These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dictors and citadels CCP please read

First post
Author
Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-04-12 08:39:33 UTC
Ok so i just had an interesting thing happen to me. A sabre that had right's a citadel bubbled me unlocked me and then got instantly tethered By the citadel then re-locked me to drop tether and bubbled again then unlocked me to be tethered again there needs to be a weapons timer on bubbles please to stop this from happening Because when they tether it makes them unkillable
Serene Askiras
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-04-12 08:54:16 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
Ok so i just had an interesting thing happen to me. A sabre that had right's a citadel bubbled me unlocked me and then got instantly tethered By the citadel then re-locked me to drop tether and bubbled again then unlocked me to be tethered again there needs to be a weapons timer on bubbles please to stop this from happening Because when they tether it makes them unkillable



I can second that, since i was the one Bubbling and killing the poor lad. The Mechanic itself works as intended, as i had to target something so the tether drops, otherwise i wasen't allowed to drop the bubble.

The Big Question here is, how much "Safety" should one have, on both ends. By Design i would say the closer one chooses to engage at a Citadel, the More Dangerous it should get for the attacker. Titans and SUpers can already use that to good effect when on defence. A Titan can just DD and wait out the weapontimer to be safe again, which kinda helps a small defence fleet against larger attack fleets.

With the dictor it gets a bit to OP though, as one basicly hase a endless bubble potential, but that also requires for the fight to happen withing the Citadels tethering range. As stated above, a weaponstimer for bubbles could help here to defuse it a bit.

Btw. is it by design that the Citadel DD dosn't differ between Friend and Enemy?
Masterdant
Masterderizando
#3 - 2016-04-12 11:25:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Masterdant
I dont think is an OP mechanic. Will need a little more testing, but as I check the invulnerability has a range, and as I remember; cant re-check cause SISI is down atm; is within docking range.

Is almost the same as a POS, you can move to the FF enough so you are outside, buble and go inside. If you are fast, dont horrible die.

I rather prefer to not be able to buble inside that range, instead of timer for dictors. Or the buble blows up when the dictors gets tethered.

In any case, why you will be at 0 on an Enemy Citadel?
Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-04-12 14:21:38 UTC
i was not attacking the citadel and i was trying to warp away from combat and it was the closest object
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2016-04-12 15:56:20 UTC
LOL Hobo jamming lives again!!
Lugh Crow-Slave
#6 - 2016-04-13 07:21:21 UTC
To be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with this it's just an advantage the defenders have. Unlike hobo jamming it can't be used to keep ppl stuck in station as tether rights can be removed if that's what is happening

At the same time I can see why ccp would choose to remove it
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2016-04-13 09:15:43 UTC
We were already working on this, or CCP Nullarbor stealth read this post and got to working on it just as I brought it up Shocked

We are taking the same approach as we do on TQ, if you dock the bubble will be removed.

In terms of tethering, you will not be able to tether for the life of your bubble, and you can't launch a bubble while tethered.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#8 - 2016-04-13 09:57:44 UTC
tethered ships still can be bumped out of tether range to get killed
Lugh Crow-Slave
#9 - 2016-04-13 10:37:18 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
tethered ships still can be bumped out of tether range to get killed


AFAIK ccp has a plan for this. ... what that plan is I have no idea
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#10 - 2016-04-13 14:06:54 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:
We were already working on this, or CCP Nullarbor stealth read this post and got to working on it just as I brought it up Shocked

We are taking the same approach as we do on TQ, if you dock the bubble will be removed.

In terms of tethering, you will not be able to tether for the life of your bubble, and you can't launch a bubble while tethered.



Can you please clarify?

You say you are taking the same approach, but your final sentence does not follow that logic.

Right now on TQ:

You undock and drop a bubble, the bubble lives unless you dock.

That logic should translate to:

You undock and are tethered to a citadel. You lock someone to break tether and drop a bubble. If you then allow yourself to be tethered, this would be the same as docking in the current mechanics. The bubble should then be destroyed.

The logic you stated in your final sentence:

You undock, untether, drop bubble, you basically get a timer to prevent tethering (but not docking).


The closest you could get to the current mechanics would be to prevent bubbles from being dropped inside the tether range of a citadel to simulate a POS shield currently. You would burn out, drop bubble, then burn back in before dying.
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-04-13 15:22:10 UTC
Amak Boma wrote:
tethered ships still can be bumped out of tether range to get killed


Y'know that undock to out of tether range is waaaay over 100km on a keepstar, right? It's a long way even on an astrahus.
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-04-13 18:00:48 UTC
Scotsman Howard wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:
We were already working on this, or CCP Nullarbor stealth read this post and got to working on it just as I brought it up Shocked

We are taking the same approach as we do on TQ, if you dock the bubble will be removed.

In terms of tethering, you will not be able to tether for the life of your bubble, and you can't launch a bubble while tethered.



Can you please clarify?

You say you are taking the same approach, but your final sentence does not follow that logic.

Right now on TQ:

You undock and drop a bubble, the bubble lives unless you dock.

That logic should translate to:

You undock and are tethered to a citadel. You lock someone to break tether and drop a bubble. If you then allow yourself to be tethered, this would be the same as docking in the current mechanics. The bubble should then be destroyed.

The logic you stated in your final sentence:

You undock, untether, drop bubble, you basically get a timer to prevent tethering (but not docking).


The closest you could get to the current mechanics would be to prevent bubbles from being dropped inside the tether range of a citadel to simulate a POS shield currently. You would burn out, drop bubble, then burn back in before dying.


The equivalent to docking in a station is docking in a Citadel. In both cases, any dropped bubbles go away.

Tethering is a new mechanic, and they are handling that by disabling tethering for dictors while the dictor has active bubbles. This makes them vulnerable to combat. So after this changes, in Smuff Gallente's situation once he landed on the hostile Citadel and was bubbled by the hostile dictor, he would have two minutes in which he could engage that dictor. If the dictor docks, the bubble goes away and Smuff could warp off. If Smuff is in a ship that doesn't have enough DPS to take out the dictor within two minutes, he'd have to option to burn away from the Citadel far enough that the dictor would no longer be tethered, at which point Smuff would have all the time in the world to attack the dictor assuming that the dictor followed.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-04-15 21:35:42 UTC
All theory, in game reality he would be dead well before the two minutes are over because of the Citadel weapons. Blink

I'm my own NPC alt.