These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Low Sec - Interdictor - Module Idea

Author
Oakatsura
Mercury Arms Inc.
#1 - 2016-04-13 21:37:35 UTC
Since Interdictors are pretty much Null Sec Boats, or expensive Coraxs a use for them in Low Sec might be the introduction of a Warp Jammer Burst Probe.

Instead of deploying a Interdiction Bubble, the energies deployed in the probe expend rapidly and effect a wider area but only last for a second, long enough to disable a ship from entering a warp alignment and having to re-engage his Warp Drive.

Or another idea, it destabilizes the warp effect, once activated on a player that has activated his warp drive, warping him between 50km - 100km away from the position he was in with a short reactivation delay.
Oakatsura
Mercury Arms Inc.
#2 - 2016-04-13 21:40:39 UTC
This also means they will be available in Faction Warfare as it only effects players with activated microwarpdrives and warp drive activations, everything else is not effected, thus no sec hit for engaging a friendly target. Aggression would only occur as a result of disabling someones warp drive effect.
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2016-04-14 23:13:26 UTC
Idea like this make me really wish there was a downvote button on this forum.

No, you don't get a magic module that not only doesn't aggro someone unless they are warping, but allows you to stop people who are cloaked, **** block isntawarp inties if you spam it enough, and in general, allow you absolutely everything you want as a perfect no locking tackling mod for lowsec gatecamping, without even needing to lock the target.

It's about as balanced as allowing people to instantly self destruct any size of ship to deal 1 million damage to everything within 30km, and to allow it while being cloaked.
Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-04-14 23:50:37 UTC
Before you post an idea, put some thought into ways that it will be exploited and break the balance of current mechanics.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#5 - 2016-04-16 10:36:13 UTC
lol i always thought bubbles were a no no in low because it was to ease ppl into pvp w/o risking pods to the same degree

all i see this being used for is killing pods and industrial going gate to gate