These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

How to fix the skillpoint inflation problem: Dailies and podding

Author
Lathael
Liga der aussergewoehnlichen Tattergreise
#41 - 2016-05-27 22:42:14 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
There are so few true -10ers in the world (http://eveboard.com/fullranks/50-lowest-security-status) it's just not worth giving up our highly coveted status as the elite of the elite for a few measly skillpoints each day. Thanks but no thanks, you'd have done better to make it interactions with players rather than rats. With that in mind I have come up with a way to undo the damage being done by dailies, while at the same time showing your commitment to not being a sheep, instead being one of the elite wolves.

Kill every t3 you find.

When you die in a T3 you lose 1 rank the subsystem highest skill (people usually have them at V, but I've found people running round with it all at lvl I before). Let's assume it's a V skill for now. All the subsystem skills are rank 1, so that's 210k sp to get from rank IV to V.

If you commit to killing 1 t3 cruiser every 21 days (per account), you'll be doing your part to fight skillpoint inflation, having destroyed 21 days worth of SP from dailies. If you kill more, you'll be doing the economy a favour and making your own sp even more valuable.

If you don't hunt t3's (also accepting skillpoint injector kills where the loot fairy takes the injector) then you have no right to complain.


The mechanic of current t3 bc is under review by CCP and may change in the future.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#42 - 2016-05-27 23:39:20 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
You know this could end up being a gateway to having to actually do the things you skill for in order to build SP for it.


Yes, that's what I'm worried about.



We must never forget Malcanis' Law.

When you running for CSM again?

Just kidding.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#43 - 2016-05-27 23:43:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Yang Aurilen
Malcanis for CSM!
Logic and Rationality must come back with him talking down idiots with facts and detailed analysis of why they are stupid!

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2016-05-28 00:06:33 UTC
Vol Arm'OOO wrote:


Just for the record that doesnt seem to be a real list of all the folk who are minus 10. None of my alliancemates are on it and we are all -10 or close to it. As for myself, i'm -.99 - I just cant seem to get over that last little bit no matter how many people I shoot in the face.


There's rounded down to -10, and there's -10 to down to 14 decimal places.

The former is rather easy, a day of podding or a couple of disco's in jita will do it. The latter is the mark of a pvp god.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#45 - 2016-05-28 02:20:19 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Why did SP inflation become a problem now but wasn't before? Each day, even if every single account get their daily done, more SP is created out of thin air adding to the already large pool of total SP in the game by regular passive training than by the opportunity payout. Why didn't people cry about inflation back then?


People did complain. When the training skills were removed and everyone was given increased attribute points people brought up how that was going to increase the number of SP being introduced into the game. Quite a few people did not train the learning skills to max due to the long payoff time of around 2 years. When the playing field was leveled and everyone had the same amount of attribute points that greatly increased the amount of available SP in the game. It also helped to create the issue that we have today of so many older pilots having lots more SP than the newer pilots.

Had CCP not removed learning skills and not increased everyone's attribute points we would have an overall less amount of SP in the game today. There would still be the elite few that have max learning and max implants for max SP gain but the majority of the player base would have less SP overall and the gap between newb and average player would be smaller.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#46 - 2016-05-28 08:48:58 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
You know this could end up being a gateway to having to actually do the things you skill for in order to build SP for it.


Yes, that's what I'm worried about.



We must never forget Malcanis' Law.

When you running for CSM again?

Just kidding.



It's "from", not 'for'.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#47 - 2016-05-28 09:18:35 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
...There's rounded down to -10, and there's -10 to down to 14 decimal places.

The former is rather easy, a day of podding or a couple of disco's in jita will do it. The latter is the mark of a pvp god.



That made my weekend.. You almost have an idea what a good pvper is.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#48 - 2016-05-28 13:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
There are so few true -10ers in the world (http://eveboard.com/fullranks/50-lowest-security-status) it's just not worth giving up our highly coveted status as the elite of the elite for a few measly skillpoints each day. Thanks but no thanks, you'd have done better to make it interactions with players rather than rats. With that in mind I have come up with a way to undo the damage being done by dailies, while at the same time showing your commitment to not being a sheep, instead being one of the elite wolves.

Kill every t3 you find.

When you die in a T3 you lose 1 rank the subsystem highest skill (people usually have them at V, but I've found people running round with it all at lvl I before). Let's assume it's a V skill for now. All the subsystem skills are rank 1, so that's 210k sp to get from rank IV to V.

If you commit to killing 1 t3 cruiser every 21 days (per account), you'll be doing your part to fight skillpoint inflation, having destroyed 21 days worth of SP from dailies. If you kill more, you'll be doing the economy a favour and making your own sp even more valuable.

If you don't hunt t3's (also accepting skillpoint injector kills where the loot fairy takes the injector) then you have no right to complain.
LOL. I don't recall. Did anyone ask you? Thanks for the personal information, just the same.
Can't have too much digital detritus it seems.

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#49 - 2016-05-28 15:29:02 UTC
Quote:
How to fix the skillpoint inflation problem:
I'm scratching my head, here. As far as I can tell, there is no problem. One random saying there's a problem does not mean it is one.

Mr Epeen Cool
Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2016-05-29 03:33:30 UTC
Similarly, one person denying the problem won't make it go away, and the guy that claimed extractors helped, is wrong, they hurt too. Sure they turn 500k to 400k or less. But that's 500k of useless SP to 400k of useful SP. It's a net gain in terms of utility, as the players involved are concerned, else they'd not do it.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Revman Zim
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#51 - 2016-05-29 05:29:57 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
Similarly, one person denying the problem won't make it go away, and the guy that claimed extractors helped, is wrong, they hurt too. Sure they turn 500k to 400k or less. But that's 500k of useless SP to 400k of useful SP. It's a net gain in terms of utility, as the players involved are concerned, else they'd not do it.


I think you are making assumptions on what is useful and useless. Without metrics on WHICH skills are being extracted and injected your statement has no merit. Skill points are valuable no matter where they reside.

It is a statement of fact that the extractor/injector system removes SP from the game.
Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2016-05-29 06:52:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tisiphone Dira
If they were more (note the comparative) valuable where they were, more than where they ended up, the extraction:
/ injection would not have happened.

I'm making no assumptions or judgements about the value of one skill relative to another. The people extracting and injecting have already made that decision, I don't need to know WHICH skills they have done it with. I already said that it appears to remove sp, on the surface. When we add value considerations however, tge amount of useful sp is increasing as a result of this change.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#53 - 2016-05-29 07:57:09 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
...When we add value considerations however, tge amount of useful sp is increasing as a result of this change.
LOL. (So typical of you.) When "we" add your delusion to "our" thinking we see things your way. IFTFY.

You extract half a million. Your injector contains 300K. That's a loss of 200K. I bet your math teachers loved you. Big smile

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2016-05-29 08:35:40 UTC
My economics professor loves me

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Coralas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-05-29 15:09:19 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
Similarly, one person denying the problem won't make it go away, and the guy that claimed extractors helped, is wrong, they hurt too. Sure they turn 500k to 400k or less. But that's 500k of useless SP to 400k of useful SP. It's a net gain in terms of utility, as the players involved are concerned, else they'd not do it.


The useful skillpoints would generally be moved to younger characters. Which is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I myself have 4.7m of SP, and I've earned enough isk with this character to inject 2.5m of those skill points.

Reality is most players sub to the game for less than a year, and the new system lets them if they so desire, do more things in the game within that time (which should actually lead to longer, not shorter subs).

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-05-29 18:24:41 UTC
OP could Biomass and get quite a lot of SP out of the complete pool if he/she think it's important to reduce the total amount of SP in the game. Can even buy character from the bazaar just to Biomass their useful SP back into thin air.
Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2016-05-30 05:50:24 UTC
Except that I'm going to be huntings t3s now, like being carbon neutral, I can have SP so long as I offset it with ethical kills.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#58 - 2016-05-30 06:18:02 UTC
Can't see the problem, vets like me are using it to improve our alts, 5h 30m of SP is not to be sniffed at in terms of alt development

Do you seriously need additional entitlements to go blap a bling fitted mission Tengu, I have to wonder about you CODE chaps and chappets...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2016-05-30 11:07:27 UTC
What entitlements? Huh? I'm stating what I WILL be doing to help the economy, I'm not asking for anything from CCP. I'm just asking other who share my concerns to join me in this noble endeavour. If you want to destroy the environment or economy, I suppose that's your right, I'm just here trying to do the right thing.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#60 - 2016-05-30 11:22:04 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
What entitlements? Huh? I'm stating what I WILL be doing to help the economy, I'm not asking for anything from CCP. I'm just asking other who share my concerns to join me in this noble endeavour. If you want to destroy the environment or economy, I suppose that's your right, I'm just here trying to do the right thing.


Sorry, I should have said "reasons", but please continue, its a step up I guess.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp