These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recurring Opportunities coming soon

First post
Author
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#1221 - 2016-04-12 08:12:05 UTC
Please reconsider this idea Rise... Are you not noticing the amount of abuse you are likely to get at Fanfest next week should this idea not be scrapped?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1222 - 2016-04-12 08:15:19 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:
Please reconsider this idea Rise... Are you not noticing the amount of abuse you are likely to get at Fanfest next week should this idea not be scrapped?

O.o that sounds a bit threat-ish
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
#1223 - 2016-04-12 08:16:52 UTC
Yeh I guess it does a bit :o (no hard feelings Rise... it's just a terribly thought out idea)
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1224 - 2016-04-12 08:21:30 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:
Yeh I guess it does a bit :o (no hard feelings Rise... it's just a terribly thought out idea)

LoL

And no it's a well thought out idea and will do just what they want it just sucks for the players
NovaCat13
Seymourus and Co.
#1225 - 2016-04-12 08:22:03 UTC
No thanks

Just say NO to Dailies

Circumstantial Evidence
#1226 - 2016-04-12 08:26:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Circumstantial Evidence
"Don't shoot the messenger" - new features go through lots of meetings and arguments, before we hear about them here. It's better to use the collective phrase "CCP please..." ;-)
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1227 - 2016-04-12 08:31:57 UTC
NovaCat13 wrote:

Please let ccp see this
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
#1228 - 2016-04-12 08:32:00 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:

And no it's a well thought out idea and will do just what they want it just sucks for the players

It clearly isn't well thought out, there wouldn't be 60+ pages of people saying "this idea is awful" and picking it to pieces.

Forcing people to login for an arbitrary task is stupid. If it was open to all sorts of content rather than being just shooting a red cross daily it would actually drive some gameplay. The idea as it stands achieves nothing but pissing off a large amount of the playerbase...
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1229 - 2016-04-12 08:36:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Mr Floydy wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:

It clearly isn't well thought out, there wouldn't be 60+ pages of people saying "this idea is awful" and picking it to pieces.

Forcing people to login for an arbitrary task is stupid. If it was open to all sorts of content rather than being just shooting a red cross daily it would actually drive some gameplay. The idea as it stands achieves nothing but pissing off a large amount of the playerbase...

No it mean ccp thought this out a well thought out idea/=a good idea

And it doesn't matter what task they make us do it will be forced and arbitrary
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#1230 - 2016-04-12 08:43:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
-
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#1231 - 2016-04-12 08:43:36 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:

Same was with skill trading. Implemented.
Same will be with this.

Actually I would go further. Increased SP gain by logged players. Times are changing. Players are getting older, new blood don't come by broad stream, "Hardcore Rise" is thinking he's creating sandbox environment...

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Lugh Crow-Slave
#1232 - 2016-04-12 08:55:27 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Mr Floydy wrote:

Same was with skill trading. Implemented.
Same will be with this.

Actually I would go further. Increased SP gain by logged players. Times are changing. Players are getting older, new blood don't come by broad stream, "Hardcore Rise" is thinking he's creating sandbox environment...

Telling me what to do and forcing me to play when I don't want is not a sand box is a job
Ben Ishikela
#1233 - 2016-04-12 09:05:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Ishikela
outragous!

--- well, let me think about it. ---
10.000 skill points. That would be the same as currently ca 17.5MIsk (= 700Misk/400kSP*10kSP ) for using skill injectors.
That is ca one Relic/Data Site.
How many PvE Sites? So what about an increase in Bounty for the first rat shot? Highly exploitable, right?

--- To further add on this:---
We had given numbers like 1.6Toons per Player. And older Players have way more.
Therefor thats 1.6 times the job of just undocking warping to a npc, killing it (making the killing shot or just participate), warping back and dock up. Some would have to do this 10times.
if someone had like more than 17.5 milion income per CharacterChangeTime on one character, then he wouldnt bother. CarrierRatting still a thing after expansion?
Also this is ca.50mil per day per account. Payment after 50days of "activity".

Dayly activity, hmmm? What about all the other Needed things that need to be done that are not measurable and mentioned above several times (like recruitment/scouting).

Well, i guess one could just warp to a belt and shoot something directly after logging in and then sort his stuff. or can he? In Jita/etc he cannot. (well he can, but its more time consuming. rising the time-cost)
In a competitive environment like eve that would be a cost of 17.5mi per day to have a character doing neccessary stuff without combat capabilities. You dont have that step in other MMOs where something like it is implemented.

===> Or do you want to introduce a mechanic that puts negative pressure on population density?
Then Say So, So We Can Help To Come Up With An Idea!!!

Ideas are like Seeds. I'd chop fullgrown trees to start a fire.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#1234 - 2016-04-12 09:13:12 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Telling me what to do and forcing me to play when I don't want is not a sand box is a job

Sure but if you gain, let's say 10% more SP if are logged but without dailies is not that unacceptable imo. That's why I asked if there is a mechanism that's kicking AFK players. That way you promoting players that stay online and can do whatever they want and still don't punish unlogged (passive gaining system still an good option).
Core foundation is already changed. SP can be traded. CCP will push dailies anyway. I think we need to find compromise how to reward players that logging more often in other way than mindless PvE activity.
I don't like the course this game is going. I don't like SP trading. I hate dailies idea, but some devs are fixated on how many players are online.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#1235 - 2016-04-12 09:19:46 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Erihn Sabrovich wrote:

New content is about
- new ships
- new structures
- new modules (or module changes)
- new game mechanics

That's tools not content😉

And we have enough tools ;)

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Calima Arzi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1236 - 2016-04-12 09:21:52 UTC
10,000 skill points per toon per day. A skill injector gives 400,000 (on average) - so it's a skill injector per 40 days. One plex is worth about two skill injectors. So one plex per 80 days - call it three months.

So CCP are offering skill points to the value of four plexes, per year, per character - that's twelve plex per year per account - for doing daily, repetitive, grindy tasks.

Twelve plex per year is more than many of us can afford to turn down, which is the problem. If it was capped in some way - say, up to your first three million skillpoints - or less valuable - perhaps two or three plex per year - it wouldn't be an issue.

The rewards are too high to ignore, but cycling through all characters every day is work, not play.

Twelve plex per account per year for this? No. Sorry, no.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1237 - 2016-04-12 09:27:29 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Sure but if you gain, let's say 10% more SP if are logged but without dailies is not that unacceptable imo. That's why I asked if there is a mechanism that's kicking AFK players. That way you promoting players that stay online and can do whatever they want and still don't punish unlogged (passive gaining system still an good option).
Core foundation is already changed. SP can be traded. CCP will push dailies anyway. I think we need to find compromise how to reward players that logging more often in other way than mindless PvE activity.
I don't like the course this game is going. I don't like SP trading. I hate dailies idea, but some devs are fixated on how many players are online.

That's still telling me how and how long to play

I can make an impact on the game without my character being in the game
Lugh Crow-Slave
#1238 - 2016-04-12 09:29:10 UTC
Calima Arzi wrote:
10,000 skill points per toon per day. A skill injector gives 400,000 (on average) - so it's a skill injector per 40 days. One plex is worth about two skill injectors. So one plex per 80 days - call it three months.

So CCP are offering skill points to the value of four plexes, per year, per character - that's twelve plex per year per account - for doing daily, repetitive, grindy tasks.

Twelve plex per year is more than many of us can afford to turn down, which is the problem. If it was capped in some way - say, up to your first three million skillpoints - or less valuable - perhaps two or three plex per year - it wouldn't be an issue.

The rewards are too high to ignore, but cycling through all characters every day is work, not play.

Twelve plex per account per year for this? No. Sorry, no.

Lol that's just adv for those of us over 80 it's 2 injectors a month
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
#1239 - 2016-04-12 09:29:22 UTC
Open it up for PvP kills

#SPforkillingGoons
Tomika
Doomheim
#1240 - 2016-04-12 09:38:13 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:

Putting an optional thing in the game is neither telling you what to do nor forcing you to play.