These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

World War Bee

First post
Author
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#101 - 2016-04-12 14:22:59 UTC
There's this saying about names. That names have power.

That by trying to deny an entity's name, you attempt to deprive it of the power that you perceive the name to have (CFC instead of Imperium, Emporium and so on)

It's no coincidence that Mittens attempts to name both the MBC and the war. But then the same is true for the MBC side.

How about we reach a middle ground. We name ourselves and respect each others names and the name of the war remains the most widely used one (world war bee)

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#102 - 2016-04-12 14:26:36 UTC
No thanks.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Wexiz
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#103 - 2016-04-12 14:29:22 UTC
Angelique Duchemin wrote:
There's this saying about names. That names have power.

That by trying to deny an entity's name, you attempt to deprive it of the power that you perceive the name to have (CFC instead of Imperium, Emporium and so on)

It's no coincidence that Mittens attempts to name both the MBC and the war. But then the same is true for the MBC side.

How about we reach a middle ground. We name ourselves and respect each others names and the name of the war remains the most widely used one (world war bee)

Names are just labels, so when people converse they have some idea of what is being talked about. I don't really see what it is called matters as long as everyone calls it the same, or if two labels are used for the same thing they reference each other.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#104 - 2016-04-12 14:38:20 UTC
Trudeaux Margaret wrote:
If PL needs me to take a hit, I'll ...lose a T1 ship, maybe a pod, and go on with my life, I guess! Lol
OK, so why are you so uppity about the Imperium and it's "meatshields". If the Imperium asks me to be on a fleet and lose a ship I actually make isk from that.

Trudeaux Margaret wrote:
Well, because they're not. This is the second post in which you've made this accusation. I'd like you to go into explcit detail as to how you think that Horde are "meatshields" for PL. I mean, SMA and the other CFC alliances were meatshields for Goons in that they occupied the regions around Deklein, making a direct attack upon the Goons nigh impossible. See what "meatshield" means? So again I ask, how is Horde acting as a meatshield for PL?
A meatshield in the sense that if they need some fodder to throw in front of them losing real pilots, they have horde pilots. PL choosing not to own space doesn't stop that relationship existing.

Trudeaux Margaret wrote:
Given how weak and broken SMA is right now, that would not be something SMA would like to have happen, so don't scoff. Even when SMA had 4500 or so members back when I was still around and Horde was living in W-4, their roams up into Fade were a constant thorn in the side (I personally found it appalling how such a big alliance could be so awful -- it was embarrassing) and don't you even try to claim that they weren't.
All the time you are going to chestbeat, I'm going to scoff. Honestly if PL get so buttmad at one poster dismissing their superiority that they redeploy to try to attack an alliance living in NPC null, I'll be pretty chuffed at being that poster.

Even in some of the early fights of this war when horde were outnumbering our fleets alone and had NC. support on top, we were still able to hold most strategic objectives. I think pilot to pilot we'd rip horde to pieces. The only thing you've got going for you is numbers, and horde in it's previous incarnation as BNI proved that a non-existent security policy and wide open recruitment only gets you so far.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Akballah Kassan
Flames Of Chaos
Unspoken Alliance.
#105 - 2016-04-12 14:48:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Akballah Kassan
Lucas Kell wrote:
[quote=Arsine Mayhem]You failed, dredging an alliance name out of the trash doesn't mean you recovered. Only you used the name again.

Worked for test though.[/ote]Hush now irrelevant NPC trash.

Heh, amusingly the only people with less relevance in this war are MoA Smile

Amusingly MOA now hold more Sov then SMA, Initiative, TNT and Razor combined!

No worries I'm sure you guys can become the big boys of Cloud Ring eventually lol.
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#106 - 2016-04-12 14:58:56 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
A meatshield in the sense that if they need some fodder to throw in front of them losing real pilots, they have horde pilots. PL choosing not to own space doesn't stop that relationship existing.

Sorry meat shield, your usefulness has run out. The Inferium is fleeing because you weren't a good meat shield.

Oh, but they, aka Code, can gank 30 day old noobs in hisec in retrievers. U R strong.

How pathetic is that? Nothing to compare it to.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#107 - 2016-04-12 15:03:08 UTC
Akballah Kassan wrote:

No worries I'm sure you guys can become the big boys of Cloud Ring eventually lol.
Congratulations on holding sov that noone is contesting. The moment someone else wants to take it from you, you will stop owning it, guaranteed. You're absolutely the worst pilots in this entire war (unless bombing yourselves is what we're grading on). Also, you should check your math.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#108 - 2016-04-12 15:05:13 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Oh, but they, aka Code, can gank 30 day old noobs in hisec in retrievers. U R strong.
Now I understand why you are so angry at the Imperium. Thanks for the clarification. Remember, it's just a game though friend.

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#109 - 2016-04-12 15:10:26 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
... I make almost all of my isk (and that's a lot - if I liquidated it and bought plex for subs I'd die of natural causes before my sub runs out) ...

So, enough to fill a small gang of Kestrels, then? Impressive.

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#110 - 2016-04-12 15:12:41 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Now I understand why you are so angry at the Imperium. Thanks for the clarification. Remember, it's just a game though friend.

Yea, it's because you run and cry like little girls and I have never seen any of the noobs in help channel complain anything like the crybabies in CFC, aka pathetic inferium.
Angelique Duchemin
Team Evil
#111 - 2016-04-12 15:16:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Angelique Duchemin
Akballah Kassan wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
[quote=Arsine Mayhem]You failed, dredging an alliance name out of the trash doesn't mean you recovered. Only you used the name again.

Worked for test though.[/ote]Hush now irrelevant NPC trash.

Heh, amusingly the only people with less relevance in this war are MoA Smile

Indeed let us not forget MOAs contributions to the war effort and the place of honour they earned within the MBC as a result

The very sun of heaven seemed distorted when viewed through the polarising miasma welling out from this sea-soaked perversion, and twisted menace and suspense lurked leeringly in those crazily elusive angles of carven rock where a second glance shewed concavity after the first shewed convexity.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#112 - 2016-04-12 15:22:29 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
It's all about cargo expanders.

Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Yea, it's because you run and cry like little girls and I have never seen any of the noobs in help channel complain anything like the crybabies in CFC, aka pathetic inferium.
Seriously, so angry. It's just a game mate, you need to calm down before you have an aneurysm or something.

Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#113 - 2016-04-12 15:33:35 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:

So that's why you're going to ORE space?

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

Tomika
Doomheim
#114 - 2016-04-12 15:41:57 UTC
Jacques d'Orleans wrote:
I'm 51

Having seen the way you post on here I had assumed you to be much younger than that.
Brokk Witgenstein
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#115 - 2016-04-12 15:51:54 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Pretty sure it's got something to do with it, yes. For some of the newer players amongst us, goons invading highsec, providence and lowsec were the first encounters with "the almighty CFC" we'd heard many tales about. (later rebranded Imperium, not when I started playing though). This. The bumping, the scamming, the griefing, the ganking ... I happen to like Providence -- even though I'm kill on sight, we're practically neighbours and I haven't seen them act dishonourable or **** in someone else's pond just for the sake of it. Both are empires, yet one of them is clearly more benevolent than the other.

Now I usually wouldn't care about who does what in his corner of the galaxy but the ones stalking my freighter were definitely goons. So, when the war started, you guessed it: one more angry freighter pilot at Your service, Sir!

I didn't even know who goons really were until World War Bee started and I took a good long look at The Imperium. They're ..... Carebears?! Like, carebears with alts ganking other carebears? For all the crap I had to endure about freighter bumping, ganking and all the times I was told "why don't you get friends and do something about it?", well ... here I am. Besieging your lands. Doing something about it.

All in good humour of course, as it is indeed but a game. Striking back feel good though ;-)
Kamahl Daikun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#116 - 2016-04-12 16:08:37 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Seriously, so angry. It's just a game mate, you need to calm down before you have an aneurysm or something.

Is this why you take it so seriously?
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#117 - 2016-04-12 16:16:15 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
So that's why you're going to ORE space?
Blink

Brokk Witgenstein wrote:
Pretty sure it's got something to do with it, yes. For some of the newer players amongst us, goons invading highsec, providence and lowsec were the first encounters with "the almighty CFC" we'd heard many tales about. (later rebranded Imperium, not when I started playing though). This. The bumping, the scamming, the griefing, the ganking ... I happen to like Providence -- even though I'm kill on sight, we're practically neighbours and I haven't seen them act dishonourable or **** in someone else's pond just for the sake of it. Both are empires, yet one of them is clearly more benevolent than the other.

Now I usually wouldn't care about who does what in his corner of the galaxy but the ones stalking my freighter were definitely goons. So, when the war started, you guessed it: one more angry freighter pilot at Your service, Sir!

I didn't even know who goons really were until World War Bee started and I took a good long look at The Imperium. They're ..... Carebears?! Like, carebears with alts ganking other carebears? For all the crap I had to endure about freighter bumping, ganking and all the times I was told "why don't you get friends and do something about it?", well ... here I am. Besieging your lands. Doing something about it.

All in good humour of course, as it is indeed but a game. Striking back feel good though ;-)
Good attitude. Big smile Blapping each others ships and invading each other's personal space is totally what the game is about, but once it starts getting to the point people are screaming and throwing insults at each other it's certainly time to calm down. P

Though there is one thing highsec pilots don't consider. If Imperium get kicked out of nullsec there's a good chance their activity in highsec will increase. Big smile

Kamahl Daikun wrote:
Is this why you take it so seriously?
Super serious me.

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#118 - 2016-04-12 16:16:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Arsine Mayhem
Lucas Kell wrote:

Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Just a game huh? You certainly wouldn't say that if you pulled your head out of mitlamies butt long enough to hear him spaz out like a ret@rd. Omg, they backstabbed us, really? HTFU you losers.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#119 - 2016-04-12 16:21:50 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Just a game huh? You certainly wouldn't say that if you pulled your head out of mitlamies butt long enough to hear him spaz out like a ret@rd. Omg, they backstabbed us, really? HTFU you losers.

'losers' sounds very seriously from 'FW member' without any real records on killboard.... Lol

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#120 - 2016-04-12 16:24:26 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
I do listen to him giving his speeches to his in-game troops, and I'm certain he sees where the game ends and the real world begins. You certainly seem to be lacking that distinction, and that's pretty worrying. Like I said, you need to calm down my friend.