These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

ehhh

First post
Author
Maekchu
Doomheim
#21 - 2016-05-19 07:33:47 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
john sasha wrote:
And in this weak the troll strikes back!

Not even sure who you are referring to here. Is it you or me that is a troll? And if I'm the troll, are you then the weak? I mean, it does make sense, considering you are afraid of AFK cloakies.

But anyway, you got me gooooooood brah. Like reeaaaaaal gooooooood.


So says a player who operates in cheap ships only, go on get in a Vargur or something like that and show us how real men do it against cloaky AFK campers.

So I enjoy solo frigate PvP, what does that have to do with anything? Yes, it is so much more manly to whore on code suicide ganks... Uuuuuuuu... So pro... So much wow... Teach me your ways master.

On a more serious note, I have done quite some ratting in lowsec for tags and encountered my share of cloaky cynoes. Do you want to know how I manage not to get caught? I fly fast ships and just don't get tackled. It's pretty easy...

But yes, it is even easier to come to the forums and whine.


Until you go use a Vargur to do stuff in low sec you are just a wannabe whiner trying to talk big on the forums, pathetic...

Why a Vargur in particular? How about a Revenant?

I'm sorry my kb is not as pro as yours. I'll immediately jump into some big ship and whore on some CODE gankers. I simply cannot live without your respect.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#22 - 2016-05-19 07:43:06 UTC
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:

Not even sure who you are referring to here. Is it you or me that is a troll? And if I'm the troll, are you then the weak? I mean, it does make sense, considering you are afraid of AFK cloakies.

But anyway, you got me gooooooood brah. Like reeaaaaaal gooooooood.


So says a player who operates in cheap ships only, go on get in a Vargur or something like that and show us how real men do it against cloaky AFK campers.

So I enjoy solo frigate PvP, what does that have to do with anything? Yes, it is so much more manly to whore on code suicide ganks... Uuuuuuuu... So pro... So much wow... Teach me your ways master.

On a more serious note, I have done quite some ratting in lowsec for tags and encountered my share of cloaky cynoes. Do you want to know how I manage not to get caught? I fly fast ships and just don't get tackled. It's pretty easy...

But yes, it is even easier to come to the forums and whine.


Until you go use a Vargur to do stuff in low sec you are just a wannabe whiner trying to talk big on the forums, pathetic...

Why a Vargur in particular? How about a Revenant?

I'm sorry my kb is not as pro as yours. I'll immediately jump into some big ship and whore on some CODE gankers. I simply cannot live without your respect.


In fact lets ask you something very direct, why are you who does the most interesting in your face PvP in the game defending the most lazy PvP in the game, the irony is stunning.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Maekchu
Doomheim
#23 - 2016-05-19 07:52:22 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:

In fact lets ask you something very direct, why are you who does the most interesting in your face PvP in the game defending the most lazy PvP in the game, the irony is stunning.

I'm actually pretty indifferent towards ganking. But let me guess, you are one of those AG guys?

The reason why I even mentioned it, was because you started comparing e-peens, obviously thrashing my KB just because, in your eyes, my kb containing only cheap ships can only be trash (not that my kb is great, but who gives a damn about kb... Oh wait, you do). So given your big words, I figured I'd see an AMAZING kb. And truly... whoring on concord kills is AMAZING!!!
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#24 - 2016-05-19 08:00:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Dracvlad
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

In fact lets ask you something very direct, why are you who does the most interesting in your face PvP in the game defending the most lazy PvP in the game, the irony is stunning.

I'm actually pretty indifferent towards ganking. But let me guess, you are one of those AG guys?

The reason why I even mentioned it, was because you started comparing e-peens, obviously thrashing my KB just because, in your eyes, my kb containing only cheap ships can only be trash (not that my kb is great, but who gives a damn about kb... Oh wait, you do). So given your big words, I figured I'd see an AMAZING kb. And truly... whoring on concord kills is AMAZING!!!


Actually I did not trash your KB, all I did was point out the difference between you and the OP in terms of ships you put at risk, and you quite rightly pointed out being able to get out fast as important. Your KB is fine and you play in what I found as a fun arena, which can be ruined by blobbing in combat recons. Old players do have multiple accounts you know and I have done what you are doing, just not on this character and yes this character has done AG stuff, which is more challenging then ganking by the way.

You see you could only really get into his shoes if you were operating in a Vargur or something like that.

But what I find interesting is you who does the most fun in your face PvP defending lazy people who plonk a toon into space, then check the screen while playing other games then sees something active logs on stuff and kills it execution style,.

What you do is fun fast and gives a hell of a rush, did I knock what you did or your killboard, I simply pointed out that until you put serious assets at risk against this type of thing you really are whining about someone whining.

EDIT: The key thing is the challenge, what you call CONCORD whoring is a race to kill them before CONCORD does it, the gankers hate it when you kill them without CONCORD. Another aspect of that is removing DPS by ECM or neuting them, or just repping up their target, it is kind of a race and can be fun. But call it CONCORD whoring if you want, no skin off my nose Big smile

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Terquil
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2016-05-19 08:14:05 UTC
to make it short:

- Flag in local as afk is ok and guess it helps you nullbears
- fuel is a very bad idea for us wormholers...
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#26 - 2016-05-19 08:21:46 UTC
Terquil wrote:
to make it short:

- Flag in local as afk is ok and guess it helps you nullbears
- fuel is a very bad idea for us wormholers...


The objective I had was to stop people who leave their character logged in to interact with people while at work or asleep. The suggestion could of course be used against people by an active player, but I am perfectly fine with that. It really works as an intel tool to enable people to correctly assess the risk faster and does not enable people to be rewarded by lazy AFK play.

Thanks for your reply on this idea I appreciate it, to me you are a reasoned poster, which is what these forums need.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Maekchu
Doomheim
#27 - 2016-05-19 08:23:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Maekchu
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

In fact lets ask you something very direct, why are you who does the most interesting in your face PvP in the game defending the most lazy PvP in the game, the irony is stunning.

I'm actually pretty indifferent towards ganking. But let me guess, you are one of those AG guys?

The reason why I even mentioned it, was because you started comparing e-peens, obviously thrashing my KB just because, in your eyes, my kb containing only cheap ships can only be trash (not that my kb is great, but who gives a damn about kb... Oh wait, you do). So given your big words, I figured I'd see an AMAZING kb. And truly... whoring on concord kills is AMAZING!!!


Actually I did not trash your KB, all I did was point out the difference between you and the OP in terms of ships you put at risk, and you quite rightly pointed out being able to get out fast as important. Your KB is fine and you play in what I found as a fun arena, which can be ruined by blobbing in combat recons. Old players do have multiple accounts you know and I have done what you are doing, just not on this character and yes this character has done AG stuff, which is more challenging then ganking by the way.

You see you could only really get into his shoes if you were operating in a Vargur or something like that.

But what I find interesting is you who does the most fun in your face PvP defending lazy people who plonk a toon into space, then check the screen while playing other games then sees something active logs on stuff and kills it execution style,.

What you do is fun fast and gives a hell of a rush, did I knock what you did or your killboard, I simply pointed out that until you put serious assets at risk against this type of thing you really are whining about someone whining.

See, if I actually would fly around in expensive ships. Then I would understand or at least research how to use them efficiently. Tag ratting is really not that efficient using a Vargur, when it can be done in a 10M Thrasher. But let's say, I was doing lvl4s in lowsec. I'm pretty sure you could use a Vargur for that. So if I use my dscan properly, I would never be caught doing a mission site, since people get decloaked when they have to use the acceleration gate. And moving between systems is really not where a cloaky afk'er would pose a threat.

So how about ratting and doing anomalies in nullsec? Yes, here a cloaky poses a slightly bigger threat. I really don't know what fitting is needed so don't know how mobile these ships are, but I for sure would have some backup ready. Otherwise, I could research the cheapest options that can rat in null and just accept the risk as an additional cost. Those are the things, I know I would consider. But I'm sure that there are some material on the net, since I know people say that ratting in null can be done rather safely, even with the "big" threat of afk cloakers.

So yes, you could consider this as whining. I whine about people coming to the forums and spamming about none-issues.

You say this is lazy PvP, but one could argue that ratting is equally lazy PvE. From what I gather, it does not really require much involvement either. Also, if someone is truly AFK and cloaked, then they pose no threat at all by definition. You cannot lock and shoot someone, if you are not at the keyboard. The reason AFK cloakers are even an issue, is because people are too risk-averse and get easily spooked, or are not willing to adapt and come to the forums to whine instead.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#28 - 2016-05-19 08:41:19 UTC
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:
Maekchu wrote:
Dracvlad wrote:

In fact lets ask you something very direct, why are you who does the most interesting in your face PvP in the game defending the most lazy PvP in the game, the irony is stunning.

I'm actually pretty indifferent towards ganking. But let me guess, you are one of those AG guys?

The reason why I even mentioned it, was because you started comparing e-peens, obviously thrashing my KB just because, in your eyes, my kb containing only cheap ships can only be trash (not that my kb is great, but who gives a damn about kb... Oh wait, you do). So given your big words, I figured I'd see an AMAZING kb. And truly... whoring on concord kills is AMAZING!!!


Actually I did not trash your KB, all I did was point out the difference between you and the OP in terms of ships you put at risk, and you quite rightly pointed out being able to get out fast as important. Your KB is fine and you play in what I found as a fun arena, which can be ruined by blobbing in combat recons. Old players do have multiple accounts you know and I have done what you are doing, just not on this character and yes this character has done AG stuff, which is more challenging then ganking by the way.

You see you could only really get into his shoes if you were operating in a Vargur or something like that.

But what I find interesting is you who does the most fun in your face PvP defending lazy people who plonk a toon into space, then check the screen while playing other games then sees something active logs on stuff and kills it execution style,.

What you do is fun fast and gives a hell of a rush, did I knock what you did or your killboard, I simply pointed out that until you put serious assets at risk against this type of thing you really are whining about someone whining.

See, if I actually would fly around in expensive ships. Then I would understand or at least research how to use them efficiently. Tag ratting is really not that efficient using a Vargur, when it can be done in a 10M Thrasher. But let's say, I was doing lvl4s in lowsec. I'm pretty sure you could use a Vargur for that. So if I use my dscan properly, I would never be caught doing a mission site, since people get decloaked when they have to use the acceleration gate. And moving between systems is really not where a cloaky afk'er would pose a threat.

So how about ratting and doing anomalies in nullsec? Yes, here a cloaky poses a slightly bigger threat. I really don't know what fitting is needed so don't know how mobile these ships are, but I for sure would have some backup ready. Otherwise, I could research the cheapest options that can rat in null and just accept the risk as an additional cost. Those are the things, I know I would consider. But I'm sure that there are some material on the net, since I know people say that ratting in null can be done rather safely, even with the "big" threat of afk cloakers.

So yes, you could consider this as whining. I whine about people coming to the forums and spamming about none-issues.

You say this is lazy PvP, but one could argue that ratting is equally lazy PvE. From what I gather, it does not really require much involvement either. Also, if someone is truly AFK and cloaked, then they pose no threat at all by definition. You cannot lock and shoot someone, if you are not at the keyboard. The reason AFK cloakers are even an issue, is because people are too risk-averse and get easily spooked. Or are not willing to adapt and come to the forums to whine instead.


Actually its level 5's and anomalies in lowsec, but the gates is a key thing, remember you are however using a bastion module, this has to be worked into your risk assessment.

You are now thnking about it which is better than whining about someone whining and trolling them, I have actually tried to kill BLOP's fleets, its damn difficult, one whiff of a threat and they don't drop, it is rather frustrating, its not really that easy and I suggest that at some point in your Eve life you try it.

You are quite correct that jumping in cheaper ships and working as a team to rat and get the ADM's up is a good way, I have done that.

You say risk adverse, come on being in null sec means he is not risk adverse and they are putting serious assets on the line against what tend to be the most risk adverse players in the game. I talk from experience that the BLOP's players will not drop if they have any risk. I have moved systems I have done all that, have you been blanket cloaky camped before, I guess not, have you had a large NCDOT BLOP's gang ready to drop on you in those systems too, I have. It is not risk adverse its suicide.

The issue to me is simply that people who are AFK are actually interacting with the game while AFK, that is the real meat and bones of the issue and it is not a non-issue, do you think that these lazy people who do that are really worthy of the support of a real PvP player like yourself. Until there is an AFK flag then how the hell do you know if he is really AFK and if he is not at least that will reward someone who is playing.

AFk ratting in an Ishtar is lazy, not PVE as a whole.

But thanks for a more reasoned post, that was better.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#29 - 2016-05-19 11:46:36 UTC
john sasha wrote:
There needs to be a counter to cloaky campers. Like fuel required to cloak. Really tired of not being able to play eve cause a camping cloacker. Please come up with a counter to this problem. Its very easy to forget to pay a sub when I can't play the game.


how are you not able to play because of cloaker? Is your undock button disabled or what?
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#30 - 2016-05-19 12:06:22 UTC
its amazing the mere presence of a neutral character in local can bring a whole system and alliance to a grinding halt with fear of what may happen. i like it, its like psychological warfare at its finest.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
#31 - 2016-05-19 13:21:11 UTC
It is truly amazing that people can AFK PvP.

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#32 - 2016-05-19 13:23:54 UTC
Dracvlad wrote:
It is truly amazing that people can AFK PvP.


/thread

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-05-19 13:28:16 UTC  |  Edited by: eddie valvetino
john sasha wrote:
There needs to be a counter to cloaky campers. Like fuel required to cloak. Really tired of not being able to play eve cause a camping cloacker. Please come up with a counter to this problem. Its very easy to forget to pay a sub when I can't play the game.


Been waiting for a post like this since my resent return to New Eden

If ever there was a perfect a example of the "I can't not adapt to Eve, so CCP needs to change it for the other half a million paying customers to suit my needs" carebear whine.. this is it.

You even threat to drop you single subscription if CCP don't change the game to suit you.

You sir are pathetic.. and i think CCP should change the game so it suits me a cloaky camper rather than you, or i will forget to paid my four subs..

in short **** off you whiney little prick..

(too strong?)

p.s. seriously though... this is a troll right?
Omar Alharazaad
Spectrum Reborn
#34 - 2016-05-19 13:39:50 UTC
If they're AFK they can't hurt you.
If they're not AFK then you can D-scan their probes or their ship (usually) before they interfere with you.

Just fly something you actually know how to do harm with and can afford to lose.
Accept that your ship is ammo and they lose ALL power over you.

Hell, I don't even nullsec and I grasp this.

This crap is on par with high sec bears screaming that they can't play the game because their corp got wardecced.
Same answer to same problem. Keep your eyes open and don't do dumb things and you'll be fine.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#35 - 2016-05-19 13:41:50 UTC
if they are afk then you can easily solve the issue by going afk yourself, there fixed afkcloakycamperphobia, that'll show em

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

john sasha
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#36 - 2016-05-19 15:19:58 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
john sasha wrote:
There needs to be a counter to cloaky campers. Like fuel required to cloak. Really tired of not being able to play eve cause a camping cloacker. Please come up with a counter to this problem. Its very easy to forget to pay a sub when I can't play the game.


how are you not able to play because of cloaker? Is your undock button disabled or what?

im not gonna risk my ships and feed him kills so he stays no i just log in and stay docked and never come out until hes gone.
the reason i want some form of balanced counter to it so people can actually fight them off instead of sitting docked up doing nothing just waiting for him to go away.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#37 - 2016-05-19 15:24:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
fit a cyno then, call your friends, ship down into something cheaper. drop a cyno inhib

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

john sasha
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#38 - 2016-05-19 15:28:51 UTC
eddie valvetino wrote:
john sasha wrote:
There needs to be a counter to cloaky campers. Like fuel required to cloak. Really tired of not being able to play eve cause a camping cloacker. Please come up with a counter to this problem. Its very easy to forget to pay a sub when I can't play the game.


Been waiting for a post like this since my resent to New Eden

If ever there was a perfect a example of the "I can't not adapt to Eve, so CCP needs to change it for the other half a million paying customers to suit my needs" carebear whine.. this is it.

You even threat to drop you single subscription if CCP don't change the game to suit you.

You sir are pathetic.. and i think CCP should change the game so it suits me a cloaky camper rather than you, or i will forget to paid my four subs..

in short **** off you whiney little prick..

(too strong?)

p.s. seriously though... this is a troll right?


i just want a counter to cloacky campers. other wise
all that ends up happening is everyone docks up when cloacky camper is in system and never come out and generally just the wait it out process begins. the only time we come out is to PVP somewhere.

as for the "whiney little prick" comment yeah im whiney cause i lost about 30 Bil in isk cause i wont undock when cloacky campers in system.

P.S. yes this is a troll but it really is annoying dealing with them.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#39 - 2016-05-19 15:31:15 UTC
well thats your fault, economic warfare is a viable tactic, you lose isk, he is winning, form up, bait them out and kill them, not hard is it?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

john sasha
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#40 - 2016-05-19 15:40:26 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
well thats your fault, economic warfare is a viable tactic, you lose isk, he is winning, form up, bait them out and kill them, not hard is it?

wouldn't be if there was people on during my time to do it.