These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mysteries of dps and damage per hit

Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#41 - 2016-05-18 19:05:45 UTC
Just a quick sidenote, I couldn't say what % of my drone shots were in optimal or falloff - only that they were within maximum range and that the targets varied in size and velocity.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2016-05-18 20:53:26 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

Here's another: Webs are key (pvp) in keeping players from getting away or to a gate/station so they have a lot of value beyond how they affect tracking and what not. Conversely the game is currently dominated by risk averse kiting metas that render webs useless because of the opposing fleets range, so painters are better. So which do you fit??

Long webs of course.

LolLolLol
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#43 - 2016-05-18 20:54:22 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
This has been a pretty damn interesting thread/argument/debate. I learned a couple things here I never thought about in ten years of play. (I have my own viewpoints on missiles, which haven't been addressed much here.)

Keep posting, even if it's wrong, I think you'll find most arguments are from smart people with a different viewpoint, different skill sets, or different experience.

Agreed. I have lots to say on missiles too.

In the meantime, I think I'm going to try to coerce some sentry drones to shoot a poco on sisi and see how large a data set I can stand generating....
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#44 - 2016-05-18 21:03:39 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Agreed. I have lots to say on missiles too.

Don't we all... The missile formula is like this: You start @100% damage and go down from there...

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#45 - 2016-05-18 21:04:22 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Just a quick sidenote, I couldn't say what % of my drone shots were in optimal or falloff - only that they were within maximum range and that the targets varied in size and velocity.

Ha! Thank you so much, Arthur, that reminds that I haven't said much about subcapital drones yet either.

So far I couldn't tell either since it is very difficult to see where they are positioned. What I can tell you is what you might have seen already, drones circle your ship and approach their target until they reach it, slow down and try to establish an orbit.

This is the behavior that inspired my drone thread a few years back where I proposed to increase the falloff of all flying drones so that they would all be shooting at least in falloff when they cannot manage to establish an orbit and be out of range all the time.
A year later we got the drone changes that even gave us Amarr drones.

About the Gila, the pirate ship that got a mutilation recently.

Given what we now know about turrets and drones and damage per second and damage per hit, another fact about drones is that they all have the same turret cycle time.
It goes all the way from small to medium, heavy and sentry drones. All of them shoot their turrets every 4 seconds. Why that is, is not important here but it is important to know.

Now this again, dps is better mkay??

Yes and no. More is usually better and the more turrets you have, the more damage they can do. Now here is the catch, you cannot change the cycle time of drone turrets, it is set in stone.
Since the drone changes we have the drone damage amplifier module and that module is the only damage increasing module that doesn't change the cycle time of turrets, all others and the ballistic control do.

One of the reasons some of the capsuleers complained about the Gila was that they thought the Gila was overpowered which wasn't the case.
Yes, you could put 3 of the drone damage amplifier modules on a Gila but not everyone did but since the possibility existed a violent mutilation came along which also hurt the baby Gila.

Given that I would propose limiting all ships in New Eden to 3 low slot since you could put up to 8 damage increasing modules on an armor boat and do borderline broken damage with it.

What did we just learn?
Oh yes, we cannot change the cycle time for all flying drones, no matter what we do or what magic we want to pull and here comes that damage hit into play.

In EVE we have two seperate line of turrets, A long range turret and a short range, high tracking turret but drones only have one turret, a short range, high tracking one.
Given that and what we learned here from other here and me, we now know that tracking has a great deal of influence on hit quality.
You are all invited to check that out in highsec if you want or on SiSi and maybe fly to a "Den" anomaly in highsec and launch 5x Hammerheads and watch the incoming and outgoing damage text box closely.

The damage will not be consistent and you may see values with varying ranges that could look like the following two examples:

45, 52, misses, 145 smashes, 48 and misses, misses, 32, 29, 35 or 607, 701, 645, 1245 wrecks, 678, 632. The latter was taken from a Gila with those evil drones damage amplifiers and the other 2 from my Nightmare with 5x Hammerhead II's.

Back to drones and my sad Gila who is still in shock and had to go to Disneyland for a while.

The values here are just example values I pull out of thin air and the Hammerhead II values times 4 may add up to around 150dps.
If you remove the wrecking shots and misses and take an average damage of 50 in the first example times 7.5, times 4 you get an average shot from a Gila's Hammerhead.

Let it be 1200 for arguments sake. Now we imagine that Gila in a station with an open fitting screen and we put a first drone damage amplifier on and get 1200 times 1.35 = 1620.
Another drone damage amplifier gets the first degree of stacking penalty and only gets ~87% of the + 35% of a drone damage amplifier, meaning the second drone damage amplifier only gives a + 29.75% damage and a third one only ~50% of the +35% damage, meaning to 17% damage.

We get the totally unstoppable 770dps Gila.

Let us now take a look at another turret boat with a +37,5 hybrid turret damage bonus and a +37.5% tracking bonus and a stasis webbifier strength bonus - the vigilant.

Being an armor boat, you have to vaguer between armor tank and damage modules but fits with 1200dps are not uncommon for this ship.

But how are those 1200 blaster dps not overpowered and the 770 dps for the Gila are?? - Time!

While the blaster of a vigilant that has you pinned down will do consistent damage and 1200dps, a Gila's Hammerhead's damage is a little more inconsistent since Hammerheads tend to miss more often but they hurt more.

Yes the Gila could do ~1000dps too but they are split between 770 drone dps and ~200 rapid light launcher dps.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#46 - 2016-05-18 21:07:55 UTC
The people were complaining that drones can do wrecking shots too and "alpha" their first line of defense to their surprise.

Surprise or not they were costing themselves time and lost their ship.

And here is how I separate very fast cycling guns from long cycling, high damage guns - by time.

Back to my Phantasm, and now it gets difficult, two of the same fitted Phantasms with 2x heatsink II and 2x tracking enhancer II and a damage control between them in the lows, will do very different damage in a time frame of let's say 4 minutes.

For that example, imagine an Abbadon as "victim" and you get 4 minutes to do your worst given the two different turrets, 3x heavy pulse laser II and 3x heavy beam laser II.
You are not limited on what crystals to use or at what range you start hammering the "victim", the only rule is that you may not change the low slots and you have 4 minutes to do your worst.

It may surprise you that the beam laser fit will come out ahead and both ship were doing exactly 580dps (not on client right now but 580 is what I remember), the pulse fit with conflag and the beam fit with gleam (in both cases, no turret enhancement implants were used).

The pulse fit even gets a bonus time of close to two minutes at 640dps with heat.

How is that possible and the answer is simple - time.

The pulse laser fit can only decrease the cycle time of the guns by using heat sinks but the pulse laser fit will change the cycle time with heat, putting the cycle time of the beam lasers below 3 seconds (or exactly 3 seconds for the server), while the pulse lasers increase the damage output of the turret by 15%.

That may only be the case for laser turrets but not all turrets have to be equal.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#47 - 2016-05-18 21:21:28 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Given what we now know about turrets and drones and damage per second and damage per hit, another fact about drones is that they all have the same turret cycle time. It goes all the way from small to medium, heavy and sentry drones. All of them shoot their turrets every 4 seconds. Why that is, is not important here but it is important to know.

I could not say for certain, but I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that DDAs only bonus damage and not rate of fire (something about not working with drones).

elitatwo wrote:
Given that I would propose limiting all ships in New Eden to 3 low slot since you could put up to 8 damage increasing modules on an armor boat and do borderline broken damage with it.

Well, let's not go off the deep-end just yet... After four damage modules stacking penalties more or less render a 5th or 6th module moot. It's even debatable whether the 4th module is more beneficial than something else, to which I'd say it can really depend.

elitatwo wrote:
We get the totally unstoppable 770dps Gila.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's unstoppable. Losing a 4th low slot and the -20 CPU hit really curbed a few roles (if I recall there was a particular wormhole niche that it had carved out). If it weren't for rapid light missile launchers the Gila would do almost zero missile DPS, because you'd need several low and mid slots just to get semi-decent DPS and application, which would really gimp your fit with respect to tank, drone damage, etc. I actually think the devs went too far with the Gila and should've left it with the 4th low slot.

Like anything else, it really comes down to players finding a way to optimize ships for a specific task. It's not any different than it was for the Garmur, Orthrus, Machariel, Bhaalgorn, Vindicator, etc.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#48 - 2016-05-18 21:22:18 UTC
Amanda Chan wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
The difference being that no missile in EVE can or will ever do 100% damage. More about sad things later.

Amanda Chan wrote:
I find this statement rather erroneous. It is easier to make a comp that applies 100% damage with missiles then it is with guns.

No it is not.

Amanda Chan wrote:
Examples below, for the sake of simplicity assume all level 5 skills.

Navy Raven fit with 2x T2 Rigor,1x T2 Flare and Using Fury cruise missiles.
That missile has a 210 explosion radius and 104.4 explosion velocity.....

I can make a Barghest apply ~80% cruise missile damage to a linked machariel, which will have a really bad day then but let me get this straightened.

If that Raven Navy Issue can do ~7000hp em, thermal, explosive or kinetic damage at once for example, the following will happen, when you shoot at a carrier.

Let this Raven shoot nova fury cruise missiles. When you group all 8 launchers, it will show you a group missile damage of ~7000hp explosive damage.

Your current target is an Archon and you fire your first shot and nothing happens and the launchers are cycling and bam, you can see your text box showing you a hit of ~3500hp damage.
You now think, that this is not enough and load mjolnir fury ones. Shoot, wait and there you go you get a damage hit of 5745hp damage.
Should that latter not have been ~7000hp? What happened there?

The Archon started moving and has a 100000000mn afterbuner on and while that Archon has a signature radius of ~ Long Island, she accelerated to ~120m/s.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#49 - 2016-05-18 21:32:34 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
The Archon started moving and has a 100000000mn afterbuner on and while that Archon has a signature radius of ~ Long Island, she accelerated to ~120m/s.

You should've webbed it. Twisted

Uriam Khanid
New Machinarium Corporation
#50 - 2016-05-18 21:38:31 UTC
drone damage can also be increased by tracking modules and rigs.
i find drone tracking modules much more useful than amplifiers since drones also shoot when they approach the target, where you can get more critical hits or alpha from drone falloff (especially heavy drones like berserks and prorators).

also long range guns benefit a lot from reduced cycle time (more than short range guns)
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#51 - 2016-05-18 21:42:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Uriam Khanid wrote:
i find drone tracking modules much more useful than amplifiers since drones also shoot when they approach the target, where you can get more critical hits or alpha from drone falloff (especially heavy drones like berserks and prorators).

The only drone damage rig is for Sentry Damage and never worth it unless you're not running any DDAs. There isn't any tracking-equivalent drone rig (wouldn't that be nice), so you're basically relegated to omnidirectional tracking links and drone scope chip rigs. Maybe we'll see something interesting with the rumoured drone implant set...

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#52 - 2016-05-18 22:16:34 UTC
Uriam Khanid wrote:

They do but they are stupid and out of range for a while.

Uriam Khanid wrote:
also long range guns benefit a lot from reduced cycle time (more than short range guns)

That is reason I came up with the post in the first place Smile

Aplier Shivra
#53 - 2016-05-19 02:19:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Aplier Shivra
elitatwo wrote:

If that Raven Navy Issue can do ~7000hp em, thermal, explosive or kinetic damage at once for example, the following will happen, when you shoot at a carrier.

Let this Raven shoot nova fury cruise missiles. When you group all 8 launchers, it will show you a group missile damage of ~7000hp explosive damage.

Your current target is an Archon and you fire your first shot and nothing happens and the launchers are cycling and bam, you can see your text box showing you a hit of ~3500hp damage.
You now think, that this is not enough and load mjolnir fury ones. Shoot, wait and there you go you get a damage hit of 5745hp damage.
Should that latter not have been ~7000hp? What happened there?

Throughout this whole thread, as you've admitted, you're making up numbers that roughly explain the situation you're trying to describe. Unfortunately, those numbers are made up, which on their own isn't too bad if they actually follow the correct formulas, but they don't even do that.

However, the main point of this reply is your "Should that latter not have been ~7000hp? What happened there?". First off, your explanation for what happened is totally wrong. What happened is that the Arcon in question, like all other ships in this game, have this thing called "resistances". It's this wonderful number that reduces the damage a ship takes from attacks of that type by a certain %. Using the numbers from your example, the Archon being targeted would have roughly 50% explosive resistance, and roughly an 18% EM resistance.

Quote:

nd here is how I separate very fast cycling guns from long cycling, high damage guns - by time.

Back to my Phantasm, and now it gets difficult, two of the same fitted Phantasms with 2x heatsink II and 2x tracking enhancer II and a damage control between them in the lows, will do very different damage in a time frame of let's say 4 minutes.

For that example, imagine an Abbadon as "victim" and you get 4 minutes to do your worst given the two different turrets, 3x heavy pulse laser II and 3x heavy beam laser II.
You are not limited on what crystals to use or at what range you start hammering the "victim", the only rule is that you may not change the low slots and you have 4 minutes to do your worst.

It may surprise you that the beam laser fit will come out ahead and both ship were doing exactly 580dps (not on client right now but 580 is what I remember), the pulse fit with conflag and the beam fit with gleam (in both cases, no turret enhancement implants were used).

The pulse fit even gets a bonus time of close to two minutes at 640dps with heat.

How is that possible and the answer is simple - time.

The pulse laser fit can only decrease the cycle time of the guns by using heat sinks but the pulse laser fit will change the cycle time with heat, putting the cycle time of the beam lasers below 3 seconds (or exactly 3 seconds for the server), while the pulse lasers increase the damage output of the turret by 15%.

Quote:

Imagine you flying a pulse laser boat and you hit a shield tank. Your gun cycle time is low and so is the shield booster cycle time. Now imagine beams hitting you for twice and much but server timer tick increase the cycle time of that shield booster (an overheated large shield booster has a cycle time of 3.2 seconds and 4 seconds for the server) and before the next shield booster cycle cycles another hit from those beams hit you.

This and a couple of other places you demonstrate a fundamental mis-understanding of the 1-second server tick. You make the assumption that every unit of time in the game is rounded up to the nearest 1 second. This is untrue. What the server tick does is make it such that information about the state of the game is updated only once every second. When you press the button to fire guns, the server starts that at its next tick. When guns are already firing, they'll continue at the listed rate of fire even if it's not a whole number.

So after the initial activation, a module with a cycle time of 3.2 seconds on repeat will in fact still activate every 3.2 seconds, not every 4 seconds. And secondly, in a situation where a shield booster is relevant, cycle time of the guns firing is largely irrelevant. Whether you have beams doing 1500 damage every 5 seconds or pulse doing 750 damage every 2.5 seconds, as long as that shield booster can output more than 300 ehp/sec then that ship's shields will remain stable, it doesnt matter that the beams do twice the damage per hit.

Quote:

You also seem to have no clue how stacking penalties or diminishing returns works either.
Aplier Shivra
#54 - 2016-05-19 03:05:57 UTC
And now to fix everything wrong with your initial guide.

elitatwo wrote:

Optimal range is the range your turret can do 100% damage. Falloff range gets added ontop of the optimal range and where your turrets lose up to 50% damage.

They actually do roughly 40% of the estimated damage, because the higher quality shots are no longer on the damage table.

elitatwo wrote:

At exactly optimal range + 2x falloff range your turret damages reduces to 0% damage.

This number should actually be about 6%, most importantly including that wrecking shots can still happen

elitatwo wrote:

Now a super secret tricky part, all turrets, small to heavy and sentry drones can do "smashing", "wrecking" and other "named" shot which all accure in falloff range and can do up to 150-300% damage.

Due to the damage formula dropping the heavier hits, after a certain point in falloff you lose the "smashing" shots, and other high quality hits. Your guide fails to mention that all of these high quality, named shots occur in optimal too, at a higher frequency no less, and instead implies that you'll be doing more damage in falloff through these "super secret tricky" shots.

elitatwo wrote:

This tornado with 1400mm artilleries may show you they do 10000 hp damage at a short-ish optimal range but getting into falloff range, they could do up to 30000hp damage if all turrets are doing a "wrecking" shot.

Assuming the turrets are in one group and as such all fired at once.

They could do up to 30000hp damage in optimal as well. In fact, they can do that 1% of the time as long as they are still able to hit. This again is falsely implying that you should expect more damage to happen when firing in falloff range, which is simply untrue.

elitatwo wrote:

If we can look beyond the naming, missiles in EVE are nothing more than one time use drones, which have a hard, short life and mistakenly often get names(tm).

This is such a bad description of missiles I don't even know where to begin. Missiles are nothing like semi-autonomous mini ships that continuously apply damage until they are destroyed. And I have no clue at all you are referring to when you talk about the names.

Missiles are an ammo just like turrets have ammo, but with different mechanics for how they hit.
Turrets hit instantly while missiles take travel time.
Turrets range is determined by their optimal where within that number they have no penalty, and then falloff which describes how quickly the range penalty grows. Missiles have their range determined by a travel speed and time, and they either hit within that range or explode mid-air doing nothing, no room for "kind of in range" shots.
Turrets have tracking speed (accuracy score) that is a compared against a composite of the target ship's angular velocity and signature radius. Missiles have an explosion velocity that is compared against the target ship's absolute velocity, and an explosion radius that is compared against the target ship's signature radius. An important distinction is the angular velocity for turret's damage is depending on your own ship as well, while missile's damage only care about the velocity of the target ship.
Turrets without any range/tracking penalties will apply between 50% and 150% of their damage with an even distribution, and a small (1%) chance for doing 300% normal damage. Missiles have no inherent variance to their damage, and given the same parameters will always output the same damage number.

Too many quotes, but we will continue.

"The difference being that no missile in EVE can or will ever do 100% damage. More about sad things later."
This has already been discussed by other members in this thread.

"Back to the fitting screen all the fitting screen does is this calculation: 10000(hp) : 200(seconds cycle time) = 500(dps)."
Basic maths. 10000/200=50. Additionally, the 200 cycle time is such an outrageous and unrealistic number that it accomplishes nothing practical other than a demonstration of how dps (which stands for damage per second, which means damage divided by seconds) means damage divided by seconds.

"dps or damage per seconds is a value that your fitting screen shows, nothing more, nothing less. And while it is safe to assume that higher is better, EVE doesn't follow."
Except all else being equal, higher is better. If a person has played enough of any video game to find themself in this forum, they should already have the knowledge that there are always other factors that affect how you apply your damage.

"For everyone who doesn't fit 8 heatsinks on an Apocalypse and 2 shield extenders for whatever reasons(tm), the expactations on battleship damage are high, the result rather "low"."
8 heatsinks... if this meant to be a guide for newer players who don't understand the damage formula, then at least have some basic understanding of the stacking penalties.

"Or in better words, if grouped together, those 8x mega beam lasers with yellow crystals can do up to 2700hp damage in optimal range or up to 8100hp damage in falloff - ouch."
Those 8x mega beam lasers will do up to 8100hp damage in optimal as well as falloff. The difference is that aside from that 1% chance per gun (so .01^8 that all 8 will do that a wrecking shot at once), the gun firing in it's optimal will have on average higher accuracy and higher quality shots than the one firing in falloff. Don't try to mislead newer players into thinking that falloff gives higher damage than optimal.

"This looks a bit more battleship like."
For anyone who understands basic math, this looks just as battleship-like as any other way you phrased those numbers.

"Hold on, here's another thing, medium pulse lasers do exactly 50% damage per hit that medium beam lasers would, just in half the time, resulting in a higher dps value but not more damage."
So wrong, so, next post
Aplier Shivra
#55 - 2016-05-19 03:51:23 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
If we compare medium pulse lasers with the same crystals (the yellow ones for arguments sake), pulse lasers always do much more damage than medium beam lasers - so to hell with those, right?

Hold on, here's another thing, medium pulse lasers do exactly 50% damage per hit that medium beam lasers would, just in half the time, resulting in a higher dps value but not more damage.

Okay, first let's assume this is true and do some math. 50% damage in 50% of the time would be the exact same dps. And most importantly, this is just plain, flat out WRONG.
First off, different turrets within the same ship category have different "sizes". These sizes generally follow the scale of smaller having lower dps, lower range, but better tracking and easier requirement costs.

The biggest size of battleship lasers are Tachyons for beams and Mega Pulses for pulse. T2 Tachyons have a rate of fire of 12.5 seconds and a damage modifier of 5.4, for an overall dps modifier of 0.432. T2 Mega Pulses have a rate of fire of 7.88 and a damage modifier of 3.6, for an overall dps modifier of 0.457. This is a difference of only about 5%.
And since you like medium beams so much too, T2 Heavy Beams have an RoF of 6 seconds and a damage modifier of 4.5, for an overall dps modifier of 0.75. T2 Heavy Pulse have a rate of fire of 5.25, and a damage modifier of 3.6, for an overall dps modifier of only .686. So the pulse do roughly 9% less dps than the beams in this case. (Fun fact, the T2 pulse ammo being so amazing is the primary reason why there's this discrepancy at the medium level).

Quote:
That 290dps is created by 695hp EM and 295 thermal damage, resulting in ~1000hp damage per hit (cycle time or alpha).
By the way, when you switch to Gleam M that beam laser fit goes up to 590dps and ~4000hp alpha.

The gleam fit will only do about 2000 alpha, don't lie about numbers to try to make your point sound better.

Quote:
So my "low" 290dps was enough to force him off but how?

It happened because he chose to engage a ship outside of his engagement profile, and probably MWD'd straight at you taking no advantage of the tracking formula, while sansha's ships with their afterburner bonus might as well be custom-designed to counter missiles.

Quote:
Now you would assume that a 580dps boat would just kill a 290dps boat but that didn't happen. What happened was that the "low dps" beam turrets did more damage per hit than the pulse lasers did even though you would assume that the pulses had a much better chance to winning but here it get's tricky and here comes how timer tick come to play.
Both of us were active tanked and repping of course but due to the fact that beams do more damage per hit than pulses, the shield booster of the pulse fit had a much harder time keeping up with the incoming damage than I did.

First off, your beam phantasm would do the same ~600 dps that the pulse phantasm does if you also used short range ammo. But you're not, you're comparing your ship as it would be at 290 dps, which means you're using either standard (those "yellow crystals") or Aurora ammo, giving you a range of roughly 40-65km. Where instead the pulse boat only has a range of 10km with max dps ammo, or up to 30km with scorch. The timer tick, alpha vs. dps, and whatever else you're trying to describe (especially the higher damage per hit of beams) has nothing to do with this. His shield booster would handle your 290 dps just as well regardless of whether it came in 2 second intervals or 8 second intervals. You simply fought outside the other ship's engagement range while staying within yours, or had better skills, or fit for EM/therm resists, or kited better.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#56 - 2016-05-19 05:45:46 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Given what we now know about turrets and drones and damage per second and damage per hit, another fact about drones is that they all have the same turret cycle time. It goes all the way from small to medium, heavy and sentry drones. All of them shoot their turrets every 4 seconds. Why that is, is not important here but it is important to know.

I could not say for certain, but I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that DDAs only bonus damage and not rate of fire (something about not working with drones).

Fighter Support Units increase rate of fire. I do recall something at the time DDAs were released about not being able to increase drone RoF, but apparently that has been overcome. Either that or fighters are modeled entirely differently (which could easily be the case).
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#57 - 2016-05-19 05:52:49 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Fighter Support Units increase rate of fire. I do recall something at the time DDAs were released about not being able to increase drone RoF, but apparently that has been overcome. Either that or fighters are modeled entirely differently (which could easily be the case).

Maybe they're utilizing a new drone system. I'd love to see a similar overhaul for regular drones... Imagine being able to kick in MWD for your Geckos and attack with guns or rockets. Wicked sweet!

Uriam Khanid
New Machinarium Corporation
#58 - 2016-05-19 12:09:59 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
The only drone damage rig is for Sentry Damage and never worth it unless you're not running any DDAs. There isn't any tracking-equivalent drone rig (wouldn't that be nice), so you're basically relegated to omnidirectional tracking links and drone scope chip rigs. Maybe we'll see something interesting with the rumoured drone implant set...

you are completly wrong, drone scoop chip and drone enhancer very-very useful even w/o DDA. Application and projection of drone damage is very important. This is allow you to strike with hammer (heavy's) with great precision.
From my observation it looks like drones have some abilities of missile system. More tracking = more damage, also looks like flying dones benefit from range (heavy hits from 30-40km; medium from 20km).
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#59 - 2016-05-19 15:33:06 UTC
Aplier Shivra wrote:
[quote=elitatwo]
You also seem to have no clue how stacking penalties or diminishing returns works either.

You done insulting me?

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#60 - 2016-05-19 15:38:58 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

They do but I wasn't talking about capital ships. Network sensor arrays make carriers and mothership insta-lock frigates but they have nothing to do with turrets.