These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

New WH Drifter Burners and changes to Capital Escalation

Author
Winthorp
#41 - 2016-04-08 23:59:10 UTC
Valyn Horn wrote:
Winthorp wrote:
Pinkylein wrote:
A lot of words over and over and over saying the same dumb ****



Look i have to pull all you up here not because you all are entirely wrong but your math is that of a kid attending kindy for the first time and counting numbers by apples on the table. You can finger paint after you listen to me for a little though.

I know you think because the sites go from 4 days to 1 that you somehow think this makes it a 75% nerf. So for a start those sites that were saved for 4 days previously now only last 1 day. Correct you are but here is the magic number you missed when counting on your stubby toes was that these site RESPAWN, yes that is right these sites respawn all over with some being in your static or three wh's away or in your wh. What makes the wizard sleeve of math go on here is someone in another wh has run their new 1 day sites (No longer 4 days for them either, i know magic right) and some of those sights may have just RESPAWNED into your wh.

Math man, don't try it at home kids.


FWIW, the odds that a given site spawns in your hole upon completion is around 1% for my region (90 systems). And this rate increase will not be aided by the dead systems that have no active residents. Nor will it be aided if this discourages wormhole life in general. Furthermore, I don't think the running of a site in 4 days to expiration vs 1 day was that much of a detriment to spawn rates because as soon as the site is triggered, at least it is a guaranteed despawn, whereas the sites accumulating in dead systems are all but immortal until a new resident moves in or it is found by day trippers.

If they put a timer on sites in general, even if they are not warped to, that would help the spawn rate situation more than anything else.

My original post at the beginning of the thread did clearly state that spawn rates would have to change to mitigate the damage, but I disagree that the escalation change alone will provide that rate change. Maybe some increase, but I really don't think it will increase as much as you think it will.


Yeah i 100% agree with an auto timer for site despawn. I know i and other people have asked for it directly and via CSM, no response on this has ever been received. I am wondering if they just don't know how to do it.
Valyn Horn
Boys in Plaid
#42 - 2016-04-10 23:59:19 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
I am wondering if they just don't know how to do it.


That's an interesting notion. I did see someone ask that in the thread while the dev was responding to questions. And as soon as it was asked, the dev disappeared I think. How hard could it be?!
Kalseth
Anomalous Existence
Initiative Mercenaries
#43 - 2016-04-11 17:51:42 UTC
Mimiko Severovski wrote:

You really lack the understanding of how high class wh space anom mechanics work in order to call anyone's math wrong.
But please continue to spew anal pain about something that doesn't concern you, nor you know anything about mr c2 man.


I should leave this along but the shear irony involved is just to much to pass by. The thought that because some on is in a WH corp that is based in a c2 means that they never lived in High class space ... or that they have never done or know about how things work there is stupid as it is wide spreed.

I will just leave this post as an example .... Jack literly wrote the guide for running escelations ... like a boss.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=144954
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#44 - 2016-04-24 14:35:10 UTC
The same thing is done with certain combat missions. Shouldnt be possible imo. The big difference with wormholes being the insane amounts of isk generated from 1 site.

Should it be ok to farm the same site multiple times? Its CCP's game and it looks like they have decided more work and risk need to be involved in such high payout scenarios. Other than the obvious decrease in isk/h it would seem more action will be comming to high end wormholes soon. Which is a win for everyone. Right?

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Thea Jones
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2016-04-25 02:20:36 UTC
Honestly the better fix to this would be to address the issues of instant intelligence wormholes popping up and the ability to mass crit all holes so people can farm in peace.

This is a decentish first step.. but that would be a better move to be honest.

End the Solo Instance Candyland of wspace and you'll get more kills.. and probably a bunch of wimps running out because they can't PVE in peace anymore.
Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End
#46 - 2016-04-27 01:00:47 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
Mimiko Severovski wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Mimiko Severovski wrote:
Jack Miton wrote:
Good change.
Yes it's a large nerf to the current farming method, yes that is the whole point.

10-15min per site in no effect c6 wh with 1.1-1.2b per site payout, easy solo-able, not even that big of a nerf.

your math seems off but even assuming it isnt, that's a 75% reduction since you cant farm sites across DT.

You really lack the understanding of how high class wh space anom mechanics work in order to call anyone's math wrong.
But please continue to spew anal pain about something that doesn't concern you, nor you know anything about mr c2 man

Yes, you are clearly correct. i have no idea how C5-6 sites work. I have certainly never run them in my life. definitely not solo, or with friends, or with or without caps, 100% positively never fully escalate sites by myself. ive certainly never written multiple guides on how to run them, nor taught several groups how to do them. and further, Ive never farmed sites across multiple DTs, hell, you are right, I dont actually leave C2 space, that would be scary!

you lack of tact, not to mention basic decency, truly is staggering.

PS: good luck trying to solo drifers



I can attest that Jack Miton knows nothing about wormholes, and definitely did not teach me anything about how to run C5 escalations. He definitely wasn't solo-boxing C6 sites in Aussie time either. Furthermore, I can definitely attest to the fact that the aforementioned poster is clearly the definitive expert on this matter.


Svo.

PS Hi Jack.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2016-04-28 21:47:34 UTC
YaY flamey post drama !!! On a more serious note..... I'm very interested on the ways these drifter bosses can be used to troll ppls holes :P

Citadel release notes stated that if multiple drifter bosses are up then they "can" ?? come to the aid of the one being attacked.
Sounds as if it's not 100% certain but if anyone could get on the other side of the system and spawn some bosses while a group is running escalations that would be funny.

Not sure how viable though.
Pinkylein
No Vacancies
Wardec Mechanics
#48 - 2016-04-29 10:15:55 UTC
Johng Kahn wrote:
YaY flamey post drama !!! On a more serious note..... I'm very interested on the ways these drifter bosses can be used to troll ppls holes :P

Citadel release notes stated that if multiple drifter bosses are up then they "can" ?? come to the aid of the one being attacked.
Sounds as if it's not 100% certain but if anyone could get on the other side of the system and spawn some bosses while a group is running escalations that would be funny.

Not sure how viable though.


Since on an early note they stated, that drifters remain over DT, i would say you can prepare that before they even start with the sites. If they don't see this coming i would say 3-4 drifter bosses, when they intend to take one down in their current site, will be quite amusing :D
Killerloop
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2016-05-02 09:07:58 UTC
Valyn Horn wrote:
[quote=Winthorp][quote=Pinkylein]
If they put a timer on sites in general, even if they are not warped to, that would help the spawn rate situation more than anything else.

My original post at the beginning of the thread did clearly state that spawn rates would have to change to mitigate the damage, but I disagree that the escalation change alone will provide that rate change. Maybe some increase, but I really don't think it will increase as much as you think it will.


This guy is so correct that CCP should hire him.
A very short timer (I think 16 hour should work) should be placed on all WH combat anomalies as soon as they spawn.

Even better if it changes accordingly to WH activity. Holes devoid of it should not act as "sinks".... I've seen shattered WHs with more than 30 (yes, THIRTY) combat anomalies sitting there doing nothing.

What is CCP expecting? Big Wormhole cartels living in a region so they can control the flow of anomalies?

If things stay this way people will have no reason to keep capitals in high-end wormholes and without them the ISK/Risk ratio just isn't worth it. All the pvers will move to deep null / Incursions running devoiding the PVPers of the funny wormhole fights within a Core Bastion or something.


Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#50 - 2016-05-02 15:53:30 UTC
Honestly this may just be what we need to see more people moving back to c6. The shear amount of c5 krab holes these days with 1 or 2 people seeding their alts in them is annoying. I would like to see the actual count of HK krab holes. I seem to find them on a regular basis.

These holes sit for a week or more at a time letting sites build up. Outside of farm alt holes there really is not that much isk made for individuals from home holes anyways. The majority of the income feeds some corp activities usually and depending on how the corp dose it's payouts only a few individuals end up with any substantial isk.

I find that most players earn their isk from statics and down the chain. Some people do not even rely on W space for their main income.

I think before we all start knocking it too hard we need to see what pans out after say a few months. If then we see that groups are suffering from a significant income loss then we have actual facts to back up our concerns and proposed changes.

Also on a side note has there been any confirmation that shattered holes spawns effect the rest of w space? I have seen no evidence of this since the introduction of shattered and have noticed no difference in spawn rates in traditional holes. There is a very good chance that they are totally independent of the rest of w space.
Previous page123