These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interface Improvement

Author
Dragonite Pava
Me N The Boyz
#1 - 2016-04-28 19:05:07 UTC
I really like the current interface, it has lots of customization and its well made. I think it would be great if when you clicked and dragged an item/fit/location/name over a tab and held it for some time (2-3 seconds) it would make that the active tab so you could paste it into chats, often I select an item but don't already have the correct tab ready or I want to drag a name from one tab to another one within the same tab series.
Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#2 - 2016-04-29 00:35:16 UTC
Agreed. this would be very helpful when trying to post intel into an intel channel. When I need to post intel quickly, I immediately start grabbing names from local and drag them down to chat. If I don't have my intel channel selected, then I have to waste time (I know it's mere seconds, but quite often seconds count) to drop the name, change my chat channel, grab the name again, and drag it all the way back down. I actually almost lost a Gila this way because I was more concerned with getting intel posted than I was with saving my own neck. I got lucky because the guy landed about 50km from me and I was already aligned. He was in an interceptor though. If I had been even a second slower, he would have had me pointed. I think that this feature with a 2 second delay would be very helpful.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2016-04-29 06:06:08 UTC
Agreed. I do that every now and then myself and then notice that I am using EVE and not the Windows UI from which I'm used to this functionality.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.