These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Titans need 2 changes

Author
Avensys
The Waterworks
#21 - 2012-01-13 08:38:06 UTC
agree with #1

think #2 is stupid
Kuzzka
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-01-13 08:48:19 UTC
Ashina Sito wrote:

"Fly what you can afford to lose". Except you don't fly the titan anywhere and you don't lose it to anything. Looks broken to me.

I'm curious who can afford to loose a Titan in eve? i'm not sure one player can afford that. This huge and very expensive ship is nothing without a support.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#23 - 2012-01-13 08:53:18 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Ashina Sito wrote:

Purdy much. JF's are a no risk ship if you know what your doing. I have been using a carrier for logistics for about 3 years and have never lost it while doing so.

Cloaked Mach sitting off station. (The 20s timer makes it less dangerous, but it can easily wreck your day)

This is how CONVICTED recently lost 3x JFs in one go. FALCON PUNCH
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#24 - 2012-01-13 09:28:37 UTC
This would be funny, we got bridged on my 3 thrashers and a vexor in a suicide attack the other day. 3 thrashers a vexor and a leviathan would have been interesting.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2012-01-13 23:48:02 UTC
Kuzzka wrote:
Ashina Sito wrote:

"Fly what you can afford to lose". Except you don't fly the titan anywhere and you don't lose it to anything. Looks broken to me.

I'm curious who can afford to loose a Titan in eve? i'm not sure one player can afford that. This huge and very expensive ship is nothing without a support.

oh man you're so behind the times, people literally have backup titans ready to go on holder alts these days

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Evengard
Solar Dragons
#26 - 2012-01-14 17:39:28 UTC
This is not main problem of Titans.

These days they ruin sov wars in 0.0 with insane turret damage.

Earlyer there was Dreads, with same ability - Hit BS class ships in siege, melting them in seconds, and having alot of hitpoints.

Later Devs said: "Hmm seems like this is wrong" and added siege module penalty, so dreads now only used to shoot POSes

Now again they created a monster, who dominate the field, with no actual counter, except even more massive Super Capital blob.
Tore Vest
#27 - 2012-01-14 17:51:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tore Vest
Nerf titans....
Nerf everything else..
Nerf EVE Bear

Edit..
Whos cane got popped now ?

No troll.

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#28 - 2012-01-14 17:53:59 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
basically this is the dumbest post ever and you should be ashamed you posted it

the two changes that need to be made to titans:

1)remove doomsday
2)remove guns

I dunno man I kinda like the idea of huge ships with huge guns on the battlefield. But the OP suggested these "tactical assets" would have to be fielded just like any asset. I like that, it would change the role and presence of a Titan to something that can be caught of guard.

Not unlike a modern day carrier that although an awesome weapon does have to be sent to the theatre of operation (with backup, obviously) and thus is a vulnerable asset if met with a skill-full and capable enemy.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Evengard
Solar Dragons
#29 - 2012-01-14 17:59:48 UTC
Tore Vest wrote:

Nerf EVE Bear

EVE is ok, titans are not. Again.
Le Skunk
Low Sec Liberators
#30 - 2012-01-14 19:49:56 UTC
Messoroz wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Ashina Sito wrote:

Purdy much. JF's are a no risk ship if you know what your doing. I have been using a carrier for logistics for about 3 years and have never lost it while doing so.

Cloaked Mach sitting off station. (The 20s timer makes it less dangerous, but it can easily wreck your day)

This is how CONVICTED recently lost 3x JFs in one go. FALCON PUNCH

He clearly stated no risk if "you know what your doing".

Cynoing into a station that does not have a 20km undock bubble and pressing anything other then stop during the first 20 seconds after undock means you don't know what you are doing.

A competently flown jump freighter has absolutely no risk baring lag or hardware failure.

SKUNK

Previous page12