These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I need a mouse recomendation

Author
Jason McCoy
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-01-12 23:30:05 UTC
I want to get a new mouse, plz dont recommend anything related to razor. I had a razor mouse and its junk. The scroll wheel lasted maybe a year or so; and the other day I noticed my number three key on the razor keyboard is not longer operational.

So please keep razor recommendations out of this discussion.

Also do any of you use the left hand (assuming you are right handed) controllers to play eve?
Leelarja
The Omega Directive.
#2 - 2012-01-13 01:54:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Leelarja
I've used a Logitech MX518 for a few years now. It's all you need for a non-gimmicky mouse. Its accurate, easy to hold, and has buttons in the front and back of the scroll wheel to adjust the sensitivity on the fly. Don't just take my word for it though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178

I bought one of those keyboards with the programmable function keys a year ago and I still have not used them.
VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-01-13 02:14:15 UTC
+1 for Logitech.

They dominate the market IMO. A $10-$15 logitech will last for years and years, and then you can just replace it with another cheap logitech.

Or there's always SteelSeries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tx2an1EbMUc

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Saint Lazarus
Spiorad ag fanaiocht
#4 - 2012-01-13 02:47:07 UTC
Got no complaints about my Logitech G500.

My fav parts

adjustin sensitivity on the fly
Adjustable weight
looooove the wheel
Pretty comfy.

Wouldnt say its hands down the best or anything, its my first decent mouse at all tbh, but yea really have no complaints, not sure what else you could want
Marz Ghola
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-01-14 05:40:31 UTC

logitech g9 is super. use them even for my lappy. I have tried piles of stuff, razor is garbage, tried micro soft gamer mouse, iirc was called sidewinder maybe, it was just ok.

G9 is a bit pricey, but very well made and worth the cash. For eve, all my pvp keys are paired to a logitech G13.

VKhaun Vex
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-01-14 05:52:17 UTC  |  Edited by: VKhaun Vex
Marz Ghola wrote:
tried micro soft gamer mouse, iirc was called sidewinder maybe, it was just ok.

I was actually very happy with my sidewinder. Nice and big, and I put the weights in it so it was heavier than a regular mouse. I could jack my sensitivity waaaay up and still have small scale control because of the weight.

Quick google around shows they don't really make those anymore. They still use the name but I don't see weights and all that. Still, I'd look for something like that again if I was going to get into one particular shooter real serious like.

Charges Twilight fans with Ka-bar -Surfin's PlunderBunny LIIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEE PIIIEEEECCCCEEE!!!!!!! -Taedrin Using relativity to irrational numbers is smart -rodyas I no longer believe we landed on the moon. -Atticus Fynch

Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-01-14 08:21:54 UTC
I have been using a Logitech G5 for ages now; adjustable weight and sensitivity, comfy, 2 extra thumb buttons...

I destroyed one in my FPS days, so I stopped doing that, and now it seems indestructible.

Made to fit in someone's right hand though, so southpaws might look elsewhere.
Citizen20100211442
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-01-14 11:19:45 UTC
Strike out Logitech G500 from your choice list , if you need more than 5 buttons. Those 3 side buttons is just pain to use. The rest is great though.

To be, or not to be, that's the question.

Nachteule Kohen
#9 - 2012-01-14 21:13:35 UTC
http://www.logitech.com/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/devices/5092 - click features

logitech g9x (it's what i use)

it has a leather wire or something, not exactly sure what the material is but it's made that way so the wire doesn't get tangled or messed up.
Kawit
#10 - 2012-01-14 23:59:58 UTC