These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wouldn't it be funny ...

Author
Enormous Peanuts
Novus Princeps Holdings
Integritas Constans
#1 - 2016-05-01 01:22:15 UTC
if high-sec ganking stacked like Jump Fatigue? Or more?

You know, like having a criminal record that follows you around permanently, more or less?

LolLolLolLolLol
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#2 - 2016-05-01 01:40:21 UTC
Show us on the untanked retriever where the EBIL GANKERS touched you.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#3 - 2016-05-01 01:47:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Chopper Rollins
Mission running leads to a fella being KOS with half the hisec map eventually. I know there's a complex way to juggle standings so you can stay in hisec forever but that's just Wrong.
Mission running in null absolutely ruins Empire standings after a few level one missions. Seems there's a plan afoot to move people out of hisec but it isn't rigorous enough to turn the sand in the box to rails.
Which is a good thing.
If those twisted weirdos who make a playstyle out of hisec pvp can do it forever with a much simpler way to persist in Empire space, well that seems to limit the biomassing of characters purely for the purpose of hitting non-combat targets that drop billions.
OP idea is muddled, killboards are a perma-record, too many smiley faces.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#4 - 2016-05-01 02:00:06 UTC
Enormous Peanuts wrote:

You know, like having a criminal record that follows you around permanently, more or less?

LolLolLolLolLol

They do get that, it's a -10 sec status. The thing is, you have to actually shoot them, instead of expecting the game to "fix" your problem.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2016-05-01 02:10:21 UTC
sort of like a status ... of security
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#6 - 2016-05-01 02:16:26 UTC
I think they get a timer(like jump fatigue!) that says you can only float in a pod for the next 15 minutes. Also anyone is free to shoot you with that timer as well.
Gobblock
Void Protectorate
#7 - 2016-05-01 02:31:30 UTC
Wait what? We can shoot other players??? P

pushdogg wrote:
Enormous Peanuts wrote:

LolLolLolLolLol

They do get that, it's a -10 sec status. The thing is, you have to actually shoot them, instead of expecting the game to "fix" your problem.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#8 - 2016-05-01 02:40:55 UTC
You know, I've never once ganked anyone in hisec. Yet everytime I go to hisec, I get called a 'criminal', the Faction Navy comes steaming after me, I can't cloak and other players take delight in throwing things at me. Things like missiles, artillery salvos, warp scramblers and the like......

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#9 - 2016-05-01 10:39:26 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Mission running leads to a fella being KOS with half the hisec map eventually.

Only if you're bad, just don't accept anti-empire faction missions and you're golden
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#10 - 2016-05-01 10:52:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Enormous Peanuts wrote:

LolLolLolLolLol

As funny as if our pilot's license had points on it and everytime we die without tank, or while AFK, we lose points off our license for careless flying.

0 points. 0 ability to fly in Empire space.

I'm sure we'd all find that hilarious.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-05-01 10:55:05 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
You know, I've never once ganked anyone in hisec. Yet everytime I go to hisec, I get called a 'criminal', the Faction Navy comes steaming after me, I can't cloak and other players take delight in throwing things at me. Things like missiles, artillery salvos, warp scramblers and the like......
If you mean Faction Police, it should just be removed imho.

Faction Navy, though 'foolable' to a certain extent, makes sense at least for FW players.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple
#12 - 2016-05-01 10:55:57 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Enormous Peanuts wrote:

LolLolLolLolLol

As funny as if our pilot's license had points on it and everytime we die without tank, or while AFK, we lose points off our license for careless flying.

0 points. 0 ability to fly in Empire space.

I'm sure we'd all find that hilarious.

As long as I don't lose points for speeding. Incursus + MWD = Face pinned to the back of my skull. Big smile
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#13 - 2016-05-01 11:02:36 UTC
Run Sisters Epic Arc sometimes, they give a lot of reputation. You can choose for which faction you can complete it and receive a standing boost.
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#14 - 2016-05-01 12:54:20 UTC
It does. Security status.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#15 - 2016-05-01 16:31:06 UTC
Chopper Rollins wrote:
Mission running leads to a fella being KOS with half the hisec map eventually.

This is just completely false. If you just do normal missions and decline storyline missions, you never hurt your standings with anyone. Well, except for the pirate factions.
Djsaeu
Xx-illuminati-xX
#16 - 2016-05-01 16:38:16 UTC
Better yet. Let someone else do the mission then just go in and take.....everything.

The only thing it hurts is the standing with whoever is there and you also get paid. Pirate
Buba Neagra
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2016-05-01 22:52:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Buba Neagra
Aiwha wrote:
It does. Security status.

We all know sec status is a joke. Show me a real life criminal free to kill again after 15 minutes.
Gankers should get flagged and unable to fly in high sec for a day after the first criminal activity.

After that day off, you can kill again but you'll be flagged again for a day. After all, there's always null sec to kill freely.