These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Turn Jita 4-4 into a Keepstar

Author
Gil Warden
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-04-23 17:30:44 UTC
Or at least turn key stations into the different types of citadels to let us players at least enjoy watching them.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2016-04-23 17:37:02 UTC
I'd rather see 4-4 turned into an unusable space wreck. I'm sure CCP could come up with some sort of lore reason for it.

Mr Epeen Cool
Gil Warden
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-04-23 17:41:32 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I'd rather see 4-4 turned into an unusable space wreck. I'm sure CCP could come up with some sort of lore reason for it.

Mr Epeen Cool

A massive incursion destroys Jita 4-4, with all player goods inside it lost/stolen by the attackers. When Caldari has to replace the station they decide to build a citadel for better protection.
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#4 - 2016-04-23 18:50:51 UTC
If you find looking at the mall in Jita gets boring to the point you need the model changed just to liven your interest....
...maybe you should try playing EVE Online for a change! You might be surprised!

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#5 - 2016-04-23 22:25:51 UTC
why dont you just find a keepstar someone else puts up in empire?
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-04-23 22:32:54 UTC
Gil Warden wrote:
Or at least turn key stations into the different types of citadels to let us players at least enjoy watching them.

Only if we can destroy it.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#7 - 2016-04-23 22:42:17 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

That would be a thing.

Recalling the live events of old that that heralded incursions, and how that amounted to historic incidents that even now you still meet players who were there, the destruction of Jita by some means would certainly make an impact to the lore and interest overall.

But imagine yourself in the position to decide on these things and wonder about the ramifications. Not a task I would want.

Would be pretty cool though.

If there is an agenda to make highsec irrelevant with new trade and industry hubs in low and null (player owned, defended, etc) it would certainly take the end of Jita to help lest the content goes unused. Think of how much highsec PVP (of the hub-humping sort) and "content" relies on there being something like Jita. And where will all those ISK doublers go?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Zahara Cody
Imperial Corrections Service.
#8 - 2016-04-23 22:46:40 UTC
Make npc stations vulnerable to destruction... No more npc stations... only citadels

Hating is free, that's why poor people do it the best.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#9 - 2016-04-23 22:52:56 UTC
Zahara Cody wrote:
Make npc stations vulnerable to destruction... No more npc stations... only citadels

Were it up to me(TM) NPC corps would declare war on each other from time to time.

Hey it should be obvious from watching the effects of World War Bee that war is good for a PVP game.

(War, in a PVP game. How about that? Go figure.)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-04-23 23:06:05 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
If you find looking at the mall in Jita gets boring to the point you need the model changed just to liven your interest....
...maybe you should try playing EVE Online for a change! You might be surprised!

Much easier to whine on the forum like a noob.

Over 12 years into the game... still haven't found it boring. There's always something happening somewhere. Players are only limited by their own limits.

Been around since the beginning.

Chandelin
Abandoned Farm
#11 - 2016-04-23 23:10:57 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Drifter fleet turns up on 4-4 and starts killing everything. A mass evac ensues as the station becomes the drifters
Main target

A huge black hole opens and a lone Jovian battleship comes through and starts vaporising drifters
Everyone cheers with joy knowing there precious 4-4 will be saved.

But the jove ship starts pulsing a white light. Brighter and brighter
Faster and faster
Then it happens
.. The jove fire a white core doomsday vaporising the exitance of jita, new caldari,perimeter and other surrounding systems.

OK OK ketamin is bad. Got to remember say no to forums and drugs
Jadek Kin
Incorruptibles
#12 - 2016-04-23 23:26:18 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Literally 'Burn' Jita?! Well then. Bring on the wrecking machine!
Shae Tadaruwa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2016-04-23 23:29:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Shae Tadaruwa
If you want to see a Keepstar, then when the first, second, third, ..., nth gets built, go look at it, outside highsec.

The highsec entitlement is not needed. You can go to null just like anyone.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."