These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

RIP SMALL GANG PVP

First post
Author
maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-05-07 03:04:21 UTC
CCP, you know your buff to carriers and fighters are broken right!
Like seriously, you cant be this dumb and one sides.
Buff to carriers(Fighters going over 10km, 2.3km with out the micro, perfect tracking, insane dps and volley), the upcoming link changes, and just the changes over the pasty year or to, have f**** small gang to the ground.
THanks foziee d*bag.
Davian Thule Pirkibo
Arquebus Co.
Crimson Inquisicion
#2 - 2016-05-07 03:18:58 UTC
no comment on the carrier issue, they want more carrier and dread pvp, i guess.

However the links is bulls*** , i do small gang pvp all the time in low sec and were are sick to the teeth of links. They kill pvp more because theres no counter except bring your own links or dock up. Its especially infuriating in solo pvp when you have an enemy go twice his normal speed cold, in many scenarios you cant tell your dealing with links until its too late.

Death to off grid links!.
maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-05-07 03:27:50 UTC
I agree with you, but, if links become what they are pushing for, it will be only the blobs having links, not smal gang pvp'ers who fight the blob. Can not comment on your situation.
I think they should just remove links period, and give sp back.
CARRIERS ARE OP AS F, AND THEY KNOW IT.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#4 - 2016-05-07 04:31:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nat Silverguard
if only there was a chance to test this new things (including the carriers) in a test server for us to be able to give our feedback/comments so that CCP might have changed it before it became live. Roll

nobody is omnipotent and the new features for the carrier is ok for cap fights which i guess is what they want to do.

so, stop QQing, nobody gave CCP the feedback they require therefore they didn't do anything. suck it up, post on the appropriate thread and wait.

Just Add Water

Unconspicous Alt
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-05-07 04:39:26 UTC
The carriers were broken before. Now ccp finaly did the right thing.

I mean, realistically speaking, in what world and with what physics can 3-4 boats sunk a CARRIER ?

Problem is that now 3-4 boats can take down a citadel :)
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#6 - 2016-05-07 04:43:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
One well-aimed torpedo fired from one submarine can take out a carrier.
That's why carriers float around in the "carrier task force".
Google is your friend.

PS Putting all our eggs in one basket is using fozzie-thinking...or was that fuzzy logic?

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

MidnightWyvern
Fukamichi Corporation
SAYR Galactic
#7 - 2016-05-07 04:50:09 UTC
I thought I hated these forums, but eventually I learned that I love them.

On the day CCP releases a change that no one bitches about, I will be quite assured of EVE's demise.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Netan MalDoran
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-05-07 06:12:29 UTC
I'm not a carrier pilot, but I had the opportunitiy to have my Thorax get vaporized by one yesterday,
The feeling of power was awesome! I actually feel happy for the other guy! Seems that they put life back into cap combat.

Offgrid links were broken, better now that they are on grid so that you know what you are up against and that you can now kill them.

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Kieron VonDeux
#9 - 2016-05-07 06:32:47 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Google is your friend.

PS Putting all our eggs in one basket is using fozzie-thinking...or was that fuzzy logic?

Eve Online not equal to real life.

Aiwha
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-05-07 06:34:13 UTC
Blow up the fighters.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-05-07 06:45:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
When folks dislike something they bring on the "it is not realistic" argument; when they like a change, the "ya know it's fantasy" card is on the table.

You better decide: is this the real life, is it just fantasy...

Btw why are the FAX MACHINES so BIG compared to regular carriers?

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Galaxxis
The Regency
The Monarchy
#12 - 2016-05-07 07:00:21 UTC
Get over it! No more free kills due to horribly broken mechanics.
Aiwha
Caldari State
#13 - 2016-05-07 07:14:02 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
When folks dislike something they bring on the "it is not realistic" argument; when they like a change, the "ya know it's fantasy" card is on the table.

CCP have said that they want to "rebalance" capital and supercapital sizes along with the station/citadels to bring everything a bit more in line scale wise.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#14 - 2016-05-07 07:18:47 UTC
Carriers needed this, yes you won't be able to take one down easy, you now have a challenge. This brings a whole new style of gameplay to Eve the way fighters are now implemented and I just went mad doing a max out training plan for carrier and fighter skills. But knowing my luck CCP will decide to nerf them because of people whining just as I get max skills...

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#15 - 2016-05-07 07:19:11 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Google is your friend.

By that logic Stealth Bombers (submarines) should be the greatest threat in the game and IMPOSSIBLE to target for most other ships (except for Destroyers who should be OP against Stealth Bombers but suck against most other threats). See how lucky it is that EVE Online:s fantasy Spaceships are not based around Real Life Earths Naval Vessels.

In my opinion the best way to create balance in EVE is to look at the cost (ISK) for each 'Fleet'. In other words a Carrier should be able to take on a 'Fleet' of about simillar value and in order to bring one down the opposition should need to bring ships of a greater total ISK-value (and then expect to loose a few of them anyway).

Now the way it was before was that Carriers where Underpowered so perhaps CCP make the classical mistake of buffing them to much and if this is the case I'm sure they will continue to tweak the balance further. However I donĀ“t think making these sort of threads called 'NERFFFF FFS' is the way to do it when there is a feedback thread to Citadels where one could post it instead.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2016-05-07 07:19:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme Sake
Aiwha wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:

CCP have said that they want to "rebalance" capital and supercapital sizes along with the station/citadels to bring everything a bit more in line scale wise.

Then probably they should scale all ships to match their sig radius.

P.S. If a fighter can one shot a cruiser then... shouldn't a cruiser be able to... eh never mind.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Terminator Cindy
Yesterday's Tomorrow
#17 - 2016-05-07 11:18:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Terminator Cindy
Sustrai Aditua wrote:

Petition CCP to invent a submarine that can fly in space.
The reason submarines are a threat on sea is that they function in another environment (underwater ) where they can be almost undetectable. This is not the case here. There is no area around a carrier that cannot be reached by fighters. Wanna take down a carrier, then come prepared to destroy those. After that the carrier is defenseless and pretty low on hp.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#18 - 2016-05-07 11:26:06 UTC
My Faction Tear Collectors are working just fine, though

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Marin Lunaire
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-05-07 11:43:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Marin Lunaire
Negating each and every subcap piloting tactic by creating carrier no fly zones is such an obvious terrible idea that i'm seriously puzzled how this went through. This is not engaging gameplay. The counter to massive ships should always be speed as in: Fast things outrun fighters.
Max Fubarticus
Raging Main
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#20 - 2016-05-07 12:25:29 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
if only there was a chance to test this new things (including the carriers) in a test server for us to be able to give our feedback/comments so that CCP might have changed it before it became live. Roll

nobody is omnipotent and the new features for the carrier is ok for cap fights which i guess is what they want to do.

so, stop QQing, nobody gave CCP the feedback they require therefore they didn't do anything. suck it up, post on the appropriate thread and wait.

They were available for testing on sisi and feedback was given. The carrier is not omnipotent. It CAN be taken down by a small gang. You just have to figure it out. Tactics have changed. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Max

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

12Next page