These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Add an option for compression tax on Citadels

Author
ThePiachu Avar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2016-05-01 00:25:07 UTC  |  Edited by: ThePiachu Avar
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
And a citadel owner can definitely get away with taxing less than the cost of 100 fuel blocks.

It would have to be a pretty small tax then considering that even 1% tax on 150.000 units of ice is would be over 400 million isk.

Compressed ore is often 5-10% more valuable on the market than regular ore, not to mention shipping costs going down a lot.

I don't see many people tracking this, so here is my spreadsheet for most ores:

https://imgur.com/DSz8Efh

All in all, charging 1% tax, whether in ISK or in kind, would not detract from miners' income much, but would be enough to sustain a compression citadel.
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#22 - 2016-05-01 09:36:18 UTC
I too feel that there should be the option to set a tax on compression. There used to be a tax on compression, it was owning a rorq. When they changed that they opened compression up to anyone that wanted to take the risk of owning a POS.

There are lots of people that carry a small pos around with them and set it up just to compress. How many of those people would be willing to pay a small fee and not have to carry a tower around? I am sure there are some of them.There are also people in the middle ground that might welcome this change. They don't use compression often enough to justify the cost of a pos but they can justify paying a fee to use someone else compression array. The other group of people I haven't seen brought up are the people in NPC corps. They cannot setup a pos to compress at. I would be willing to bet they would happily pay a small fee to compress their ores to sell on the market.

Part of playing eve is doing your research. The smart miner will find a citadel that offers a low fee on compression or maybe even no fee. This change would add variety to the landscape of eve and I cannot see anything that it might take away.
ThePiachu Avar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2016-05-02 22:09:40 UTC
Not only that, but being able to charge for compression in popular mining systems could spark a few wars between corporations - you might have some corporation want to move in to a system, destroy the existing citadels so that the miners would use theirs instead. More resources to fight over, more content, more fun.
Previous page12