something, but it appears that this feature has been removed or has become bugged in the last month or so.

I used to have minimise all windows assigned to a hotkey, and after one of the updates this hotkey was no longer bound, and when trying to re-add the command to the 'minimise windows' command it now hides all windows instead.

I can understand if CCP removed this feature as I am sure it isn't used by that many people, although I have found it very useful when using a small display myself.

So basically I'm wondering was this feature stealth removed, has become bugged, or has there been any documentation from CCP that they would be discontinuing with it.

I will submit a bug report or feedback in the relevant thread, but just wanted to see if anyone else had information or has experienced similar initially.

(To explain more clearly, minimising windows should leave all windows minimised as if you double clicked the top of the window, whereas hiding windows is equivalent to pressing the "-" sign on all of the open windows which isn't as useful)
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-05-29 19:50:00 UTC
I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes, but that would be the place to look. Just the last couple of releases.

If it's not in the patch notes, it could point to a bug and would be worth reporting just in case CCP aren't aware of it.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#3 - 2016-05-29 20:00:54 UTC
Shae Tadaruwa wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes, but that would be the place to look. Just the last couple of releases.

If it's not in the patch notes, it could point to a bug and would be worth reporting just in case CCP aren't aware of it.

Yes I did check through all the patch notes from the last two months and saw no mention of this change. Seems as though it is possibly a bug then.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2016-05-30 03:36:09 UTC
You mean "Tab"?

Yeah, that got removed a while ago. Reasoning was indicated that CCP felt too many newbros were hitting that button and thinking they were seeing a bugged UI.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Stephan Scarsdale
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-05-30 08:45:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Stephan Scarsdale
Sobaan Tali wrote:
You mean "Tab"?

Yeah, that got removed a while ago. Reasoning was indicated that CCP felt too many newbros were hitting that button and thinking they were seeing a bugged UI.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

This was broken at some point in January. I filed a bug report and it was never answered:
EBR-68531: TAB functionality broken

If this was done DELIBERATELY then I'm beyond words. It's baffling. This UI team is putting hundreds of work to make the game WORSE. It's been a disaster in the last year+. The new map is atrocious and doesn't even have half of the functionality and readability of the old one, they messed with the camera and now DISABLED the old one, they made a mess with the fonts and scaling without fixing them, the tactical overlay used to draw full spheres for the range of weapons, now just completely useless flat circles, they make the UI colors and control utterly worse, and on and on. Every thing they touch is a mess.

Now you tell me that because some guy complained a function was confusing they decided to remove it? And without even a mention in the patch notes?

WHAT!?

Was it too hard to UNBIND it by default so that those people wouldn't use it accidentally? What the hell is the logic that makes them REMOVE an useful function that people use?

It's just utterly baffling and there's no excuse to this kind of practice. Who the hell is leading the UI team? How is possible to have made things go so downhill for such a long time without any correction?
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#6 - 2016-05-30 12:39:13 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
You mean "Tab"?

Yes exactly ^ I thought I had bound the key to tab myself although I've used it for so long that I can't remember how exactly it was setup.

I found it to be a very useful command when needing to quickly get a full screen view of the map/scanning interface or just simply a better overview of everything on screen.

I don't understand how it would have caused confusion as you can still see the interface as all of the windows are still minimised unlike when hiding windows or hiding the interface completely.

Unfortunately there is nothing I have found to replace it as hiding windows is laggy and also seems to reset the contents of all the chat windows, and hiding the interface removes all the interface elements completely which is only good for cinematic screenshots or videos.

Do you have any link to the CCP statement on this Sobaan?