These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Turret Ships and Tracking Disruption L4s

Author
Terra Jennings
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-09-15 22:20:20 UTC
I've been using a legion to run L4s and it is decent when there is no tracking disruption but if there is, it completely kills my damage (I get reduced to ~1km). I'm trying to decide if I should just start training for a tengu now or if I get t2 pulses on a BS with about 60km optimal, will I be able to hit/kill all the tracking disruption ships?
Tabernack en Chasteaux
Phoibe Enterprises
#2 - 2011-09-15 22:30:36 UTC
You could try a HAM legion...
Terra Jennings
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-09-15 22:38:06 UTC
Tabernack en Chasteaux wrote:
You could try a HAM legion...

I do have a HAM fit but the range on that is so small it makes missions take forever.
Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#4 - 2011-09-15 22:45:06 UTC
About a HML aka Heavy Missile Launcher Legion. lol
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#5 - 2011-09-16 01:17:24 UTC
Terra Jennings wrote:
if I get t2 pulses on a BS with about 60km optimal, will I be able to hit/kill all the tracking disruption ships?

It will make your life easier, but the real trick is in understanding that NPC TDs only reduce optimal and tracking speed but have no effect on falloff. In practical terms, this means that beams (and especially tachs) handle TDs much better than pulses because they have much, much more falloff in addition to their generous optimal.

Or alternatively you can use ACs.
grumpyguts1
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-09-16 01:29:14 UTC
Tengu with FOF's
Linda Shadowborn
Dark Steel Industries
#7 - 2011-09-16 14:35:04 UTC
Having flown a tengu in amarr space for the last oh half a year i can say, this is one of the cases the tengu isnt all that good. Having to use em missiles really cuts down on the dps it can do. Yes em will do more then kinetic missiles.. by a little.

In the end i gave up and just got a nightmare and from then on didnt look back. Seriously, it really is the monster everyone claims it to be in amarr space. TD doesnt affect it that much, and the monstrous dps it spits out means it doesnt matter that you shield tank. Nothing lives long enough to dent your tank.

I want to love t3s as missioning ships but. frankly only the tengu is worth it OUTSIDE of amarr space. Inside just get a battleship. Sadly. the short range of the legion/proteus and loki means you loose way to much time.
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-17 02:31:29 UTC
A typical megapulse/scorch fit Amar BS with 2-3 TCs, and tracking scripts, should do the job. Swap back to range script when not disrupted. Tracking scripted TCs give 30% tracking bonus, compared to 9% for TEs. Shield tanked NM tracks fine with TEs since it has ship tracking bonus, which ends up giving it comparable tracking as armor BS with TCs.
Shadowsword
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2011-09-17 10:48:51 UTC
Get a Paladin or Nightmare. When you have 40km falloff and a lot of dps, tracking disruptor become a lot less irritating.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#10 - 2011-09-17 16:43:06 UTC
sabre906 wrote:
A typical megapulse/scorch fit Amar BS with 2-3 TCs, and tracking scripts, should do the job. Swap back to range script when not disrupted. Tracking scripted TCs give 30% tracking bonus, compared to 9% for TEs. Shield tanked NM tracks fine with TEs since it has ship tracking bonus, which ends up giving it comparable tracking as armor BS with TCs.

I think you're missing the point. NPC tracking disruption actually doesn't do all that much to tracking, but it absolutely murders optimal. Because pulses have almost no falloff, this obliterates their range -- and tracking scripted TCs are definitely not the solution to that. The best counters are generally weapons with some decent amount of falloff (beams, ACs) with range scripted TCs and/or TEs to further extend the falloff bubble, ensuring that your target ships are at least in your first falloff rather than the second (where damage takes a very serious nosedive).
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2011-09-17 16:50:48 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
sabre906 wrote:

I think you're missing the point. NPC tracking disruption actually doesn't do all that much to tracking, but it absolutely murders optimal. Because pulses have almost no falloff, this obliterates their range -- and tracking scripted TCs are definitely not the solution to that. The best counters are generally weapons with some decent amount of falloff (beams, ACs) with range scripted TCs and/or TEs to further extend the falloff bubble, ensuring that your target ships are at least in your first falloff rather than the second (where damage takes a very serious nosedive).

Lol I see. Learn something new every day. +1 rep

I have a NM parked in amar space, but kept using mach for sansha missions due to lazyness. Always thought it was the tracking before.

A rack of 7-8 tachs would be a b1tch to fit on regular BS. Ouch.
Sgt Zora
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#12 - 2011-09-18 13:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sgt Zora
Apoc with Scorch (t2 pulse) and TE/TCs has minimal problems with Tracking disruption. ALSO the npc Tracking disruption is usually not a problem with the tracking but with the range reduction. So you are best of fitting a range script into TCs. With a reasonably fit Apoc you should be able to hit out to 80-90k optimal. You can hit most ships with that even under disruption.