These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Half right... focal adhesion?

First post
Author
Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#1 - 2016-04-11 05:31:28 UTC
http://imgur.com/ivMiMOV

This looks a lot like "focal adhesion" so why is this incorrect???

Look at that hairy little cell!!!!

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#2 - 2016-04-11 05:52:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Nat Silverguard
dude, this is becoming a trend and i want to ask you something before it gets out of hand, would you please make a single thread for all your PD grievances.

thank you in advance.

Just Add Water

Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-04-11 06:09:24 UTC
Maybe they've got a cytoplasm troll writing the answer key?

A signature :o

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2016-04-11 07:16:57 UTC
Only check one object. The brightest stained. The vast majority only require one.

Only pick two when the objects are identically stained. This can be very hard to judge where there are two (or more) similarly stained. At the worst, you will get it half right and not have an accuracy change if you only picked one.

I usually look at the all-green slide first, and only add the colours as necessary when unsure.

Focal adhesions are somewhat random scuff marks that can appear almost anywhere, where cell junctions appear more orderly and at the periphery. Cell junctions are really easy to spot when cells are in contact.
ISD Buldath
#5 - 2016-04-11 16:17:35 UTC
Quote:
13. Spamming is prohibited.

Spam is defined as the repetitive posting of the same topic or nonsensical post that has no substance and is often designed to annoy other forum users. This can include the words “first”, “go back to insert other game name” and other such posts that contribute no value to forum discussion. Spamming also includes the posting of ASCII art within a forum post, or the practice of “thread necromancy” which involved bumping of old threads for no justifiable reason.

17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Dont make a new forum post for every issue regarding PD you find. Thanks. Locked.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.