These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bumping

Author
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#141 - 2016-05-01 21:12:58 UTC
In the end it's all PvP, avoiding fights, ganking, mining, playing the market, having fleet battles, doing duels. It's all PvP except for Project Discovery.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#142 - 2016-05-02 00:49:09 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:

You, for example, are a carebear because you come to these forums to whine how you are not invincible to the other players in this PvP game and to call them sociopaths. The professional haulers at say Red Frog Freight are not carebears because the get down to the business of hauling and take responsibility for their safety using the many in-game tools CCP has provided to keep your assets safe. And players who undock and make content by shooting other players? They are certainly not carebears no matter how hard you try to spin the definition of the term.

She's right. You are searching for easy target instead searching for the hard target. You are living in the safety of High searching for stupid or inexperienced players instead of taking the risks of low or null. In Null everyone is a target and everyone know the risk and they use all the tricks. You know that you are safe in High while you have all the time to choose a target. Would you do the same in Null?
So who is the carebear?

You seem to be struggling with the concept of piracy.
Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#143 - 2016-05-02 06:25:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Geronimo McVain
Kitsune Rei wrote:
You may have all the time in the world to choose a target but you don't have all the time in the world to execute. In Null you can take 23 hours to kill a target. In high sec, you have until CONCORD shows up.
Right but it's all controlled in High. You know exactly how much time you have so you can plan accordingly. Player interaction is almost excluded because before the victim could type a help call he's dead. So in the end it's all much more controlled then in Null where everyone might take mercy and help the victim. Or just gank you while you are waiting for targets. But because you need to kill the victim in seconds there isn't much chance of player interfering in high AND you are protected by Concord in High all the time till you actually kill something. So I would loose standing and get concorded even if I kill some known notorious ganker. And because he is using cheap ships probably without shields etc he isn't risking anything. And you can bet he has some alt to do everything else so he doesn't have to suffer the consequences.

I have no real problem with the ganking in High but I really dislike that these guy paint themself as heros executing the greater plan of CCP. In Neocron I had the same type of players camping the training grounds for the noobs. Of cause they didn't want to grief but they wanted to introduce the players to Neocron. Roll. In the end it's nothing else then killing Highsec belt rats with an Machariel but with higher loot. Both isn't glorious but at least people killing belt rats aren't bragging that they are the best, needed by CCP etc.

So you can do as you like, I don't care, but don't complain when CCP is limiting your gameplay. If you want to kill players: Go to Null. If you want easy kills with loot: rat. But you have no rights to kill other players for fun in High. There are 50+% of New Eden where you can do it. CCP gives or takes the ability to do it and you are complaining so hard if something is taken away like any "Carebear" that he got unfairly shot.
Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple
#144 - 2016-05-02 10:11:44 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
Kitsune Rei wrote:
You may have all the time in the world to choose a target but you don't have all the time in the world to execute. In Null you can take 23 hours to kill a target. In high sec, you have until CONCORD shows up.
Right but it's all controlled in High. You know exactly how much time you have so you can plan accordingly. Player interaction is almost excluded because before the victim could type a help call he's dead. So in the end it's all much more controlled then in Null where everyone might take mercy and help the victim. Or just gank you while you are waiting for targets. But because you need to kill the victim in seconds there isn't much chance of player interfering in high AND you are protected by Concord in High all the time till you actually kill something. So I would loose standing and get concorded even if I kill some known notorious ganker. And because he is using cheap ships probably without shields etc he isn't risking anything. And you can bet he has some alt to do everything else so he doesn't have to suffer the consequences.

I have no real problem with the ganking in High but I really dislike that these guy paint themself as heros executing the greater plan of CCP. In Neocron I had the same type of players camping the training grounds for the noobs. Of cause they didn't want to grief but they wanted to introduce the players to Neocron. Roll. In the end it's nothing else then killing Highsec belt rats with an Machariel but with higher loot. Both isn't glorious but at least people killing belt rats aren't bragging that they are the best, needed by CCP etc.

So you can do as you like, I don't care, but don't complain when CCP is limiting your gameplay. If you want to kill players: Go to Null. If you want easy kills with loot: rat. But you have no rights to kill other players for fun in High. There are 50+% of New Eden where you can do it. CCP gives or takes the ability to do it and you are complaining so hard if something is taken away like any "Carebear" that he got unfairly shot.

They're playing the game. That's it. I think your problem is your erroneous definition of carebear. Carebearing is not what you do in game. Carebearing is something happening in game that motivates an individual to come to the forums and splerg about how CCP is bad, other players are bad, game mechanics are bad. Everything but the individual splerging is bad.

Miners and haulers are neither carebears, until they come here bitching about how the game and it's players and it's developer are making their lives tough.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#145 - 2016-05-02 10:29:33 UTC
Geronimo McVain wrote:
If you want to kill players: Go to Null. If you want easy kills with loot: rat. But you have no rights to kill other players for fun in High. There are 50+% of New Eden where you can do it.

Calm down miner.
You know perfectly well it's not about the fun, but about the law. If you mine or haul in New Order territory (Highsec) without permit, you should not be surprised if you lose your ship. We are a community in Highsec and we have some rules namely the New Halaima Code of Conduct. You are expected to follow those rules and fulfill your duties. If you want anarchy and just do what you want, go to null and build your own empire!
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#146 - 2016-05-02 10:33:23 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:
If you want to kill players: Go to Null. If you want easy kills with loot: rat. But you have no rights to kill other players for fun in High. There are 50+% of New Eden where you can do it.

Calm down miner.
You know perfectly well it's not about the fun, but about the law. If you mine or haul in New Order territory (Highsec) without permit, you should not be surprised if you lose your ship. We are a community in Highsec and we have some rules namely the New Halaima Code of Conduct. You are expected to follow those rules and fulfill your duties. If you want anarchy and just do what you want, go to null and build your own empire!

Roll
Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple
#147 - 2016-05-02 10:51:23 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:

Calm down miner.

Even if it were for the fun so what? You seem to hold on to this misconception that there are areas of space that are perfectly safe. There are no such areas anywhere in this game. So when you say there is 50%+ of New Eden where you can target and engage other players, you are flat out mistaken. That dynamic exists in 100% of New Eden.
Xiahou Altiska
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#148 - 2016-05-02 13:43:54 UTC
High-Sec ganking is fine. Ganking via an impossible-to-counter bumping exploit to paralyze other players is not. Now bumping has a counter that doesn't involve Crimewatch for either player.

If you want to gank freighters in high-sec, get your fleet together and do it. All this does is keep individuals from locking down targets while the rest of the corp showers, gets their coffee, and takes their dog for a walk before undocking.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#149 - 2016-05-02 14:52:29 UTC
Xiahou Altiska wrote:
High-Sec ganking is fine. Ganking via an impossible-to-counter bumping exploit to paralyze other players is not. Now bumping has a counter that doesn't involve Crimewatch for either player.

Where is the counter that does not involve crimewatch to haulers in NPC corps?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#150 - 2016-05-02 14:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Xiahou Altiska wrote:
High-Sec ganking is fine. Ganking via an impossible-to-counter bumping exploit to paralyze other players is not.

It isn't an exploit and its far from impossible to counter. Simply bringing a web ship renders bumping all but impossible and if you are bumped getting a fast ship out in front of the freighter allowed you to instantly warp off. It was very easy to both avoid and counter an entire fleet of bumping ships with just one friendly ship.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#151 - 2016-05-02 15:56:07 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

You have a point there, but two wrongs don't make one right.
Besides, you too use this to keep your own hauler safe (as would I).
Nalia White
Tencus
#152 - 2016-05-02 16:03:52 UTC
Kitsune Rei wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Geronimo McVain wrote:

Calm down miner.

Even if it were for the fun so what? You seem to hold on to this misconception that there are areas of space that are perfectly safe. There are no such areas anywhere in this game. So when you say there is 50%+ of New Eden where you can target and engage other players, you are flat out mistaken. That dynamic exists in 100% of New Eden.

He's a troll and one of the people who uses "talking down" to people to get his enjoyment i mentioned earlier :)

Just ignore.

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#153 - 2016-05-02 16:56:21 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:

You have a point there, but two wrongs don't make one right.
Besides, you too use this to keep your own hauler safe (as would I).

If you read the first posts of the minerbumping blog about the invincible stabber, highlighting the problem that multiple battleships could not even suicide gank an annoying Stabber was kind of the message. It also made fun of the corp recycling non-exploit to cancel wardecs, which is still not fixed.

Today I am totally save shipping billions in gank mats across Highsec since almost all the people who are still able to gank it are blue. I don't have to protect my cargo, I could even watch TV while the thing is on ap. You don't think that is broken? I do.

How can this Hello-Kitty-Vikings still pretend "EVE is hard" and "Wreck their dreams" are somehow representative for the game?
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#154 - 2016-05-02 17:31:14 UTC
Yea. You were on of the first gankers I noticed when I was still very new to the game; probably because of the name and the ever-flashing red skull. I thought you were a bot LOL.

Not saying you're not contributing to that peculiar highsec atmosphere, and agreed for the most part that some things are just too safe nowadays.

Also congrats on eliminating the competition by ganking them, in order to gain free reign on the shipping lanes. Well played!

EvE is still the same harsh game though. A slight rebalance or a timer on bumping hasn't changed that -- in fact, us Nullbears have been hit by similar rebalances; such as for instance jump fatigue, a vaporized lowslot on my Gila, deadlier-than-ever carriers, AoE doomsdays, infiniSCRAMS on HICs, no more double-bubbles on our Heretics, ... There is nothing wrong with updates to the game, shaking the meta or granting other ships a spot in the sun for a change.

I'm sure you will cope as you always have. As a brand new player, seeing those red skulls in local made me research WTF was going on and come up with tactics to blow up/outsmart the ganksquads. I for one don't want ganking to disappear -- I just don't see what bumping has to do with ganking.

You are free to open fire (at your own peril) ; but as for bumping we don't see eye to eye. I'll leave it at that.
Xiahou Altiska
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#155 - 2016-05-03 13:08:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Xiahou Altiska
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Xiahou Altiska wrote:

Cargo scanning and math.

Or if repairing sec status is too difficult, Market PVP. If a hauler never leaves high-sec, they are already operating with minimal margins.
Geronimo McVain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2016-05-03 13:44:21 UTC
Nalia White wrote:
He's a troll and one of the people who uses "talking down" to people to get his enjoyment i mentioned earlier :)

Just ignore.

I just can't stand the whinning that the game is so harsh to gankers. Live with whatever CCP allows you. You call people carebear that want total safety but you also want your playstyle sheltered. That why this thread is here.