These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stabber Fleet

Author
Mister Kwong
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-01-13 04:07:00 UTC
I was looking into flying the Stabber Fleet issue. I noticed many of the popular fittings on BC are armor tanked. Is a shield fit not a viable alternative? I was a bit confused considering many Minnie ships tend to be best when shield fit and make use of kiting opportunities. I was looking to use this for small gang where I have to tackle and possibly fight outnumbered by a ship or two. Basically, I wanted GTFO ability hence my logic for a shield fit Stabber Fleet.

I realize a vaga could be better but I wanted to avoid it due to cost issues.
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-01-13 04:39:00 UTC
yeah fit it like a vaga tbh armor fits aren't viable in PVP unless you're in a AHAC blob.
Bruce Kemp
Best Kept Dunked
Train Wreck.
#3 - 2012-01-13 04:43:11 UTC
[Stabber Fleet Issue, Stabber Fleet Issue: Dual Rep/Dual Prop ]
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Medium Capacitor Booster II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon Microwarpdrive
10MN Afterburner II

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I

Warrior II
Hornet EC-300

Read more: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/42494-Stabber-Fleet-Issue-Dual-Rep-Dual-Prop.html#ixzz1jJIGjlYm

Fly this and never look back, hunt frigs,af,desi,cruisers,faction cruisers, :)
Biced
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-01-13 04:46:12 UTC
you do have the right idea.
if you are looking for a cheap vagabond stabber fleet and nano cane is what you want.

many armor tank it. cause they use it as heavy tackle.
it is very easy to get under large guns in it. so when you are trying to bump ships off gate you dont have to worry about scrams and webbs as much.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#5 - 2012-01-13 18:39:32 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
yeah fit it like a vaga tbh armor fits aren't viable in PVP unless you're in a AHAC blob.

It's posts like this that make me wish CCP implemented these forums with a "slap that poster for being a terrible person" button.

Armor fits are perfectly viable but you need to manage your range better, and have more commitment to the fight (can't easily GTFO). Plus side is you have stupid amounts of buffer. Try a Harbinger sometime.

OP, for a cheap vagabond you want to look at Hurricane (for high damage and decent speed/agility) or the Scythe Fleet Issue (if speed/agility is more important than damage). The Stabber Fleet Issue is more of a super-Rupture if anything. It also seems to be popular to fly with dual armor reps. I've seen one take on a Cynabal, followed by a second Stabber Fleet Issue, though he was using Exile boosters.

It can be shield fit, but the T1 shield resists are not that nice, and the SFI's bonuses don't really help with kiting, so you're going to be worse off than a Vagabond would be. Up to you!

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Korg Tronix
Mole Station Nursery
#6 - 2012-01-13 21:57:26 UTC
Personally it does very little in a shield fit that isnt surpassed by other cruiser/battlecruiser hulls.

People armour fit the Stabber Fleet Issue for a number of reasons.

- Tracking Bonus works better and is in intended for face hugging range.
- Low sig means you can mess up the tracking of your opponents turrets
- Its still one of the fastest cruisers even with a plate and armor rigs
- You can dual prop it, this makes it an absolute beast when combined with other things above.

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! [zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#7 - 2012-01-13 22:00:56 UTC
Korg Tronix wrote:
Personally it does very little in a shield fit that isnt surpassed by other cruiser/battlecruiser hulls.

People armour fit the Stabber Fleet Issue for a number of reasons.

- Tracking Bonus works better and is in intended for face hugging range.
- Low sig means you can mess up the tracking of your opponents turrets
- Its still one of the fastest cruisers even with a plate and armor rigs
- You can dual prop it, this makes it an absolute beast when combined with other things above.

And if you forgo dual prop, you get dual webs for delicious perfect tracking on anything ever.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#8 - 2012-01-13 22:25:10 UTC
Bruce Kemp wrote:
[Stabber Fleet Issue, Stabber Fleet Issue: Dual Rep/Dual Prop ]...

That fits Shocked

Only have experience with tricking out the Nomen, its a chore and half .. if FiS is able to run DR/DP+inject and still be able to fit proper sized guns then something is waaaaay off if you ask me.

Nerf them! Or better yet, nerf autos by increasing grid requirement.

@OP: Vaga FiS can work but dies horribly if caught. It was designed to be armour tanked and the most common one seen in FW is a buffer fit that takes ages to get rid of .. beauty of them, and why I hate them so, is that they do a better job at killing frigates than dessies do .. that tracking bonus makes their autos behave like they are firing claymore mines instead of slugs.
Ahrieman
Codex Praedonum
Divine Damnation
#9 - 2012-01-13 23:00:28 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
Bruce Kemp wrote:

That fits Shocked

Only have experience with tricking out the Nomen, its a chore and half .. if FiS is able to run DR/DP+inject and still be able to fit proper sized guns then something is waaaaay off if you ask me.

@OP: Vaga FiS can work but dies horribly if caught. It was designed to be armour tanked and the most common one seen in FW is a buffer fit that takes ages to get rid of .. beauty of them, and why I hate them so, is that they do a better job at killing frigates than dessies do .. that tracking bonus makes their autos behave like they are firing claymore mines instead of slugs.

Great idea. We buff hybrids which brings good balance to the game. Now that all turrets are fairly balanced, you are suggesting to nerf one of them?

:facepalm:

Solo Rifter since 2009

Korg Tronix
Mole Station Nursery
#10 - 2012-01-13 23:31:03 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
Bruce Kemp wrote:

That fits Shocked

Although it is a great fit it has fairly terrible cap even with the booster and its dps isn't much better, and also well active tants....

Certainly doesn't need a nerf, even fittings wise. That barely fits.

Mind you what do I care I fly Hookbills, frigates etc.

Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! [zaps one of his minions accidentally, minion screams]

Umega
Solis Mensa
#11 - 2012-01-14 08:26:23 UTC
One of the key aspects.. that was hinted at a couple of times, but not blunt enough about this thing..

90 sig radius cruiser. That still maintains quality speed if u go plates/buffer over mars. Dualprop it and watch how well you mitigate dmg because of this, if flown right.

You put on a shield tank, and you blow up one of the hidden little gems of this cruiser.. and that is its sig radius being decently under medium weapon systems sig-res/explosion radius.. and large, well yeah.
Biced
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-01-14 09:00:26 UTC
Umega wrote:
One of the key aspects.. that was hinted at a couple of times, but not blunt enough about this thing..

90 sig radius cruiser. That still maintains quality speed if u go plates/buffer over mars. Dualprop it and watch how well you mitigate dmg because of this, if flown right.

You put on a shield tank, and you blow up one of the hidden little gems of this cruiser.. and that is its sig radius being decently under medium weapon systems sig-res/explosion radius.. and large, well yeah.

the first part is very true. also with 1 sebo on you have the scan res of a frig.

the 2nd part is not true. you do not blow up the hidden gems you exchange them with the other little gems, the super sick align time and enough lows for TE for more real dps or nanos for speed and even faster align.
Umega
Solis Mensa
#13 - 2012-01-14 09:20:42 UTC
Biced wrote:
Umega wrote:

the first part is very true. also with 1 sebo on you have the scan res of a frig.

the 2nd part is not true. you do not blow up the hidden gems you exchange them with the other little gems, the super sick align time and enough lows for TE for more real dps or nanos for speed and even faster align.

Yes.. but there are plenty of other shipfits that just do it better. Quite a bit more, and with a cheaper price tag if you're just going to stuff the lows with gyros/te/nano mods on a sfi. I agree it can be a nimble lil spitfire if lows done in like a vaga.. then again.. just get a Vaga or Cynabal or kitecane or 100mnado if matar pilot wanting such.

This thing.. imo.. is better off as dualprop/armor tanked and used to scout/tackle for gangs. Same goes for the scythe FI.. underrated tackler and half the price of an sfi (I think unless **** has changed). Both having good counter frig scout/tackler defense and ability to hold larger targets.
Biced
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-01-14 09:26:12 UTC
Umega wrote:
Biced wrote:
Umega wrote:

Yes.. but there are plenty of other shipfits that just do it better. Quite a bit more, and with a cheaper price tag if you're just going to stuff the lows with gyros/te/nano mods on a sfi. I agree it can be a nimble lil spitfire if lows done in like a vaga.. then again.. just get a Vaga or Cynabal or kitecane or 100mnado if matar pilot wanting such.

This thing.. imo.. is better off as dualprop/armor tanked and used to scout/tackle for gangs. Same goes for the scythe FI.. underrated tackler and half the price of an sfi (I think unless **** has changed). Both having good counter frig scout/tackler defense and ability to hold larger targets.

op is about cheap mans vagabond which this ship does better than the nano cane imo and doesnt cost alot more.
Ryuce
#15 - 2012-01-14 12:17:54 UTC
Mister Kwong wrote:
I was looking into flying the Stabber Fleet issue. I noticed many of the popular fittings on BC are armor tanked. Is a shield fit not a viable alternative? I was a bit confused considering many Minnie ships tend to be best when shield fit and make use of kiting opportunities. I was looking to use this for small gang where I have to tackle and possibly fight outnumbered by a ship or two. Basically, I wanted GTFO ability hence my logic for a shield fit Stabber Fleet.

I realize a vaga could be better but I wanted to avoid it due to cost issues.

Check out tis thread: http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?156-PVP-Stabber-Fleet-Issue

Maybe look at Morel Nova aka Podcats vid with SFI's.
Bud Swellington
CreoDron Industries
#16 - 2012-01-14 20:45:03 UTC
In spirit of full disclosure I should probably tell you I am no pro. I am rather new, but I try and pvp with the big boys. Also I've almost got killed by a Fleet Issue Stabber (referred to as FIS from now on), that was fit like a vaga. I don't know if he made a mistake or like the Grinch his heart grew 3 sizes that day, but right before I got into hull he lost/dropped target on me and I was already aligned out ready to warp.

Now with that being said people telling you a shield tanked cane is a better poor-man's vagabond are leading you in the wrong direction. I do love me a hurricane, but it's played way different than a vagabond. Even a vagabond with a shield tank is referred to as a speed tank, isn't it? The whole point of playing a vagabond is to not get hit. Orbiting an enemy at 23km at whatever crazy speed a MWD'ed vaga goes makes you pretty hard to hit. A hurricane can't get the speed to do this. It's fast among other BCs, but many cruisers/frigs can out run the quickest hurricane. Vagabonds can out run most anything including frigs/cruisers.

A FIS has pretty similar speed to a vaga. If my memory serves me correctly it may even be a wee bit faster. A FIS can be speed tanked with astronautical rigs and a MWD. The big difference would be in the T1 shield resists. If all goes according to plan, the shield resists won't be a factor. If you make an error, or they bring a ship to the party with similar speed or a ship with crazy tracking bonuses, you're in trouble. The FIS is going to be a lot less forgiving than a vaga, your window of opportunity to GTFO will be much smaller.

Flying a speed tank vaga (especially in a solo situation) is a very effective but hard way to play, it requires much skill. Personally I don't think my abilities are there to fly either a FIS or a vaga in a PvP setting. If you're incredibly talented PvP pilot the FIS could be a poor man's vagabond, it will do the job and you will be hard to hit. If you're likely to make a few mistakes, the FIS will turn into a rich mans vaga because it's squishy.

That's my take on the situation.
Mister Kwong
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-01-15 07:47:31 UTC
Bruce Kemp wrote:
[Stabber Fleet Issue, Stabber Fleet Issue: Dual Rep/Dual Prop ]
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Medium Capacitor Booster II
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon Microwarpdrive
10MN Afterburner II

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Projectile Burst Aerator I

Warrior II
Hornet EC-300

Read more: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/42494-Stabber-Fleet-Issue-Dual-Rep-Dual-Prop.html#ixzz1jJIGjlYm

Fly this and never look back, hunt frigs,af,desi,cruisers,faction cruisers, :)

Do I have to have max skills for this? I couldn't fit the damage mod.
Biced
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-01-15 07:55:41 UTC
downgrade dcu to meta 3-4