These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What we grrrrgoons going to do?

First post
Author
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#621 - 2016-04-26 23:02:34 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
You're veering away from the point - Again. You keep harping on about IWI, but it's crystal clear that that's not the actual problem. The CFC is being attacked, and is currently on the losing side, which is what the thread is about. IWI was brought up as a reason why it's happening, and how this is unfair. Then it was about 'how IWI is bad for the game' to divert attention away from the actual issue.
Except of course that I had the same issues with all of these gambling sites long before this war. I'm not veerign away from anything, you just can't deal with the idea that someone might have a problem with IWI without it being related to the current war. But that's your problem to deal with.

Reiisha wrote:
The problem is, it DOES have to do with the CFC. Otherwise you would never have brought it up in the first place.
Incorrect. Feel free to go back and check.

Reiisha wrote:
IWI does not have any space you know. CFC did.
Exactly. IWI has no space, no in space assets and no reason to undock. Everything they make is through a third party application and so they cannot be attacked the same ways every other alliance can.

Reiisha wrote:
because "we're not here to ruin the game, we're here to ruin your game".
Good lord you guys need to stop crying about that saying. All that means is the same thing every competitive group means, that they will aim to win and aim for you to lose and failing that aim for you not to have the luxury of a victory. Hell, even CCP have gone with that "Build Your Dreams, Wreck Their Dreams" thing.

Reiisha wrote:
To name just one basic example: Can you say you've never used EFT? Or are you going to try and find arguments for why 'that doesn't count'? How about the countless corp and alliance tools that help manage any massive organization in the game? POS timer tools? For crying out loud, Microsoft Excel falls in that category and should obviously be banned, right? A lot of tools exist that help you maximize your ISK earning potential, maybe this one just sits closer to the metal than most.
Of course I have and like I said last time I was asked the question, I'd be happy to see all third party tools banned. But I prioritises ones that I feel have more impact or less availability. IWI is only available to people who can write an application of that level, and it rakes in trillions of isk. EFT is available to everyone and it helps you fit a ship. You can't honestly say you believe the advantage gained from EFT is on par with the advantage from IWI.

"In fact, this whole thing started because the SMA was screwing around with IWI, to take advantage of their system and stealing their stuff."
You should probably check your facts. One of the IWI bankers was stealing from SMA, got mad when he got outplayed when he tried to have his stolen stuff shipped out after he was booted. From there IWI backed him demanding SMA pay him out or they would withhold ISK SMA had within IWI. That's when SMA took what they could.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#622 - 2016-04-26 23:08:45 UTC
Jade Krendraven wrote:
You know I honestly thought the guy was just some random troll when he came to /r/eve and tried to spin Mittani into some defenseless victim of cyber-bullying
I never said he was a helpless victim, I simply pointed out how much of a hypocrite you are for getting on your high horse while simultaneously supporting personal attacks on a player.

And as if to prove my point you just show up here to insult me. Good times. Have you considered trying to have civil discussions at all?

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Isaac Armer
The Soup Kitchen
#623 - 2016-04-26 23:44:27 UTC
Jade Krendraven wrote:
I dunno, I think at this point you have to be pretty delusional to come to /r/eve and try to spin Mittani into some victim who deserves our sympathy but who knows...maybe he really is just terrible at propaganda. After all good propaganda is supposed to change public opinion, all he seems to do is get people to grrrgoons more.


hmmm, so maybe he actually works with IWI, is GREAT at propaganda and is doing his part in the anti-imperium war Shocked
Reiisha
#624 - 2016-04-27 11:30:55 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
"In fact, this whole thing started because the SMA was screwing around with IWI, to take advantage of their system and stealing their stuff."
You should probably check your facts. One of the IWI bankers was stealing from SMA, got mad when he got outplayed when he tried to have his stolen stuff shipped out after he was booted. From there IWI backed him demanding SMA pay him out or they would withhold ISK SMA had within IWI. That's when SMA took what they could.


Either you are spinning hard and are a mittens alt or you really did fall into the pit and are clinging desperately to your dignity...

I feel for you man, i really do.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#625 - 2016-04-27 14:07:40 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Either you are spinning hard and are a mittens alt or you really did fall into the pit and are clinging desperately to your dignity...

I feel for you man, i really do.
Nope, I just happen to source my information from more than just reddit. Being there first hand helps a bit too.

And why would mittens spin about SMA? It would benefit him more to go with the reddit line on it to distance himself from the reasons the war started and to an extent he already did that on one of the SOTGs.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#626 - 2016-04-27 16:39:01 UTC
Well this is all fascinating and such, but I must point out the facts. MBC has lannded on a carrier put up a banner and declaired Mission Accomplished, and are now shooting each other. Meanwhile Goons are scourging Pandemic Horde and taking back Fade and Pure Blind. Pandemic Horde keep placating themselves with, 'PL will show up, surely PL will show up.'

I came in at the last bit of a THREE YEAR hellwar. Do you realise how long that is, how much effort and dedication that took to accomplish? You all are to used to these weak alliances that collapse like wet cardboard after about a month. You just can't claim victory after a month against Goons because 'they have no space left, therefore VICTORY!' You will forever go Grr Goons, because I don't see any of you do more than whine against Goons. You have no dedication or determination beyond talking it up on reddit for the upvote karma, or here for the likes. Many alliances, and coallitions have claimed "there are no Goons." Where are they now? They are gone, the dust of faded memories and the butt of countless jokes, yet we are still here.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Jade Krendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#627 - 2016-04-27 16:49:50 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
yet we are still here, losing thousands of members and SOV and refusing to do much besides trying to harass a newbie corp.


Fixed that for you.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#628 - 2016-04-27 16:55:15 UTC
For the PH defense timer, I saw NC., Tishu, Spectre, REKTD (obviously), PL and TEST. How do you figure we're leaving them high and dry?
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#629 - 2016-04-27 17:03:21 UTC
Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
For the PH defense timer, I saw NC., Tishu, Spectre, REKTD (obviously), PL and TEST. How do you figure we're leaving them high and dry?

Reddit tells that PH won this war 'almost solo'. Your list looks too little too long for such winners.... For how long you will protect them? Will they ever do something on their own?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#630 - 2016-04-27 17:08:20 UTC
Yes.
Jason Galente
Hole Punchers
I Could Do Better
#631 - 2016-04-28 11:30:01 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Well this is all fascinating and such, but I must point out the facts. MBC has lannded on a carrier put up a banner and declaired Mission Accomplished, and are now shooting each other. Meanwhile Goons are scourging Pandemic Horde and taking back Fade and Pure Blind. Pandemic Horde keep placating themselves with, 'PL will show up, surely PL will show up.'

I came in at the last bit of a THREE YEAR hellwar. Do you realise how long that is, how much effort and dedication that took to accomplish? You all are to used to these weak alliances that collapse like wet cardboard after about a month. You just can't claim victory after a month against Goons because 'they have no space left, therefore VICTORY!' You will forever go Grr Goons, because I don't see any of you do more than whine against Goons. You have no dedication or determination beyond talking it up on reddit for the upvote karma, or here for the likes. Many alliances, and coallitions have claimed "there are no Goons." Where are they now? They are gone, the dust of faded memories and the butt of countless jokes, yet we are still here.


Are you on crack? You are not taking back Fade. Lmfao.

You guys can't even kick out a newbie corp. It's really sad to see how far the Goons have fallen. I'm watching them brag in local about killing Ventures and Catalysts now, when they lost their stealth bomber to do it.

Only the liberty of the individual assures the prosperity of the whole. And this foundation must be defended.

At any cost

Captain Awkward
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#632 - 2016-04-28 11:54:07 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Well this is all fascinating and such, but I must point out the facts. MBC has lannded on a carrier put up a banner and declaired Mission Accomplished, and are now shooting each other. Meanwhile Goons are scourging Pandemic Horde and taking back Fade and Pure Blind. Pandemic Horde keep placating themselves with, 'PL will show up, surely PL will show up.'

I came in at the last bit of a THREE YEAR hellwar. Do you realise how long that is, how much effort and dedication that took to accomplish? You all are to used to these weak alliances that collapse like wet cardboard after about a month. You just can't claim victory after a month against Goons because 'they have no space left, therefore VICTORY!' You will forever go Grr Goons, because I don't see any of you do more than whine against Goons. You have no dedication or determination beyond talking it up on reddit for the upvote karma, or here for the likes. Many alliances, and coallitions have claimed "there are no Goons." Where are they now? They are gone, the dust of faded memories and the butt of countless jokes, yet we are still here.


Goons right now : A ex hooligan trying to beat up a child and shouting at the crowd : "See how I am still a very serious oponent?"
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#633 - 2016-04-28 14:14:01 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Well this is all fascinating and such, but I must point out the facts. MBC has lannded on a carrier put up a banner and declaired Mission Accomplished, and are now shooting each other. Meanwhile Goons are scourging Pandemic Horde and taking back Fade and Pure Blind. Pandemic Horde keep placating themselves with, 'PL will show up, surely PL will show up.'

I came in at the last bit of a THREE YEAR hellwar. Do you realise how long that is, how much effort and dedication that took to accomplish? You all are to used to these weak alliances that collapse like wet cardboard after about a month. You just can't claim victory after a month against Goons because 'they have no space left, therefore VICTORY!' You will forever go Grr Goons, because I don't see any of you do more than whine against Goons. You have no dedication or determination beyond talking it up on reddit for the upvote karma, or here for the likes. Many alliances, and coallitions have claimed "there are no Goons." Where are they now? They are gone, the dust of faded memories and the butt of countless jokes, yet we are still here.



And?

You've already lost your empire, most of your allies and what was left of your dignity so really whats left for us to give a **** about?

You want to rebuild and try again then go ahead, unlike you we actually enjoy fighting.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#634 - 2016-04-28 19:11:48 UTC
Jason Galente wrote:

Are you on crack? You are not taking back Fade. Lmfao.

You guys can't even kick out a newbie corp. It's really sad to see how far the Goons have fallen. I'm watching them brag in local about killing Ventures and Catalysts now, when they lost their stealth bomber to do it.


Um, you need to get out of O1Y-ED more. Please tell me why Dotlan and zkillboard are lying to me, I thought they used CREST data, not the prattlings of a horde entosis slave.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka