These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Blue loot buy orders?

Author
Ortus Maleficus
Lambent Enterprises
Virtue of Selfishness
#1 - 2016-04-25 20:47:04 UTC
Why am I seeing blue loot buy orders in trade hubs or even at the blue loot buy order locations? Is this just a strategy to see who is selling a lot of it for war dec targeting or somethin'?
Thea Jones
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2016-04-25 21:37:23 UTC
Ortus Maleficus wrote:
Why am I seeing blue loot buy orders in trade hubs or even at the blue loot buy order locations? Is this just a strategy to see who is selling a lot of it for war dec targeting or somethin'?


People don't realise there are NPC buy orders for blueloot.

Also sometimes its risky hauling a few billion in blueloot through highsec, and people will more readily sell blueloot to buy orders than trek it through multiple jumps and risk a comedy gank killmail.

People will put up orders for the convenience.
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-04-25 23:31:52 UTC
Thea Jones wrote:
Ortus Maleficus wrote:
Why am I seeing blue loot buy orders in trade hubs or even at the blue loot buy order locations? Is this just a strategy to see who is selling a lot of it for war dec targeting or somethin'?

People don't realise there are NPC buy orders for blueloot.
Also sometimes its risky hauling a few billion in blueloot through highsec, and people will more readily sell blueloot to buy orders than trek it through multiple jumps and risk a comedy gank killmail.
People will put up orders for the convenience.

This is not really accurate.
Sure, some number of those orders can be put down to incompetence but the vast majority are used for money laundering.
Getting blue books and dropping them for an alt/friend at a safe spot is a great way to get isk to a character without leaving a paper/api trail.
The reason blue books are the best for this is that their prices never change so you lose absolute minimum in the transfer.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-04-26 00:40:54 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Thea Jones wrote:
Ortus Maleficus wrote:
Why am I seeing blue loot buy orders in trade hubs or even at the blue loot buy order locations? Is this just a strategy to see who is selling a lot of it for war dec targeting or somethin'?

People don't realise there are NPC buy orders for blueloot.
Also sometimes its risky hauling a few billion in blueloot through highsec, and people will more readily sell blueloot to buy orders than trek it through multiple jumps and risk a comedy gank killmail.
People will put up orders for the convenience.

This is not really accurate.
Sure, some number of those orders can be put down to incompetence but the vast majority are used for money laundering.
Getting blue books and dropping them for an alt/friend at a safe spot is a great way to get isk to a character without leaving a paper/api trail.
The reason blue books are the best for this is that their prices never change so you lose absolute minimum in the transfer.


.... Been doing a little shady business huh :-)

Yaay!!!!

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2016-04-26 03:37:52 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Thea Jones wrote:
Ortus Maleficus wrote:
Why am I seeing blue loot buy orders in trade hubs or even at the blue loot buy order locations? Is this just a strategy to see who is selling a lot of it for war dec targeting or somethin'?

People don't realise there are NPC buy orders for blueloot.
Also sometimes its risky hauling a few billion in blueloot through highsec, and people will more readily sell blueloot to buy orders than trek it through multiple jumps and risk a comedy gank killmail.
People will put up orders for the convenience.

This is not really accurate.
Sure, some number of those orders can be put down to incompetence but the vast majority are used for money laundering.
Getting blue books and dropping them for an alt/friend at a safe spot is a great way to get isk to a character without leaving a paper/api trail.
The reason blue books are the best for this is that their prices never change so you lose absolute minimum in the transfer.

.... Been doing a little shady business huh :-)

wouldn't worry about it. you should go ahead and accept your outstanding corp applications ;)

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout