These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recurring Opportunities coming soon

First post
Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2121 - 2016-05-04 21:07:28 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.

That is because you have tunnelvision on this and think that making players log in daily will fix CCP's problems. While we are overall against any time based login incentives I have seen a few proposals on how to soften it up so you have the opportunity to either partially or fully catch up if you have been away for a few days. It could be that they change it to weekly opportunities instead of dailies or make the dailies "pool up" to a certain extend so if you haven't done them for a few days they are still available when you do log in.

The best would still be CCP actually respecting the needs of their players and let the players decide how they will play the game and instead focusing on making interesting content. Interresting content = more players playing. Even small mini events (like the easter one) have seemed to have a positive influence on log in count so small random events could be an easy way for CCP to boost the login sligthly. Some of it could even be tied with the lore and other things going on in the game.

Oh really? Are you even remotely aware on how many bloody years I've been saying the same? Roll

And now CCP is late. See, I don't mind pennies from heaven.This is why I want this idea to be released. But it's too late. It wil not work that well and is not what the game needs.

CCP is late. They can't finish the Rubicon Plan before being run over by the backlog of neglected playstyles.

They really should had made Rubicon a Plan for everyone and not a Plan for the chosen few.
Alexis Nightwish
#2122 - 2016-05-04 21:56:55 UTC
Solhild wrote:
Side1Bu2Rnz9 wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen... you're wasting your breath... CCP doesn't care about the 106 pages of people almost unanimously opposed to this idea. If CCP wants to do it then **** the player base right?? It's CCP's game and we're all just lucky enough to log in and watch it burn down around us. CCP will only be happy once EVE gets to the point where everyone logs on just so they can do the one stupid objective, but then logs off because **** playing for fun right?

My main characters in the accounts I still use have around 150 million skill points each, lovingly nurtured by me over the last 7 years all over New Eden's sandbox.

I'm now penalised if I want to use skill injectors on them so I won't invest there, stupid game design.
I play EVE casually and will now be penalised because I can't/won't log in every day.
I don't want to be penalised for subscribing to EVE.
I work on a 12 month sub so CCP gets money in advance from me, I would imagine that this would be a good thing.

One sub is up in a month and the other in nine months.
Just cancelled the renewal and will reconsider if EVE remains a sandbox that's worth continuing to invest in.

Just been through my transactions with CCP, you've earned well with me over the years. I hope your new direction pays off.

I'm in a very similar situation. CCP crossed the Rubicon with skill injectors. My accounts will expire this summer, and honestly, I no longer care.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

Neadayan Drakhon
Heuristic Industrial And Development
AddictClan
#2123 - 2016-05-04 22:52:21 UTC
Raging Bull Unchained wrote:
I was looking for infos / ETA.
Any news about when this will hit TQ?

hopefully never
P3ps1 Max
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#2124 - 2016-05-04 23:50:16 UTC
Does anyone know when this will be live on the servers? I thought it was going up with this latest expansion... ?👽💀💩
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#2125 - 2016-05-05 00:12:16 UTC
P3ps1 Max wrote:
Does anyone know when this will be live on the servers? I thought it was going up with this latest expansion... ?👽💀💩

They did state - Soon after Citadel Release but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It will just appear one day, I'd suggest following Devs on Reddit/eve, new things seem to make it there before Eve forums...

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#2126 - 2016-05-05 09:48:30 UTC
Agemnia Auhman wrote:
Just to say I haven't read this entire thread because of how aggressive it became and I'm not in a fleet, so if I'm repeating an idea someone else has shouted already i apologize.

SUGGESTION :Allow the daily to be one of any number of given tasks, that essentially are the fundamental corner blocks of all the different professions in eve.

Kill a rat.
Deliver or install an industry job.
Activate for one cycle a miner/harvester/gas huffer/etc.
Locate a Relic /Data /Combat site/wormhole/player vessel with combat or scan probes.
Jump /10/25/50? stargates.
Cause damage to or activate an offensive module another player.
Activate a repair module or warfare link that affects another player.
Use a Jump/ gate /bridge/thingy.
etc

The whole point behind this idea being that the player has more control over what they do in order to get their bonus of 10000 SP instead of performing a task they would not normally do in order to get it. You could have set it up to be any one of these activities or that the players selects one of their choosing.

In order to combat botting etc, my only suggestion is you could just make the task more difficult to complete, so Kill 25/50 rats or locate 3 or 5 Scan-able sites or mine 5000m3 of anything etc, but that would obviously change the whole dynamic somewhat.

The skill point reward is, in my opinion, the only one worth offering, though i will say i have 1 account and 2 characters. Any financial reward would be too hard to balance or insignificant to incentivize players. It also offer more freedoms along with the skill injectors from the rigidity of the skill queue by providing the character with a rolling pool of un-allocated SP.
And 10000 additional SP per day is not exactly Titan V in a week is it?

Overall though dailies get a thumbs up from this nobody, with a little tweaking would be nice new feature for both vets and the new fodder/sheep/wolves/baitRetrievers/players.

The design goal is to get people to log in. Things happened when people logged in just to sort their skill queue and then things stopped happening when that incentive for login in was removed. CCP's plan is to add a login incentive.

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.

There are only so many types of incentives: negative incentives and positive incentives. Negative incentive: lose something if you don't log in. Positive incentive: get something if you log in.

What you are replacing is the negative incentive of not earning SP if you didn't log in to fill a skill queue.

So, what are the suggestions of everyone bitching here?

Design goal is to pad numbers as CCP probably has financial difficulties as usual. The idea that numbers are down just due to the queue change and not due to jump fatigue, fozzie sov and rest of the "eve is all about small gang PvP" design goals is absurd.

It's obvious from the recent numbers that eve players care about large scale drama and fighting and not about insignificant 5v5 fights that means jack **** in the grand scheme of things. Introducing dailies will pad the numbers for a bit until people start burning out. Remember that most EVE players are not 12 y.o. with infinite amounts of free space but people with jobs and families which means not everyone can play every single day. Punishing those of your players who are actually ones with RL money (the money that CCP needs to finance all their pipe dreams) in effort to go after the demographic that has always been free of RL money is suicidal.

If they want people to login then provide conflict drivers and go away from the idiotic meta of everyone lives in perfectly safe NPC low sec stations. Kick out PL, NC., Imperium and russians back into 0.0. Force us to fight for real. Ofc that means that citadels would have to start working properly and that they will have to nerf the NPC stations into the ground not to mention that should probably involve citadels in only player 0.0 being allowed to accept supers and titans for docking and mooring.
Cloudia Schmidt
VALHALLV
#2127 - 2016-05-05 10:21:21 UTC
Moin, moin

Not life and on the Test Server it dosend work!!!

cot you Askplan that?

MfG
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2128 - 2016-05-05 14:37:51 UTC
Bleedingthrough wrote:
If you got these skillpoints once per day for killing a PC instead of an NPC I would want this change. Don't make new Players think EvE is about red crosses!

You want to tell them it's about shooting your other account in a rookie ship instead?
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2129 - 2016-05-05 16:51:04 UTC
Please, let me repeat.

The real purpose of enforcing dailies is not making players login often. CCP keeps back the real reason.
With current prices two capped twinks at one account can produce enough ISK to keep three learning queues active. This means free to play game.
Sure this shall raise the demand for PLEX and Multiple pilot training certificates, but for sure CCP is to:
1) stop discount sales of Skill extractors
2) devalue SP to make “milking” two twinks not enough to feed three toons
Thus, Skillpoints as a reward should increase the supply of Skillpoints. With steady demand the price of newly introduced currency would decrease. How much? I m not an economist and it might be interesting to hear a good professional forecast about SP market.
So, today, we witness an interesting experiment. First, we have got SP trading (which is a horrible idea), now to correct the way it goes - SP generation from a thin air (which is even worse one).
Alyssa Severasse
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#2130 - 2016-05-05 22:37:35 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Please, let me repeat.

The real purpose of enforcing dailies is not making players login often. CCP keeps back the real reason.
With current prices two capped twinks at one account can produce enough ISK to keep three learning queues active. This means free to play game.
Sure this shall raise the demand for PLEX and Multiple pilot training certificates, but for sure CCP is to:
1) stop discount sales of Skill extractors
2) devalue SP to make “milking” two twinks not enough to feed three toons
Thus, Skillpoints as a reward should increase the supply of Skillpoints. With steady demand the price of newly introduced currency would decrease. How much? I m not an economist and it might be interesting to hear a good professional forecast about SP market.
So, today, we witness an interesting experiment. First, we have got SP trading (which is a horrible idea), now to correct the way it goes - SP generation from a thin air (which is even worse one).

Wow, yes, free to play game. Because ingame plex is magically put onto the Jita market by CCP.

No. Wait. Maybe. *Just* maybe. Players are buying those plexes with their cold hard cash (because they can't be arsed to earn money in game) and selling them for ISK.

For every player who thinks it's 'free to play' is another player marveling at how much ISK they are getting for their dollars. The two sides of this equation will always balance out (and overall CCP wins).

Adding more skill points = more skill extractors (which means more Aurum, which means more cash for CCP), and more people throwing dollars on plex to train up their chars quicker.

Plus it artificially inflates player numbers on each day - probably one of CCP's metrics.

10000 free SP/day isn't game breaking. I do think there are better ways to get people to log in than giant dangly carrots. Content is what we want (and we as players try and do as much of that as we can).
Sama Dobrota
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2131 - 2016-05-05 23:21:56 UTC
Alyssa Severasse wrote:
10000 free SP/day isn't game breaking.

Yes, but why SP ? Even small AUR reward would not be so awful.
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#2132 - 2016-05-06 00:12:26 UTC
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

4 hours per day of training for a few minutes effort?

Or a bit of Aurum, you need to save for months to get an overpriced skin etc from the money store..

I'll take the SP - If for no other reason than to turn it into a skill injector I can make isk on. Or just cut a few hours off one of my lengthy training cues each day. That's roughly 28 hours off each skill cue each week, what's not to like..

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Lugh Crow-Slave
#2133 - 2016-05-06 01:47:08 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
what's not to like..

grinding for sp
NovaCat13
Seymourus and Co.
#2134 - 2016-05-06 03:00:48 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
what's not to like..

grinding for sp

QFT

Just say NO to Dailies

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2135 - 2016-05-06 03:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

Or a bit of Aurum, you need to save for months to get an overpriced skin etc from the money store..

I'll take the SP - If for no other reason than to turn it into a skill injector I can make isk on. Or just cut a few hours off one of my lengthy training cues each day. That's roughly 28 hours off each skill cue each week, what's not to like..

Welcome to SlavePoints Online!

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Neadayan Drakhon
AddictClan
#2136 - 2016-05-06 05:08:12 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

this, among other reasons, is why there shouldn't be SP dailies or skill trading
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2137 - 2016-05-06 05:14:50 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

Giving Aurum don't work because there are paid service which you can get by paying with Aurum. They're not going to **** away money for that when they can literally give us the thing the very large majority of EVE player a completely addicted to which can't be used to stop paying them real money for anything.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2138 - 2016-05-06 06:53:03 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

Giving Aurum don't work because there are paid service which you can get by paying with Aurum. They're not going to **** away money for that when they can literally give us the thing the very large majority of EVE player a completely addicted to which can't be used to stop paying them real money for anything.

Ditto. Also, the incentive they are replacing was based on SP: "log in or miss SP because your queue is empty".
Neadayan Drakhon
AddictClan
#2139 - 2016-05-06 11:24:29 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Sama Dobrota wrote:
Alyssa Severasse wrote:

Ditto. Also, the incentive they are replacing was based on SP: "log in or miss SP because your queue is empty".

Basically they got rid of a Fear Of Missing Out item and want to bring it back in a slightly different form.

Making the longer skill queue was a VERY good thing; SP dailies would pretty much undo that, figuratively anyway.

Still saying a big fat NO to dailies. Hopefully CCP's dropped it and just doesn't want to admit it.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2140 - 2016-05-06 12:27:21 UTC
Neadayan Drakhon wrote:
Hopefully CCP's dropped it and just doesn't want to admit it.

Telling us they dropped it in that case would eb the best PR move of the whole ordeal possible. They are either blind to it or just working on a different implementation and keeping silent while it's still being modified.

Or it's going along with no change at all and just currently disabled from SiSi for :reasons:.