These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Vargur Level 5

Author
Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#1 - 2016-04-04 23:44:53 UTC
Hey everyone,

So I am looking to replace my Rattlesnake that I use for a few level 5's here and there and was wondering if anyone had a Vargur fit that would work for level 5's. I'm just looking for something that will chew threw non-carrier missions since right now I only have 1 character as a faction puller.

If their is another ship that can be better than a Vargur but not capital would love to know and what fit it would be!

Thanks in advance!

-Maykid
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#2 - 2016-04-05 05:41:47 UTC
Marauders can do 5's but isn't good option.
Gankers will find you and will eat you when your ship in bastion
Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#3 - 2016-04-05 13:48:58 UTC
Then which ship do you suggest to upgrade from the Rattlesnake? Or should I just train another character for Rattlesnake and run dual Rattles for non-carrier missions? I'm just trying to find an option that isn't dependent on cap since some missions have capital neut rays.

My drone skills are very high, my missile skills are high, and gunnery skills are too. Just trying to figure out another option other than 1 Rattle to run non-capital missions that can tank the missions and still complete them in a timely fashion. I know the Vargur is an insane PvE ship but the only downside is the bastion mode. But I found a relatively low populated area to run missions.

Thanks in advance,

-Maykid
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2016-04-05 17:14:39 UTC
Maykid Achilles wrote:
Then which ship do you suggest to upgrade from the Rattlesnake? Or should I just train another character for Rattlesnake and run dual Rattles for non-carrier missions? I'm just trying to find an option that isn't dependent on cap since some missions have capital neut rays.

My drone skills are very high, my missile skills are high, and gunnery skills are too. Just trying to figure out another option other than 1 Rattle to run non-capital missions that can tank the missions and still complete them in a timely fashion. I know the Vargur is an insane PvE ship but the only downside is the bastion mode. But I found a relatively low populated area to run missions.

Thanks in advance,

-Maykid

While I do not have a fit handy at work, I would start with a C5 solo fit and refit the tank to be rat specific. For gated missions, I would warp in then micro jump out 100km from the beacon (more than likely an arty fit at this point). Mobile depot allows you to refit (for now till the patch changes that).

Keep in mind that unless you are seriously pimping your snakes, you could buy two of those for a pimped marauder.
Andrew Urbina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-04-07 02:42:55 UTC
Dual rattle can clear 5s, omitting cap missions.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#6 - 2016-04-07 06:52:26 UTC
carrier or dual rattlers

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#7 - 2016-04-07 12:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Don't let the neuts scare you.

The fun (and survivable) way to do lvl 5 missions with sub caps is to use a ship that generates so much excess cap and shields that neither capital neuts nor lvl 5 missions dps can kill it. This can be done with Maelstroms and Tengus and probably other ships.

This guy did it with a lot of bling (except for one or 2 mistakes he proably could have killed those guys and lived), but it doesn't take that much ship bling, though pilot bling in the form of a full high grade crystal set and +6 cap hardwirings are necessary imo. A pretty Standard "RegenGu" can do lvl 5s, I'm doing one right now in fact Cool.
Lan Wang
#8 - 2016-04-07 12:54:17 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

The fun (and survivable) way to do lvl 5 missions with sub caps is to use a ship that generates so much excess cap and shields that neither capital neuts nor lvl 5 missions dps can kill it. This can be done with Maelstroms and Tengus and probably other ships.

This guy did it with a lot of bling (except for one or 2 mistakes he proably could have killed those guys and lived), but it doesn't take that much ship bling, though pilot bling in the form of a full high grade crystal set and +6 cap hardwirings are necessary imo. A pretty Standard "RegenGu" can do lvl 5s, I'm doing one right now in fact Cool.

wouldnt mind seeing the tengu fit if your doing 5's with it

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#9 - 2016-04-07 13:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

[Tengu, 5th Dimension]
Dark Blood Power Diagnostic System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum B-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Tengu Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
Tengu Engineering - Capacitor Regeneration Matrix
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node

Scourge Fury Light Missile x8000
Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x8000

About 1.8 bil for the ship, of -3 hours of lvl 5 mission blitzing if you know what to do. Implants may be pricey, but all of it pays off in a short amount of time.

+ partial high grade crystal set (all but the omega), 2 + 6% cap hardwirings, and 3 +5% missile hardwirings (missile range, light missile damage and rate of fire) it tanks 2000+ dps vs everything except angels/minmatar (for angels/minmatar, use explosive rather than em hardener), generates enough cap to laugh at THREE CAPITAL NEUTS (I know of one mission with more than 3) and does 630 peak dps (only 340 sustained because of reload, but you should be cherry picking blitzable mission anyways).

The ONLY problem i ever have is missile range in the few missions with far off web towers. They can't kill my ship, but they slow everything down to a crawl, best to avoid those imo.

Edit, blue pill and crash drugs are nice, beware the cap penalty that is possible with blue pill.
Gary Bell
Herp Inc.dot
Darwinism.
#10 - 2016-04-10 13:38:06 UTC
Passive tank, Duel Ancil boosting Golem and or Vargur can do missions pretty easily.. These things just take FOREVER.. cherry picking the carrier missions are always a better idea.. Or have some friends come along and pay you for the LP you share so you can help them get mission standings up.

PS.. Most people who do fives control where they live.. so getting ganked usually doesent happen much if at all.. and Two.. aside from a well thought out gang have you ever seen what happens to a small gang of "gankers" in a lvl five.. Warp in 2 or 3 people into a fortress.. lol the missioner will get your loot and finish the mission..
Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#11 - 2016-04-11 02:02:07 UTC
So dual rattlers can do the missions that are sub-cap missions.

Question about the Tengu, can that run it solo? Seems a little iffy to me, but then again all I've ran for missions are rattlers and thanny's. Just trying to find a comfortable measure so I don't have to decline a few missions and have to wait 4 hours until I can decline again when my standings fluctuate when I decline multiple missions in a row.

Now this is just me theory crafting in my head which might work and might not, but could you do a level 5 with one character going in a Vargur and another character in a rattler?

-Maykid
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#12 - 2016-04-11 04:03:01 UTC
Most L5s are an absolute grind under the best of circumstances, and the ships and fits you'll see players utilize are geared towards the 'blitzable' L5s where you only have to destroy a minimum of objectives to complete. The answer to your first question is yes, but this really depends on how much you're willing to risk in the endeavor. As to your second question, yes - but has been previously pointed out - Bastion equates to almost certain death if you get caught.

Selective L5s with a solo "RegenGu" is a better choice.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Lan Wang
#13 - 2016-04-11 08:05:52 UTC
Maykid Achilles wrote:

Question about the Tengu, can that run it solo? Seems a little iffy to me, but then again all I've ran for missions are rattlers and thanny's. Just trying to find a comfortable measure so I don't have to decline a few missions and have to wait 4 hours until I can decline again when my standings fluctuate when I decline multiple missions in a row.

Now this is just me theory crafting in my head which might work and might not, but could you do a level 5 with one character going in a Vargur and another character in a rattler?

-Maykid

a solo rattler works for some of them, i dont dual box so i had to make do with 1 rattler, it can be time consuming but doable, as said the key is finding the ones to blitz, ive not tried the tengu but it seems pretty interesting.

Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#14 - 2016-04-11 13:41:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Maykid Achilles
Lan Wang wrote:
Maykid Achilles wrote:

-Maykid

a solo rattler works for some of them, i dont dual box so i had to make do with 1 rattler, it can be time consuming but doable, as said the key is finding the ones to blitz, ive not tried the tengu but it seems pretty interesting.

Do you have a fit for the rattler you are using? Mine for some missions just gets rocked left and right by some lvl 5 missions even with passive amplifiers against there damage.

And I might have to give the Regengu a shot, even though it is expensive it looks very interesting to try out! Especially if you can solo some lvl 5's with it.
Lan Wang
#15 - 2016-04-11 14:01:13 UTC
ill post the fit later as im at work just now but yes its a full passive cruise rattlesnake with a mjd, no damage mods in the lows (you carry mobile depot and the damage mods in cargo so when you feel you are over tanking you can switch out the passive lows for the damage mods) sniper sentries seem to work best for me, dont get me wrong its not easy and you have to keep your eye on the ball and may have to gtfo sometimes, but a lot cheaper than the tengu

Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#16 - 2016-04-11 15:56:26 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
ill post the fit later as im at work just now but yes its a full passive cruise rattlesnake with a mjd, no damage mods in the lows (you carry mobile depot and the damage mods in cargo so when you feel you are over tanking you can switch out the passive lows for the damage mods) sniper sentries seem to work best for me, dont get me wrong its not easy and you have to keep your eye on the ball and may have to gtfo sometimes, but a lot cheaper than the tengu

Awesome! My Rattlesnake that I use is as follows:

Highs
4x Cruise Missile Launcher II
2x Drone Link Augmentor II

Med
2x Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
1x Sensor Booster II
1x Pithum B-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier (Mission specific)
2x Pithum B-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier (Mission specific)
1x Large Micro Jump Drive

Low
3x Shield Power Relay II
3x Drone Damage Amplifier II
Rig Slot
3x Large Core Defense Field Purger II
Charges
1,182x Scourge Cruise Missile
8,048x Inferno Cruise Missile

Drones
5x Warrior II
3x Warden II
3x Garde II

Any suggestions on how to tweak this fit would be good! I'm always up for making ships better!
Lan Wang
#17 - 2016-04-11 16:36:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
[Rattlesnake, lvl 5 Rattlesnake]
Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Explosive Deflection Amplifier II
Shield Recharger II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Large Micro Jump Drive

Drone Link Augmentor II
Cruise Missile Launcher II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Hobgoblin II x5
Warden II x2
Curator II x2
Gecko x1

Inferno Fury Cruise Missile x855
Inferno Precision Cruise Missile x254
Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x1273
Caldari Navy Inferno Cruise Missile x15
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1

Lows would have a full rack of shield power relays in cargo with mobile depot, you can also bling out the mids for fairly cheap, faction shield extender, recharger and b/a type shield amps

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#18 - 2016-04-11 17:47:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Went to SiSi, went wild.

Step One, go to sis and get moved to a system where you have a level 5 agent.

Step Two, get partial high grade crystals set (slots 1-5) + two +5% cap hardwirings (EO-605 and EM-805). you can put missile hardwirings in slots 7, 9 and 10 if you want.

Step 3 make sure you have the 2 main cap skills to 5

Step 4:

[Rattlesnake, RegenSnake]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Power Diagnostic System II

Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Large Micro Jump Drive

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile
[empty high slot]

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Curator II x2
Vespa EC-600 x5
Bouncer II x3
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Missile x6000
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Missile x6000
Scourge Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x2000
Inferno Auto-Targeting Heavy Missile I x2000
Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x5000

(add drone link II , forgot it on eft)

Step 5 is pick your jaw up off the floor because you just did lvl 5 missions in a cap stable neut proof active tanked battleship Big smile

AVOID the lvl 5 mission "Honor" at all cost (it spawns 5 Sentry 2s along with the 2 sentry IIIs). There are 2 othe rmissions to avoid but i cn't remember them, check eve survival (basically any mission with mroe than 2 sentry IIIs or those + more than 2 sentry IIs, there are only 3 level 5 missions that do this).

I haven't done this on Tranq of course, just wanted to see if it works. It works, and the fit even has enough over-cap that you always have cap to MJD at any time even under lvl 5 neut pressure. Pay attention and you are basically uncatchable in the mission itself.

Edit: works with cruise missiles too.
Maykid Achilles
No-Mercy
Requiem Eternal
#19 - 2016-04-11 17:53:37 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

[Tengu, 5th Dimension]
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II

About 1.8 bil for the ship, of -3 hours of lvl 5 mission blitzing if you know what to do. Implants may be pricey, but all of it pays off in a short amount of time.

+ partial high grade crystal set (all but the omega), 2 + 6% cap hardwirings, and 3 +5% missile hardwirings (missile range, light missile damage and rate of fire) it tanks 2000+ dps vs everything except angels/minmatar (for angels/minmatar, use explosive rather than em hardener), generates enough cap to laugh at THREE CAPITAL NEUTS (I know of one mission with more than 3) and does 630 peak dps (only 340 sustained because of reload, but you should be cherry picking blitzable mission anyways).

The ONLY problem i ever have is missile range in the few missions with far off web towers. They can't kill my ship, but they slow everything down to a crawl, best to avoid those imo.

Edit, blue pill and crash drugs are nice, beware the cap penalty that is possible with blue pill.

Quick question about the Tengu fit, would it be possible to exchange the gist x-type x-large booster with a pith x-type x-large booster? I see on Pyfa that it'll make the Tengu 20% cap stable, but could that work or does it have to be a gist x-type to make it work?

Thanks

-Maykid
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#20 - 2016-04-11 18:15:00 UTC
Maykid Achilles wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

[Tengu, 5th Dimension]
Damage Control II

Cap Recharger II

Quick question about the Tengu fit, would it be possible to exchange the gist x-type x-large booster with a pith x-type x-large booster? I see on Pyfa that it'll make the Tengu 20% cap stable, but could that work or does it have to be a gist x-type to make it work?

Thanks

-Maykid

The fit (that I stole from Lazarus Telraven on Reddit lol) originally had a pith. The Gist makes it a whole lot easier to tank captial lvl energy neuts. Basically, a Pith booster is still cap stable with extra cap left over, but lower the amount of energy neuts you can counter.

I've always used Gist, but when I have more time I'll go back to SiSi and try it with a Pith.
123Next page