These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

Very old Eve pictures, 2000 - 03

Author
Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2016-04-15 17:34:17 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Yourmoney Mywallet wrote:
"You have been gagged by GM Guard until 2004.05.03 04:16:54. GM Guard's reason was: Don't ram people to keep them from warping away.."



How times have changed...

Apparently some things can change to better.


Can I trollishly point to this when people say ganking was only ever nerfed?
Homo Erectus
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#22 - 2016-04-15 17:36:22 UTC
Quote:
A lot of old memories and fun there. Very good times and thanks for sharing them pictures.

/me Strokes Molles corpse.


This one is just for you, traitorous bookend. Take care.
Flatliner
Skull 'n' Bones
#23 - 2016-04-15 17:42:09 UTC
Homo Erectus wrote:
Quote:
A lot of old memories and fun there. Very good times and thanks for sharing them pictures.

/me Strokes Molles corpse.


This one is just for you, traitorous bookend. Take care.


I think I still have masses of containers of all the thousands of corpses we collected from all the wars we fought. I kept them all down in Gehi and tormented Zap and Tibor much with their corpses in a trade window. Shocked

Eve was a lot of fun back then. I just wish I'd have kept the screenshot I had of me chasing after your Scorpion you ejected from in Cloudring and the mwd stayed on. That still makes me laugh, and along with Sutty podding himself with his own torpedoes. Twisted

Homo Erectus
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#24 - 2016-04-15 18:39:03 UTC
Flatliner wrote:
I think I still have masses of containers of all the thousands of corpses we collected from all the wars we fought. I kept them all down in Gehi and tormented Zap and Tibor much with their corpses in a trade window. Shocked

Eve was a lot of fun back then. I just wish I'd have kept the screenshot I had of me chasing after your Scorpion you ejected from in Cloudring and the mwd stayed on. That still makes me laugh, and along with Sutty podding himself with his own torpedoes. Twisted



I just found the teamspeak recording of that hilarity. Among those and others, I found some more things in video and uploaded them to YouTube:

The second Eve Online trailer, from late 2000

An e3 glimpse into Eve from 2002.

An IGN office tour of CCP in early 2003.

The old "I promise I'll discover your trade and passenger routes..." trailer from early 2003

I'll edit the original post to include these.
Flatliner
Skull 'n' Bones
#25 - 2016-04-15 18:52:15 UTC
Homo Erectus wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
I think I still have masses of containers of all the thousands of corpses we collected from all the wars we fought. I kept them all down in Gehi and tormented Zap and Tibor much with their corpses in a trade window. Shocked

Eve was a lot of fun back then. I just wish I'd have kept the screenshot I had of me chasing after your Scorpion you ejected from in Cloudring and the mwd stayed on. That still makes me laugh, and along with Sutty podding himself with his own torpedoes. Twisted



I just found the teamspeak recording of that hilarity. Among those and others, I found some more things in video and uploaded them to YouTube:

The second Eve Online trailer, from late 2000

An e3 glimpse into Eve from 2002.

An IGN office tour of CCP in early 2003.

The old "I promise I'll discover your trade and passenger routes..." trailer from early 2003

I'll edit the original post to include these.



Hell, this is a blast from the past. I even found some old m0o vids with a few of our battles on it and one of us and rkk in Venal. Faramir on the fc. Good fun. The game looks so different compared to now. It was clunky.
Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#26 - 2016-04-15 19:34:55 UTC
nice pictoors )
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#27 - 2016-04-15 20:56:09 UTC
Nice stuff! It's real cool to see all this stuff from far before I started playing - and to see how far CCP has come! Especially comparing that office tour to the new one Blink
Ka Plaa
Doomheim
#28 - 2016-04-15 22:09:27 UTC
Very good stuff! Thanks, Homo!
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#29 - 2016-04-16 01:50:46 UTC
Total blast from the past for me. Great memories. This had me lolling the most though. System Reqs

Thanx for the memories.Big smile

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

The Enslaver
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2016-04-17 04:04:02 UTC  |  Edited by: The Enslaver
Oh, memories! Had some very happy times playing EVE back then.

A lot of nostalgia, but there were some things that really were far better with late beta/launch EVE compared to now.
Midori Tsu
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#31 - 2016-04-17 04:11:34 UTC
I want to know the story as to why those titan models got scrapped in favor of the newer ones, not that im complaing, the minmatar one looks hideous.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2016-04-17 05:29:18 UTC
Thanks for posting that walk down memory lane. Definitely nice to see how Eve Online first appeared.

Obviously the game had already changed quite a bit when I started playing in June 2008. 8 years later and the game is barely recognizable to me, I can only imagine how it seems to characters much older than me.



DMC
Alpheias
The Khaleph
#33 - 2016-04-17 06:13:25 UTC
The memories..

I was in MASS during the first two wars between Stain and Curse and I still have nightmares about all the landmarks I had to make, insta-dock, safe spots, insta-warp... the horror!

Met some good people though, many of whom I still talk to to this day.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#34 - 2016-04-17 06:28:17 UTC
I remember that crusty old character creation system.
Reiisha
#35 - 2016-04-17 08:04:31 UTC
Homo Erectus wrote:
Was having a non-sober chat with a corp-mate this evening, and am told that some of these pics would be of interest to folks interested in the history of Eve. A few are pictures of Eve from a CCP paperback brochure prior to the Alpha. Some are Alpha 6 to Beta 5 pics. Some are early game pics. Some are just random. Either way, I hope you folks enjoy. I hadn't looked through this crap in a long time and was doing some real laughing while scrolling through.

Enjoy

Edit to include some old videos I just uploaded. I did some quick checking to see if these were already up on YouTube and couldn't find them, but I could be wrong.


The second Eve Online trailer, from late 2000

An e3 glimpse into Eve from 2002.

An IGN office tour of CCP in early 2003.

The old "I promise I'll discover your trade and passenger routes..." trailer from early 2003


Posting in a Homo thread. Woo!

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Demica Diaz
SE-1
#36 - 2016-04-17 09:19:43 UTC
I wonder what ship is in this picture (the upper one)? Looks quite fantastic even though image is quite blurry. CCP can we has plz? Big smile
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#37 - 2016-04-17 12:12:44 UTC
PSA1SWIPE
Bladerunners
#38 - 2016-04-17 15:06:15 UTC
Pirate

oh memories Blink
Galaxxis
Unicorn Rampage
#39 - 2016-04-17 15:29:20 UTC


Right, and instead of actually developing this they just keep dumping resources into failed project after failed project.
Midori Tsu
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#40 - 2016-04-17 15:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Midori Tsu
Demica Diaz wrote:
I wonder what ship is in this picture (the upper one)? Looks quite fantastic even though image is quite blurry. CCP can we has plz? Big smile


I think that is the old Exequror model. Could also be a Thorax.
Previous page123Next page