These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Carrier PSA (now with images nd video)

Author
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1 - 2016-04-25 17:54:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Now there are a lot of issues with carriers and i recommend you all read the two feedback threads but this is going to go over the main issue. Now that the pach notes are out and there is no sign of it being fix i will assume ccp has decided on these numbers

the best sensor strength of a fighter is 8 (heavy and support fighters t2)

what this means not only can your carriers but also your super carriers can be 100% jammed by a single griffin you have been warned

Dirritat'z Demblin wrote:
...That Single griffin would blind 1 (one) fighter. One squad of fighters has 6 (?) members. One carrier can launch 3 squads at once. ECMing Fighters will have no impact on the carrier that controls them.

1 griffin can blind 5 squads off fighters so every squad a super can launch

if you think losing all of your dps has no effect on you then you can ignore this

EDIT:

some ppl seem confused as to how fighters work

one squad is counted as an entity you do not and can not lock individual fighters. if you jam one squad you jam every fighter in it (same with all forms of e-war)

VIDEO
Thea Jones
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2016-04-25 17:58:23 UTC
Jam the fighter or jam the carrier?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3 - 2016-04-25 17:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

what this means not only can your carriers but also your super carriers can be 100% jammed by a single griffin you have been warned

If true, I...oh hell...I just don't care.

I'm only posting because I like being 'first'.

Mr Epeen Cool

~ed~ Didn't even manage that :(
Dirritat'z Demblin
Buntspecht GmbH und Co. KG
Black. Flag.
#4 - 2016-04-25 17:59:53 UTC
...That Single griffin would blind 1 (one) fighter. One squad of fighters has 6 (?) members. One carrier can launch 3 squads at once. ECMing Fighters will have no impact on the carrier that controls them.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#5 - 2016-04-25 18:04:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave

1 griffin can blind 5 squads off fighters so every squad a super can launch. you don't just effect one fighter in a squad you effect all of them in that squad
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#6 - 2016-04-25 18:11:27 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

1 griffin can blind 5 squads off fighters so every squad a super can launch. you don't just effect one fighter in a squad you effect all of them in that squad

So you are saying you can jam out 27 light fighters with a single griffin? I wouldn't bet on it.
Dirritat'z Demblin
Black. Flag.
#7 - 2016-04-25 18:15:36 UTC
Where do you got that you can blind a whole sqad with one ECM? Afaik you control them by squad, but need to target them individual. So, even on the off chance that the papertanked grifin lands all ecm 100% of the time, that's 5 fighters, not 5 squads.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2016-04-25 18:16:57 UTC
Where do you got that you can blind a whole sqad with one ECM? Afaik you control them by squad, but need to target them individual. So, even on the off chance that the papertanked grifin lands all ecm 100% of the time, that's 5 fighters, not 5 squads.

no you target them by squad as far as the server is concerned they are one entity

how do i know they will jam the entire squad? i have been testing the carriers for the past month
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2016-04-25 18:17:46 UTC
KC Kamikaze wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

So you are saying you can jam out 27 light fighters with a single griffin? I wouldn't bet on it.

you only need to jam one squad to jam all the fighters in it
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#10 - 2016-04-25 18:23:03 UTC
If that is the case I'd agree it is broken. Sensor strength of 8 as a cap is a joke.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#11 - 2016-04-25 18:26:25 UTC
KC Kamikaze wrote:
If that is the case I'd agree it is broken. Sensor strength of 8 as a cap is a joke.

lol and that's the best the t1 attack light fighters only have 5
Dirritat'z Demblin
Black. Flag.
#12 - 2016-04-25 18:26:36 UTC
Indeed. That's not just broken, that's a major bug IMHO. Like, damaging the whole squad with one shoot-kinda-bug.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#13 - 2016-04-25 18:28:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
you can say its a bug but it was pointed out to the devs over and over.
Krevnos
Back Door Burglars
#14 - 2016-04-25 18:33:54 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

no you target them by squad as far as the server is concerned they are one entity

how do i know they will jam the entire squad? i have been testing the carriers for the past month

I know many people are likely to be confused by the new fighter mechanics (they really are a mess and so is the accompanying interface), but this man is actually right:

Fighters are targeted as squads.

A griffin can target a squad to jam it. 5 mids means 5 squads can simultaneously be targeted and jammed.

Also worth noting is how easily fighters can be shot down.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#15 - 2016-04-25 18:39:05 UTC
Krevnos wrote:
[quote=Lugh Crow-Slave]

Also worth noting is how easily fighters can be shot down.

lol there is so much worth noting thats why i tried directing ppl to the feed back threads only reason i gave this problem its own thread is i felt a lot of ppl would lose carriers to this and have no idea what happened
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#16 - 2016-04-25 18:46:51 UTC
How easily they are shot down is not nearly as important. With the changes we get a **** ton of them in the fighter bay, but a sensor strength of 8 is horrible. Crap idea.

Worth noting also with the fighter changes I hope they reduce the material cost of fighters because they are going to be ridiculously expensive to replace as easily as they are killed.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#17 - 2016-04-25 18:49:31 UTC
KC Kamikaze wrote:
How easily they are shot down is not nearly as important. With the changes we get a **** ton of them in the fighter bay, but a sensor strength of 8 is horrible. Crap idea.

Worth noting also with the fighter changes I hope they reduce the material cost of fighters because they are going to be ridiculously expensive to replace as easily as they are killed.

you dnt get all that many a chimera only gets about 5 flights

and the cost per flight is higher than one fighter now
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#18 - 2016-04-25 18:56:14 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
KC Kamikaze wrote:

So it's been a week or more since i did any testing and most of my time was testing doomsdays and titan guns but I did notice my super could fit a crap ton of fighters, didn't really pay attention to carriers. So here is a question on the whole squadron thing:

1. As someone targets and dps your squad do you lose fighters as they dps or do you lose them all in one shot when all hp is gone? If you lose them as you go what is the threshold and does it affect the amount of damage you do?

2. Can you remote rep your squad effectively?

Lugh Crow-Slave
#19 - 2016-04-25 19:02:43 UTC
KC Kamikaze wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
KC Kamikaze wrote:

So it's been a week or more since i did any testing and most of my time was testing doomsdays and titan guns but I did notice my super could fit a crap ton of fighters, didn't really pay attention to carriers. So here is a question on the whole squadron thing:

1. As someone targets and dps your squad do you lose fighters as they dps or do you lose them all in one shot when all hp is gone? If you lose them as you go what is the threshold and does it affect the amount of damage you do?

2. Can you remote rep your squad effectively?

1 you can only lose up to one fighter at a time but a proper fit desi wing of about 3-5 can kill off a squad in about 15s. however thats not how you do it. using light fighters as an example. you only kill 4 out of a squad if you are dealing with a thanny or nid and 3 out of a squad for a chimera/archon. carriers barrly do enough dps with full squads so if you diminish them the carrier is no threat and it means they have to spend the time to call them back.

2 no
KC Kamikaze
Blue-Fire
Great Blue Balls of Fire
#20 - 2016-04-25 19:17:50 UTC
Sounds like carriers are horribly broken. I've done a little super pvp testing and they seemed to be very powerful and able to track small stuff well though i wasn't shooting back at myself.
12Next page