These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Poll: Want the ability Carrier with Drones back, or improve Fighters.

First post
Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#21 - 2016-05-23 06:02:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
O.o i lost one a week ago against a goon gang i would hardly call that a good test of what they can do. and there was no ECM involved.

what i do know is they do far less dps than a dread with HAW are much easier to shut down are far more expensive to feild and can't kill anything that has a decent tank if logi is on field.

you can also go look and see my opinion on them has only slightly changed since they were on sisi and it has gone from "my god they are under-powered" to " okay they are decent but there are very few things they do better than other cheaper ships"
darkneko
Come And Get Your Love
#22 - 2016-05-23 07:33:27 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

what i do know is they do far less dps than a dread with HAW are much easier to shut down are far more expensive to feild and can't kill anything that has a decent tank if logi is on field.

This is a good point espically since carriers no longer have a login role you can't just bring along one friend in a basi or other carrier to rep with. It's hard to see where they fit in to a fleet now.
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#23 - 2016-05-23 07:38:25 UTC
when did CCP give us something back, we wanted?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#24 - 2016-05-23 07:41:24 UTC
darkneko wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

This is a good point espically since carriers no longer have a login role you can't just bring along one friend in a basi or other carrier to rep with. It's hard to see where they fit in to a fleet now.

oh i also forgot a dread can swap to anti capital if you are counter dropped a carrier just has to sit there and look dumb when a few dreads cyno in
Lugh Crow-Slave
#25 - 2016-05-23 07:42:12 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:

... we uhh can have music back out of hs now.... that counts right?
darkneko
Come And Get Your Love
#26 - 2016-05-23 07:42:52 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:

Personally I don't want anything back just a balance to what was taken. Like one more support squad would be perfect so you could Web and scram at least.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#27 - 2016-05-23 08:12:24 UTC
darkneko wrote:
Robert Caldera wrote:

Personally I don't want anything back just a balance to what was taken. Like one more support squad would be perfect so you could Web and scram at least.

except support fighters are kinda crap

the ecm ones are a joke

the neut one is okayish

and a wep+point should be covered by your support fleet.

now if capitals got an extra support fighter + a bonus to the strengths of all fighters (not just racial) then maybe

another option is give them local e-war boost modulus (like the projected ones on suppers) and give them local bonuses to their racial type. this would also show a progression in the class from carrier to supper

but overall i don't think carriers are all that weak again the issue is everything they do now is done better by something else E-war would just give them a way to further differentiate themselves
Eve Serie7
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2016-05-23 09:48:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Serie7
Petrified wrote:
I'm sorry, what is the problem with carriers not being able to use drones?

I am enjoying the fighters along with the finer control I have over fighters. So... convince me why drones are better than fighters?

1. - Belongs to Situation Drones can be better. e.G. :) our PVE Stuff (AutoAggro).

2. - Fighters are much more expensive 3Mill+ per Fighter // 500k per Drone.

3. - in addition Fighters cost more ISK the are weaker check 'augumented Ogre II' with Drone Rigs.

4. - ... so on at least you have to improve here fighters or something give them struct, armor and resists.

Xercodo wrote:
A change should be made because it has a reason to be made, not because it's popular. Give logical reasoning for it first.

- What about RepairDrones, other big reason :) also Fighter die really fast according to their Price.
Eve Serie7
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2016-05-23 09:56:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Serie7
ISD
Lugh Crow-Slave
#30 - 2016-05-23 10:26:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Eve Serie7 wrote:
Petrified wrote:

I am enjoying the fighters along with the finer control I have over fighters. So... convince me why drones are better than fighters?

1. - Belongs to Situation Drones can be better. e.G. :) our PVE Stuff (AutoAggro).

3. - in addition Fighters cost more ISK the are weaker check 'augumented Ogre II' with Drone Rigs.

4. - ... so on at least you have to improve here fighters or something give them struct, armor and resists.

Xercodo wrote:
A change should be made because it has a reason to be made, not because it's popular. Give logical reasoning for it first.

- What about RepairDrones, other big reason :) also Fighter die really fast according to their Price.

1 to bad for your pve they were breaking pvp also you can insta lock now so you don't need auto agro just don't go afk

2 they are far to expensive and you are closer going with 81M vs 2.5 mill (full flight vs full flight)

3 fighters have more HP particularly with FSUs and the drone rigs work on them as well

4 no the fact that it is all in shield gives them more tank as it gives them better HP/s

yes fighters are far to easy to kill for how much they cost.

the cost is again compounded with the carrier hull having the same cost as a dread. meaning carriers are now more expensive to field than dreads.

but these are issues to adress with fighters and not reasons to give carriers back drones
Eve Serie7
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2016-05-23 10:44:40 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

but these are issues to adress with fighters and not reasons to give carriers back drones

Atm we have 30% familier with these Changes only ~8% want some improvments now.
around 60% percent want the Option to use Drone or Fighters according to their situation.
To be free and not in a single role.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#32 - 2016-05-23 10:57:47 UTC
Eve Serie7 wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Atm we have 30% familier with these Changes only ~8% want some improvments now.
around 60% percent want the Option to use Drone or Fighters according to their situation.
To be free and not in a single role.

I'm sure they were broken beyond belief in pvp who wouldn't want those back
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#33 - 2016-05-23 23:40:13 UTC
Fill drone bay with 15 fighters and 1000 medium drones. Laugh at everyone.
darkneko
Come And Get Your Love
#34 - 2016-05-24 02:14:41 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

You can't do this anymore. No more drones for carriers.
Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#35 - 2016-05-24 03:22:55 UTC
darkneko wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

You can't do this anymore. No more drones for carriers.

I realise this. I was reminiscing about old carriers. I loved dumpng a hundred drones on someone.
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#36 - 2016-05-26 03:32:03 UTC
Eve Serie7 wrote:
Petrified wrote:

1 - I find PvE in a Carrier much, much easier with the new fighter mechanics than with drones. Auto-Aggro is an odd duck, on one hand it is convenient, on the other, annoying (ECM pilot wise).

2 - If the cost is an issue, it is not a reason to bring drones back to carriers, just a decent argument to either improve fighters or lower their cost.

3 - see 2.

4 - see 2.

A Networked Sensor Array + one scripted Sensor Booster is a lovely thing. Great in PvP and PvE.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Eve Serie7
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2016-05-26 14:57:36 UTC
Petrified wrote:
A Networked Sensor Array + one scripted Sensor Booster is a lovely thing. Great in PvP and PvE.

+1
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#38 - 2016-05-26 17:50:29 UTC
Eve Serie7 wrote:
Petrified wrote:

+1

-2 to you, bowlcut

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lugh Crow-Slave
#39 - 2016-05-26 17:52:19 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Eve Serie7 wrote:
Petrified wrote:

+1

-2 to you, bowlcut

better than you glasses Lol
Eve Serie7
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2016-05-28 10:23:55 UTC
199 poll squeezer
Previous page123Next page