These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Rebalance Noob Ship Cargo Sizes

Author
Kenrailae
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#21 - 2016-04-28 01:25:21 UTC
Donna, did you even look at my Sig?

So yeah....

Good fight m8. L2R

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#22 - 2016-04-28 13:28:31 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:
Donna, did you even look at my Sig?

So yeah....

Good fight m8. L2R

Lookied at your sig, checked you on Eve Who and several of the online kill boards, it is a part of what I do.
Augustus Ceasar and General George Patton among many others taught me well, to know your enemy is to be able to defeat your enemy. No we are not enemies here we are simply sparring partners in what is likely to be a useless debate but the same basics theory apply here as they would in battle.

It has been fun to spar with a worthy opponent so as they say GF.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#23 - 2016-04-28 13:54:55 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
I say we go the other way and make sure none of them can with cyno V

Why?

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#24 - 2016-04-28 13:56:50 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Kenrailae wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
I say we go the other way and make sure none of them can with cyno V

Also an option, though it needs to be either or, not 3:1.

I don't think it matters, given that the rookie ship with cargo fittings will almost always cost more than a probe frigate without.

right now some of the rookie ships do not need any fittings other than the cyno to cyno

Why is this a problem?

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-04-28 16:49:56 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
I don't think it matters, given that the rookie ship with cargo fittings will almost always cost more than a probe frigate without.

right now some of the rookie ships do not need any fittings other than the cyno to cyno

The cyno module costs several times as much as a probe frigate. Even the liquid ozone costs almost as much as the frigate!

FT Diomedes wrote:
Why is this a problem?

I'm in the camp with FT Diomedes asking why it even matters. I don't see a problem with being able to save a tiny bit of ISK on using a rookie ship instead of a frigate to cyno. The main reason anyone will use a rookie ship for cynoing is either laziness or lack of a market. It's an easy job, I don't see a reason to make it insignificantly harder or insignificantly easier by making any changes to rookie ships. The new player experience is what they should be balanced around.

And most importantly, if we were to arrive at the conclusion that the rookie ships had too much or too little effort holding cyno fuel, it would not be a reason to rebalance the cargo of rookie ships, but a reason to rebalance the cargo cost of cyno fuel, because frigates are another kind of rookie's ship and it's easy to cyno with most but not all frigates.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2016-04-28 17:35:50 UTC
Donna, the only way that will work out is if people have an alternative way to cyno. I've always thought that ships should have a way to blind jump into a system. Instead of the tactical pinpoint precision of a cyno, a random jump in point in a system (most obvious place would be a planet or the sun. You run the risk of yolo into a system and having no real control on your destination.

Remove the requirement of needing a cyno to jump systems and make it a more tactical system (you can do both), you can probably remove the Rookie ship cyno (because now people don't have an excuse).

There should be some negatives to the system but basically something like that.

* cyno jump to specific location
* blind jump to system with no real intelligence and no control over destination. Cyno not required but if anybody sees you blind jump, your basically in a world of trouble.

Yaay!!!!

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-04-28 17:49:12 UTC
Howabout the sun acts as a cyno? It makes sense from a lore perspective and it provides a known jumping point that can be camped if anyone is expecting you. Of course you can get a friend to scout the sun, but then you can also get a friend to cyno you at the station or citadel.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Previous page12