These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Fleet warp speed booster

Author
Teddy KGB
Red Warming
#1 - 2016-04-05 02:29:30 UTC
Maybe give a command ships a new role or module for a fleet warp speed boost? Roaming in battleships takes too much stamina...
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2016-04-05 06:15:26 UTC
If you want them to be maneuverable, fit them so. It's entirely possible for a battleship to keep up with cruiser fleets if fit properly.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-04-05 13:39:57 UTC
Heard about the two things called mobile depot and travel fit?
Iain Cariaba
#4 - 2016-04-05 14:31:06 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Heard about the two things called mobile depot and travel fit?

Don't even need that. I'm not a great crafter of fits for PvP, but I threw this together in EFT in just a couple minutes. I'm sure there are much better options to be had in fitting this, but my forte is PvE fittings. I'm assuming that your roam fleet has logi along, so I didn't fit any reps.

[Megathron, Cruiser Fleet]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Explosive Membrane II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Warp Disruptor II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Large Low Friction Nozzle Joints II

Using EFT's All 5 character, that fit warps in 6.4s, has a warp speed of 3.04 AU/s. This is more than enough to keep up with your average cruiser fleet while still dishing out almost 1k dps with drones out.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#5 - 2016-04-05 15:21:39 UTC
Calling doctor Baltec.... Mr. Baltec, please take the podium.

He flies w/ AF fleets in his mega or so the rumor goes.

It all comes down to fitting the ship to do what you want it to. You have to make choices. You'd like to add fleet warp speed bonus.... what are you offering up as a downside to that upside? Free extra stuff kind of wonks game balance.
Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#6 - 2016-04-05 21:48:28 UTC
Ever heard of the saying as strong as the weakest link?

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Iain Cariaba
#7 - 2016-04-05 22:09:20 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Calling doctor Baltec.... Mr. Baltec, please take the podium.

He flies w/ AF fleets in his mega or so the rumor goes.

Yeah, he's usually quick to jump in on threads like this. Must be on vacation from the forums.
Teddy KGB
Red Warming
#8 - 2016-04-11 11:32:49 UTC
very funny. i don't actually want to fight in a travel fit. you know.. it's a battleship. it supposed to take part in a battles. appreciate your ideas about fits and stuff. maybe you also gona suggest me to use billion isk cost implants to fly faster in 0.0 space. but no thanks.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2016-04-11 12:27:50 UTC
Teddy KGB wrote:
very funny. i don't actually want to fight in a travel fit. you know.. it's a battleship. it supposed to take part in a battles. appreciate your ideas about fits and stuff. maybe you also gona suggest me to use billion isk cost implants to fly faster in 0.0 space. but no thanks.

You could fly a Mach then, I heard they warp faster or something...
Ben Ishikela
#10 - 2016-04-12 09:21:40 UTC
So how about +33% increase in speed for a fleetbooster?
Oh i forgot we have that already. Its still stupidly unbalanced.

THEREFOR the above proposal seems to be in the realm of stupid stuff we already have. Therefor totaly viable inho.
Therefor maybe this is an idea to keep in the back of devs heads when they rebalance the FleetBonusses/Boni/etc.. Then i would like it as an option.
(like i would be paying 33%signature for an increase in warpspeed, because ... options and everyone uses an afk-Fleet-booster, right? lol )

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Red zeon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-04-12 10:23:19 UTC
well, with that fleet bonus, cruisers would be like frigs then. and carriers like bs. it would affect everything, not just the aspect you would want to be better.
Ligraph
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-04-13 17:49:58 UTC
This could be a good bonus for the Ragnarok. See this and the comments.
Darth Squeemus
Doomheim
#13 - 2016-04-13 18:06:26 UTC
So you want to be able to hit like a battleship but maneuver like a cruiser. Have you considered purchasing a tier 3 battlecruiser? You'll have to be ready to sacrifice tank, but that's a fancy little concept that we call "balance." You can't have it all, bud.
Ligraph
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-04-13 19:43:38 UTC
Darth Squeemus wrote:
tier 3 battlecruiser

I assume this is a typo?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2016-04-13 20:18:47 UTC
Ligraph wrote:
Darth Squeemus wrote:
tier 3 battlecruiser

I assume this is a typo?

It's not but it's also kind of wrong now. He's taking about attack battle cruiser which fit large guns. BC used to be separated in tiers which are different than tech level. BC had 3 tier of them and the current attack battle cruisers were the 3rd tier for all races.
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-04-13 20:27:37 UTC
Yes, but not because BS are slow. I think with the increasing grid sizes ships and players should be faster and have longer range to compensate because the game can now allow for it.

Anything that gives players more control over their ability to warp is a good thing.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2016-04-13 20:29:06 UTC
Sounds more like a potential ragnarok fleet bonus
Ligraph
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2016-04-13 23:40:11 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Ligraph wrote:
Darth Squeemus wrote:
tier 3 battlecruiser

I assume this is a typo?

It's not but it's also kind of wrong now. He's taking about attack battle cruiser which fit large guns. BC used to be separated in tiers which are different than tech level. BC had 3 tier of them and the current attack battle cruisers were the 3rd tier for all races.

Dang, had me hoping for a few minutes...
Daemon Jax
The Madness Network
#19 - 2016-04-14 01:39:53 UTC
Fleet warp speed bonuses would increase server load, so probably not going to happen.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-04-14 12:32:54 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Sounds more like a potential ragnarok fleet bonus

How do you use that? You have a titan chain in all system from home to destination so your BS fleet can get there faster? All the "on grid" warping would be un-affected as there isn't enough warp time to even accelerate to 2 AU/s, let alone any boosted value. You might save a few second on a warp out warp in complete move to get position but it require you to leave grid to travel long enough for it to matter at all. The only bonus I could see being useful is a drastic buff to your warp "breaking" so you land on grid and become able to take action faster.
12Next page