These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The Bloody Dawn of the Blood Age of Blood

Author
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#1 - 2016-04-28 18:39:58 UTC
Today, I stubbed my toe getting out the bath, and having lanced my toe to prevent a bruise forming under the nail, the resultant blood spelled out the word "Scsscss" on the floor.

This was an ominous omen, that the bloody dawn of the blood age of blood was occurring.

Later, I had a cake, that was filled with jam, and when I sliced the cake with my spork, the jam filling oozed out a little.

Which was a portentous portent, of the bloody dawn of the blood age of blood's imminent arrival.

I saw on the weather report on the news, that a weather system had picked up some iron oxide dust from a desert area of the planet, and was raining it down onto a temperate area, causing slight reddish colouring in the rain water.

Which was an ominous portent of the bloody dawn of the blood age of blood that is happening.

And when I picked up my copy of "Amarr Ladies Fashion Daily", I read that red is the new red, for the coming Season.

Which is a portentous omen of the bloody dawn of the blood age of blood.

The point here, is this.

It's very easy to be condescending and jaded and oh so cynical about newer pilots and their grandiose statements that they often make when first beginning to understand the opportunities that capsuleer existence allows.

But it doesn't really do you any good to be that jaded.

For, in so doing, you have become the literal monster that the lurid comic books like to paint capsuleers as.

"Oh, another star system exploded today. That seems about average for this time of year", dismissing gigadeaths or teradeaths as casually as one dismisses the weather forecast.

And, it steers some impressionable capsuleers into the darker philosophies. An eternity of ennui ? Or a joyous slaughtering of everything that moves ? Which sounds more fun ?

So, when a newer pilot makes some egregious boast, do not be so jaded and condescending. Instead, react in a way that recognises them.

Instead of "You're a no-good dumbo nothing that just flunked out of the academy", try saying "I relish the opportunity to crush you in space".

Because if you don't, do you know what happens ?

It means that the IGS becomes stale, with only the constant complaining about why the Federation must be destroyed, to provide any texture to it.

And that's terrible.

Also, I don't know if it is the bloody dawn of the blood age of blood, because, the whole point of the End Times is that no-one knows when they might occur, therefore one cannot cheat and only repent when they arrive, one must repent now, and be sincere about it.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-04-28 19:02:29 UTC
No.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Maria Daphiti
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#3 - 2016-04-28 19:36:31 UTC
I relish the opportunity to crush you in space.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#4 - 2016-04-28 19:51:32 UTC
But..... will there be blood?

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Valerie Valate
#5 - 2016-04-28 19:58:06 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
But..... will there be blood?

If you stub your toe on something, there very well might be !

Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#6 - 2016-04-28 20:04:13 UTC
The appearance of so many small blood-oriented corporations led by relatively new pilots is itself a sign of the coming of the Blood Age.

P. S. I am rather happy at the attention that my doctrine of the Four Ages and the doctrine of the Blood Age in particular have received. It seems to be my most popular doctrine. Perhaps I should continue to expound upon it, adding more and more details and fleshing out the finer points of its theology.
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#7 - 2016-04-28 20:22:43 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
Perhaps I should continue to expound upon it, adding more and more details and fleshing out the finer points of its theology.

That sure is a fancy way to summarize withdrawing information from your rectum.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-04-28 21:27:15 UTC
Sani Sabik could always just infect themselves with the Kynoke pit virus and bring in the blood age by having it pour out of every orifice in their body.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#9 - 2016-04-28 21:39:00 UTC
Another day, another prayer that the pit virus eradicate Mankind. Because Science!
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#10 - 2016-04-28 22:05:29 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Today, I stubbed my toe getting out the bath, and having lanced my toe to prevent a bruise forming under the nail, the resultant blood spelled out the word "Scsscss" on the floor.

Hmmm... I too see shapes and letters in random things, like the skull in the metropolis (or heimatar, some region in Matari space since its red) cloud you can see from other regions.
Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#11 - 2016-04-28 22:48:17 UTC
I was in a bar looking over the menu and my thumb landed on the cocktail Bloody Mary. Is this an omen or something?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Natheniel
Kurupt.
Sedition.
#12 - 2016-04-28 23:43:57 UTC
I am amused.

That is all.

"Life is as a storm, one must be prepared for the hardship and scorn. But with in this is a light, one for which we must fight. For hope is our weapon and our dreams are our shield. When fully armed we can not be felled from the field."

Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-04-29 00:44:09 UTC
Okay, bear with me here. I'm about to blow your mind.

V A L E R I E V A L A T E

Valerie Valate's name has thirteen letters. Thirteen. Written down, thirteen is composed of the digits 1 and 3. When you add 1 and 3 together, you get 4.

4. There are four major powers in New Eden, the Gallente, the Minmatar, the Amarr... and the Caldari.

Caldari. The Caldari homeworld produced two major bloodlines: the Deteis and the Civire.

Civire. When pronounced with a soft Gallentean C, "Civire" sounds like "severe."

"Severe" is a word meaning "very bad or intense."

Intense. The intensive reprocessing array is the more efficient of the two starbase-compatible refining arrays available on the SCC market.

SCC. The Secure Commerce Commission is responsible for regulating and monitoring all trade transactions that take place on space stations.

Space stations. Space stations are constructions outside of planetary atmospheres that can house human beings.

Human beings. Human beings have bodies.

And human bodies are full of...

BLOOD.

BLOOD AGE CONFIRMED.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Sinjin Mokk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2016-04-29 01:03:27 UTC
This is why we can't have nice things.

"Angels live, they never die, Apart from us, behind the sky. They're fading souls who've turned to ice, So ashen white in paradise."

Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#15 - 2016-04-29 02:17:17 UTC
Oh, ma'am, I relish opportunity to crush so many loudmouths and liars from IGS in space, but, unfortunately, they are incapable of anything besides flapping their tongues and spreading lies about Caldari officers.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#16 - 2016-04-29 02:21:16 UTC
Bosborgor, remember?
Valerie Valate
#17 - 2016-04-29 05:07:43 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
I was in a bar looking over the menu and my thumb landed on the cocktail Bloody Mary. Is this an omen or something?

Clearly, it is a portentous ominous boding sign.

Or maybe you drink too much.

Or not enough.

Or in the wrong bars.

Karmilla Strife
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#18 - 2016-04-29 13:14:22 UTC
May the bloody mary age come quickly, Amen.
Valerie Valate
#19 - 2016-04-29 14:07:54 UTC
Karmilla Strife wrote:
May the bloody mary age come quickly, Amen.

I shall refer you to the words of the Inebriated Brotherhood of Old Udor, a monastic order famous for their ales:

"Sun's up
Drink up"
- Is it my round Ch 2 v 14

Truly, it is Written.

Jason Galente
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-04-29 19:27:07 UTC
I got my blood tested today.

Get horny, bitches.

There was so much of it.. and they put it in these... tubes.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

12Next page