These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

citadels and downtime?

Author
Gustav Mannfred
Row Row Fight the Power
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2016-05-28 16:01:14 UTC
Just wondering if it is possibile to use downtime to make the citadels harder to attack:

1. Anchoring a citadel about 5 seconds before the downtime begins: A citadel needs 24h to anchor and then another 15 min to get online. If I start anchoring it about 5 seconds before the server shut down for DT, the citadel finishes anchoring the next day 5 seconds before dt. The 15 min online timer will be during downtime; does the citadel actually online during downtime or does it only start after the downtime end?

2. setting vulnerability hours into the downtime hour(obviously only for the astrahus and fortizar): This actually removes 15 mins of vulnerability time, as the servers will be offline then? Does that make it harder to kill citadels?

I do not own any citadels, just wondering if that tactic works

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2016-05-28 16:04:45 UTC
Gustav Mannfred wrote:
Just wondering if it is possibile to use downtime to make the citadels harder to attack:
If it is possible. It was figured out well before they ever went live and most of us were not told about it.

The last thing you will see in this game is people announcing their edge.

Mr Epeen Cool
Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#3 - 2016-05-28 16:14:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Honk
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#4 - 2016-05-29 03:59:45 UTC
I think your best option would be to start a vulnerability window at the same time as DT. This means the window will be partially over when the servers come live. With the short duration of DT you won't be saving yourself much time though.

KL
Tialano Utrigas
Caldari Minutemen
#5 - 2016-05-29 18:51:13 UTC
CCP have already stated that any vulnerability and repair timers are paused for the duration of downtime so as to make it a redundant factor when deciding on the anchoring and vulnerability times.
W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-05-29 19:02:59 UTC
As soon as i learned about the mechanics i knew that if i ever anchored one that ide have the vulnerability window at downtime or close to it since the citadel would start the timer as the servers came online but players have to manually log in. Sure im not the only one thats thought of using downtime to an advantage.
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-05-30 09:54:15 UTC
anchor citadel at 10:40 eve time; it can't be killed during vulnerability in 24h (takes 24-30m to kill and downtime is in 20m.)
Then set vulnerability to downtime.
This should work :)
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-05-31 10:52:33 UTC
Aaron Honk wrote:
It's not possible, CCP thought about it. When the citadel is in repair mode (15 minutes) and downtime happen, the timer reset to 0 after downtime ends. So it's actually harder to place your vulnerability around downtime.

What he said ^

the timer resets after DT. So you would have to deal with another 15 mins of vunerability.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |